Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Stitch's Great Escape or Alien Encounter?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Stitch vs. Alien Encounter in the Vacation Planning forums; I never got to ride Mission to Mars or AE but I have been on Stitch a couple of times. I don't think it's anything great. I remember taking a ...
    wannabeella is offline A-Ticket holder
    I never got to ride Mission to Mars or AE but I have been on Stitch a couple of times. I don't think it's anything great. I remember taking a friend who was visiting on it and when when we got off she asked, "that's it?". . .pretty much what I feel as well.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    I miss AE even though it scared me to death. My whole family liked it and it was one of those "fun to be scared of" attractions for my sister and I. I sad that it's gone.

Honestly, Stitch's Great Escape is the first and only Disney attraction that I've experienced that I can say I don't like. The same goes for the rest of my family. I like Stitch and I like the idea of a Stitch attraction, but I think this one was very poorly executed.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

gigliowanananic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I liked AE because was one of the rides I rode with my wife on our honeymoon. It was sad to see something I relate to such a great time in my life go away. So I bought a piece of it from mouse surplus.
    "There is a face beneath this mask but it is not me. I am no more that face than I am the muscles beneath it or the bones beneath them"-
    V

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!
    I loved Alien Encounter because I love getting that feeling that somethign is behind me and I get all the goosebumps... Stitch's Great Escape is good for the younger ages but I particularly don't like it
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

DisneyLove28 is offline Just your average Disney Princess!
    I kinda miss AE just because the only time I was ever on it I was literally pulling my mom's arm away from the ride cuz I didn't wanna go on (I was young) and I was scared, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I would have really liked to do it again without being scared like I was. Stitch just isn't anything close. It's cute for younger kids, but it's something I can definitely go without seeing.
    ~*~...it's a small world after all...~*~

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005

C'mon everybody! Let's all clap our hands and dance in a circle!

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    i really disliked stitch's great escape. i felt like the whole thing was belching, passing gas, and sneezing... that kind of thing isn't funny to me. lilo and stitch was such a cute movie, and i think they could have made the attraction much better.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

BethD is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I think allot of people that have never been on Stitch don't realize that it is pretty scary for younger kids. I have never been on the ride and not have a younger child crying. I think people knew AI was going to be scary. I know Stitch has the warning signs up but I guess some people don't believe it
    Beth D

beth@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

I didn't think it was that scary, then again I'm 19. I guess when you're young just the lights going off and not knowing what's going on can be pretty terrifying. They really should have done something better with that space or attraction.

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005

JEANYLASER33 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    MIAMI,FL ARE PLANNING TO MOVE TO ORLANDO,FLORIDA
    I love Mission to mars because to see mars in close up!
    JEANY SANCHEZ

MAY 2009- POP CENTURY

I don't even remember Mission to Mars. Sometimes I get a little upset that I am younger because I feel like I missed out on some good Disney rides. :-( Oh well.

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I never did Mission to Mars, but I loved AE. It was brilliantly executed and played on different senses to scare you. It was "fun to be scared". I agree with MandaBella - they should've put more money into this attraction and completely overhauled it. Stitch, as it stands, is terrible. I did it once, and I'll never do it again. Why should I? If I want to be exposed to belching monsters, I can visit a local restaurant and find a teenager.

M0Diz is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabeella View Post
    I never got to ride Mission to Mars or AE but I have been on Stitch a couple of times. I don't think it's anything great. I remember taking a friend who was visiting on it and when when we got off she asked, "that's it?". . .pretty much what I feel as well.
    I pretty much had that feeling too but was still fun. I'm another one who missed out out Mission to Mars though as I was too young to remember it but I must say I enjoyed AE a lot more as it was more atmospheric and terrifying

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    My vote went to Stitch's Great Escape alone.

As good an attraction AE was, it had no business being in the Magic Kingdom--it was way too intense and it scared to many guests, especially children, to death (even I was afraid of it during its first few years of operation). Maybe if AE had been built somewhere other than the MK, it probably would've lasted longer.

SGE, IMO, is a much better fit for the MK and does not deserve to get ragged on as much as it does in the Disney online fan community.

And, believe it or not, SGE IS popular with the guests overall and does not get complained about as much as some like to think. AE garnered far more complaints from guests than SGE does.

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    I voted for Stitch. I think I'm one of the few people that defends the little guy. I love him! While its not one of my favourite attractions, the really prefer it to AE. I found it too scary for MK. Stitch feels much more comfortable to me. I think it fits better and its one of my favourite films!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i like both but i was one of the first people to go on stitch before it offially opened i was a season pass holder so got to go on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast