Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss RnR Rollercoaster in the Vacation Planning forums; Is RNR Rollercoaster more intense than Everest ??? This is the only coaster I haven't rode yet at Disney.....
    Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

RnR Rollercoaster

Is RNR Rollercoaster more intense than Everest ??? This is the only coaster I haven't rode yet at Disney..

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    Considering the LSM launch, I'd say yes, it is more insense than Everest.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I'd definitely say yes, RnR is more intense than Everest. RnR has the launch mentioned above - 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds, and also has 3 inversions - two loops and a corkscrew. It's in the dark and has a soundtrack playing to really pump it up, too.

It's a smooth ride, and if you like coasters, it's a must-do.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Yeah I kinew about the twist inversions etc...I used to ride only SM but now i ride TM and Everest. Not crazy about Rollercoaster to begin with. But being a speed freak..my wife kids got me into coasters but kinda skitish about riding them. SM has got to be one of the roughest riding coasters I've ever been on.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I would compare RnR as a bit more of a thrill ride than Everest. The marketing of Everest has always been to call it thrilling rather than a thrill ride. I've only been riding coasters for a few years, but I can ride both without really freaking out. In fact, the ride up Everest to the top of the mountain is scariest part of the ride for me. I really don't like heights.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

kngdmhrts3 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    the take off is similar to mission space. in the sense you get pushed bak into your seat.

but its really loud and much more intense than EE
    Hakuna Matata

"They say Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, but they have never been in your arms"

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    I would also say RnR is more intense than EE. However, RnR doesn't have the height factor that EE does and it is a very smooth ride.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    I'm not sure if it's because i've been on hundreds of rollercoasters, or because i've been on these two rollercoasters a thousand times, but. They're about the same to me now, EE has about two or three intense parts, where to me RnR only has pretty much one (even though RnR is deff top 2 in my favorite coasters). I'd say if you're thinking about riding RnR after being able to ride EE you'll be fine.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

LordofStitch is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I rode RnR on my trip with my gf back in July, I had the first row, and this girl nearly caused me to go deaf in my left ear during the first loop. It was exhilirating to me, it's indoors, dark, loud (the music), and can be disorienting to some, but I oved it.

Expedition Everest is not really a comparable coaster. It's fun, not a LEM, and the ride to the top is thrilling, you can see the Tower of Terror at MGM from the lift hill. The one part that I love during that ride is the sensation of the tight turn going backwards in the dark. No queasiness there, just alot of cackling laughter on my part.

MISSION SPACE: Possibly the greatest ride that is not a coaster. The sensation of weightlessness, the 45 mph that your "shuttle" is moving at,and the visual effects and the movement of the ride vehicle is top notch, but no inversions really, accept for the burn around the moon. 15,000... 16,000... 18,000... 21,000!!! YEAH. I did the Oange version 13 times consecutively, and was eager to do more, but it was closing time.

RnR is a GREAT RIDE. I have always loved coasters, and the music, the darkness, and the speed as Pat said earlier make it a GREAT RIDE, and MORE INTENSE than Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain

Illinibee is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I guess I would put it this way, what scares you more loops and inversions or long drops. If you are not a fan of inversions then I would say that RnR is much more intense for you. If you do not like long drops then Everest would be much more intense. I guess it just comes down to your likes in terms of a thrill ride.
    92 - Off Property
    94 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    96 - Polynesian
    98 - Wilderness Lodge
    00 - Wilderness Lodge
    02 - Grand Floridian
    03 - Animal Kindgom Lodge
    04 - Pop Century
    05 - Wilderness Lodge
    06 - Port Orleans Riverside
    07 - Polynesian
    09 - Saratoga Springs/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas
    11 - Bay Lake Tower/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    11 - Beach Club
    11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    12 - Old Key West
    12 - TBD (Honeymoon Trip!)

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    yeah I don't lose my stomach on RnRC
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

Sounds like I'm in for a good time next weekend