Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Crowds - Sept vs. late Jan in the Vacation Planning forums; We just got back from a WDW on Jan 7 and now my 7-year-old wants to visit the water parks. I love Disney, so I'm up for any excuse to ...
    annie609 is offline A-Ticket holder

Crowds - Sept vs. late Jan

We just got back from a WDW on Jan 7 and now my 7-year-old wants to visit the water parks. I love Disney, so I'm up for any excuse to go. I'm thinking September might be a good time. We would want to visit the at least some of other parks as well. I've heard that the crowds are lighter in Sept, but compared to what? In the last five years we have visited 3 times in late January, once in mid-October, once in mid-November and this last trip in early Jan. It was very crowded last week (up until the afternoon of the 6th - after that the crowds decreased drastically). There were what I would consider moderate crowds in Oct & Nov, but late January was fantastic. Most of the time there was no line at all for any of the rides at any of the parks (except Soarin' which always had a line, but it wasn't always long). On several occasions we were allowed to ride mutliple times without getting off the ride! The castmembers were very nice about asking us if we would like to stay on the ride when there was no one waiting in line. I don't expect the crowds to be that small in Sept, but the smaller the better, since it will probably be just a 3-day trip and I'd like to do as much as possible. My other choice would be early April, but I'm afraid there would be a lot of Spring Breakers there. We may go back again in late January, but the temperature is usually a little too cool for the water parks at that time of year. Any feedback would be appreciated. Also - any opinion on which water park is best for a 7-year-old (he'll be 8 by Sept) ? He is a good swimmer and is quite tall for his age, so he won't have any issues with height restrictions?

Thanks,
    Annie

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I foudn this on allears about crowd levels
    Historic Attendance Levels
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

mmouse6937 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    DH and I always visit the second week in Sept and although we have seen an increase in crowds with the free dining offered, it's nothing like other times of the year. We also have been able to walk on attractions with minimal wait. It's definately hotter than a lot of other times of the year so you'll be wanting to visit the water parks. We always spend a day at each waterpark but if you're looking for just one with your son I would suggest BB. It's much more exciting for the younger crowd. I like TL better, but that's because it's more laid back. I would think for excitment factor he would love BB. I hope you have a great trip!
    Sarah

76-84 Two Trips as a Child, '00 Best Western LBV, '01 Best Western LBV, '02 Polynesian (OUR DISNEYMOON!!), '03 CBR, '05 CBR, '06 DisneyLand, '07 POR, 09/08 CBR, 12/08 BC, 09/09 BW, 03/10 POP, 12/10 POP, 11/12 Dream Cruise 2.0

My babies: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

"Saving one animal will not change the world, but surely for that one animal the world will change forever"

annie609 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the info. I am planning to wait until spring and see if free dining is offered again this year before I book the trip. It would be nice to save some money, but I almost hope they don't offer it so the crowds will be lighter. BB sounds perfect for my little daredevil!