Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss A Wild Decade-anyone going? in the Vacation Planning forums; I was just reading about a meet called "A Wild Decade" for Animal Kingdom's 10th anniversary. Sounds like fun! Anyone from here going? Or are there any plans from WDW ...
    pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder

A Wild Decade-anyone going?

I was just reading about a meet called "A Wild Decade" for Animal Kingdom's 10th anniversary. Sounds like fun! Anyone from here going? Or are there any plans from WDW Radio on a meet for this event?

jedimaster1227 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Well, I am happy to say that all of our team from WDWCelebrations will be there for our event. We are hard at work, planning some really exciting events for the day, and we are working on some extras similar to Celebration 25 that no one will be able to predict. I describe these moments as "drop-your-jaw experiences." We will be getting some pretty incredible treatment as a group if all goes as planned...

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    When is this event?
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

This event is takes place on April 22, 2008 (Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary, to the day). We have more information on the event available here: WDWCelebrations.com - "A Wild Decade".

I was there at the park's grand opening and I remember it quite clearly. Big Red's death scene caused my classmates to cry (if anyone has ever heard that story). We thought Countdown to Extinction was a rollercoaster with a big drop. Rainforest Cafe's complementary meal for us fill-ins didn't include ketchup. I remember it all!

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I wish I could go but I can't

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by nicki12 View Post
    I wish I could go but I can't
    We wish could have you joining us for this event, but we look forward to seeing if you'll join us for one of our future events. We do have our first Signature Event (the name has yet to be chosen) on September 26-28 (dates my be extended further). Also, we plan on announcing our third Commemorative Event (which will take place in 2009) at the end of A Wild Decade, so I those that miss us for one event can join us for another!

Basically, if there is a landmark date do be found at WDW (and yes, we do have more locations potentially planned for the future), we will be there!

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I am hope we are going to Star Wars Weekend.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    LOL....I got smart (for a change) looked it up after I posted. LOL

I wish I could go to be we already have a trip planned for the 1st week of March and I dont think I can talk Donnie into letting me go away for the weekend to WDW without him LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster1227 View Post
    We wish could have you joining us for this event, but we look forward to seeing if you'll join us for one of our future events. We do have our first Signature Event (the name has yet to be chosen) on September 26-28 (dates my be extended further). Also, we plan on announcing our third Commemorative Event (which will take place in 2009) at the end of A Wild Decade, so I those that miss us for one event can join us for another!

Basically, if there is a landmark date do be found at WDW (and yes, we do have more locations potentially planned for the future), we will be there!
    Can you give us information on any of those events? What are they for?
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I can't make the March event. But, I'll be at the September Signature event with bells on!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    Can you give us information on any of those events? What are they for?
    I can't say anything yet (or my team would have to shoot me), but let me see if I can hint enough without overstepping my premature boundaries:

We have two types of events (as of right now):

Signature Events- A multi day event bearing no specific park-related significance, offering a chance to meet for a fun time with unique experiences that continue to remain fresh, entertaining and surprising.

Commemorative Events- 1-2 (currently) day events directly scheduled to coincide with a landmark date or occasion (Animal Kingdom's 10th anniversary is one example).

I can also tell you that we have tentatively decided locations for all of our Commemorative Events through 2012.

We will be announcing our next Commemorative Event for 2009 at the end of A Wild Decade with a more formal announcement to be made soon after April 22. By that time, we would have covered two of the four WDW parks, leaving only two more parks to have hit a landmark date (going by 5's, that means either a _5th or at _0th). Both of the two parks we have yet to dedicate an event to will have their coverage, but when that is, I'll have to leave you guessing for now!

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Sounds great, I am all signed up for April 22! Can't wait!

Glad to have you joining us pigletfan!

HdnMickeyGrl is offline ...I could tell his 'inner Pooh' was laughing.
    Well I was reading my Allears and saw the reference to the 10th anniversary and wouldn't you know, our vacation this year was moved from May to April and weirdness of all weirdness we are going to be at AK on April 22. I'm not sure if we can come to everything but I'll go ahead and sign up so I can be kept in the loop. Pretty cool. Thanks for doing this! I hope Lou will be there. I want him to sign my books... lol
    - Jennifer

"Ooo...I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover..." - Mushu

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I'll be at The Wild Decade event, and am really looking forward to it!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast