Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Stitch's Great Escape or Alien Encounter?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Stitch vs. Alien Encounter in the Vacation Planning forums; So often in the many threads we have here you'll see the topic of Stitch's Great Escape come up. There are lots of folks out there, it seems, with a ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Stitch vs. Alien Encounter

So often in the many threads we have here you'll see the topic of Stitch's Great Escape come up. There are lots of folks out there, it seems, with a lot of passion around this attraction and what was there prior. So, I figured why not poll it? Chose which answer best fits your take on the attraction(s) and then post a response with any details you'd like to offer.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Me, I liked both attractions. To me they each offered something that was special and unique. Alien Encounter scared the living poop outta me the first time I experienced it but I loved it. When the Stitch refurb happened I wasn't really upset because I enjoyed it as well. If I could have both I would and wouldn't want either to be gone. Then again, I also liked Mission to Mars so....
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Illinibee is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have to admit that I hate both of these rides. It was bad enough that alien encounter scares you so bad, but Stitch's Great Escape actually make me sick. For some reason the smell that they use for the chili cheese dog just makes ill. So I would prefer if neither one of these rides was ever open.
    92 - Off Property
    94 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    96 - Polynesian
    98 - Wilderness Lodge
    00 - Wilderness Lodge
    02 - Grand Floridian
    03 - Animal Kindgom Lodge
    04 - Pop Century
    05 - Wilderness Lodge
    06 - Port Orleans Riverside
    07 - Polynesian
    09 - Saratoga Springs/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas
    11 - Bay Lake Tower/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    11 - Beach Club
    11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    12 - Old Key West
    12 - TBD (Honeymoon Trip!)

rocknrollercfan is offline Fastpass Holder
    Waiting to leave WI and go to Disney World
    I prefer Alien Encounter. I have only been on it once. It was about 7 years ago. My brother was only 5 and he got really scared on it.

I love Donald Duck

Ashley
    Walt Disney World

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't particually care for either of them. I only rode AE once. It was okay, but I can see where it would scare kids.....and while nothing is wrong with scary attractions, kids in this society anymore just seem to get scared a whole lot easier than kids used to and for whatever reason some people think that Disney is incapable of creating adult specific attractions or movies and have a cow if they build a scary attraction or make a movie that's rated anything "worse" than PG. Unfortunately, the attempt to make Alien less scary was, in my opinion a failure. I've only done Stitch twice, once at the Annual Passholder preview and once when we went with family that hadn't been to the parks in 10 years. Both times there were screaming and crying kids. The stitch chili burp is disgusting and overall the attraction isn't that appealing. I personally think they should have done a massive overhauling the attraction rather than do a slight "tweaking".
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    Ididn't/don't like either
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I voted for AE. I liked it because it was very different. I'm of the mindset that not everything Disney puts out needs to appeal to every age/interest level. So to me as an adult, I loved this type of attraction!

It's been awhile since I experienced Stitch. With that in mind, I think Stitch was poorly executed. I am happy to see they kept Skippy and the AA for Stitch is fantastic. But beyond that, it's not well done. I was expecting a lot from this one because I enjoy the character Stitch, and it just didn't deliver for me. It ends rather abruptly too. I think its obvious the money that got put into got put into the Stitch AA and not much else.

And I'm going to add a personal pet peeve....why do so many people refer to these two attractions as a "ride" ? I don't recall getting into a ride vehicle and being moved, I think of it as more of a show...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    And I'm going to add a personal pet peeve....why do so many people refer to these two attractions as a "ride" ? I don't recall getting into a ride vehicle and being moved, I think of it as more of a show...
    LOL!!! I am so right there with you. I didn't want to offend anyone but it drives me nuts too. I always just refer to it is an experience or an attraction.

bowlingman7 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Neither are great, but I could stomach AE. Stitch is horrible.
    If we can dream it, we can do it!

minniesmh is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I loved AE. It was so unique to have an attraction geared more for adults at Magic Kingdom (although the beginning video was pretty blah, blah, blah).
    minniesmh

I gotta tell ya... it's hilarious to me that there are no votes for Stitch alone. I really thought some of our big Stitch fans would've been here upholding his good name. LOL!!

randyzip is offline A-Ticket holder
    I loved Alien Encounter. I also used to love Mission to Mars. I used to look forward to the suprising effects they could create with a simple tilting chair seat.
    Visit my new blog WDW Buttons and More

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i kinda remember mission to mars...i went on AE once and my poor mom and brother were terrified....i thought it was ok but didn't really care for it...stitch doesn't do it for me either...yes it's more kid friendly but it wasn't creative or really that good...so i vote for neither.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Hated AE, so didn't even try SGE. I loved Mission To Mars however. Stuart was just 6 the first time we went on it, and he was almost convinced that we had really left Earth!!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

BethD is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I thought AI was VERY scary but I enjoyed it. I actually think Stitch is funny but after coming off the ride once and waiting for the rest of my group I set down beside a man who had just gotten off as well and was completely offended by Stitch. He was complaining to his family that he was going to write to Disney, because he thought it was SO terrible and Undisney like.
    Beth D

beth@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast