Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What goes through your mind on the Tower of Terror

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What is your reaction when the doors open on TOT? in the Vacation Planning forums; I was just watching a ride video of the Tower of Terror one of my favorites at any theme park. But when you go through the ride and Rod Serling ...
    DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

What is your reaction when the doors open on TOT?

I was just watching a ride video of the Tower of Terror one of my favorites at any theme park. But when you go through the ride and Rod Serling welcomes you to the Tower of Terror,when those doors open what are you thinking?

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I detest ToT - I can't stand heights and regret it each and every time i get on this ride. - I always swear I will never ride it again - ..but of course, i keep on riding each and every visit
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Every single time I get on ToT I absolutely freak out and never fail to start crying! It is like torture to me...and somehow, I've never ever not gone on while we're at Disney.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

I'm always screaming on it. The last time I rode it was the first time I didn't hold on the whole time. I should've bought the picture of Tracy and I with our hands up.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    This is absolutely my favorite thrill ride in WDW. I love everything about it. I wish I had a CD of the ambient music that is played in the lobby...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    To be honest, It's just like riding a normal elevator to me. But before I became accustomed to it, I would have an "Oh [doo doo]" moment.

If you REALLY want to hate ToT, next time you ride it, look up while your falling and going back up. While the Doors are open you can see the top of the shaft and it is almost like you are flying (kind of like Superman). It is really cool, or scary.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I'm assuming you mean the doors during the drop/lift portion of the ride (since the ants comment was one of the choices). I start to get chills the moment the first door opens to the hallway. I chose "Aaaarrrggg" because while I love the ride, the whole drop/lift is a constant screamer for me.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    Actually my reaction is..."Hmmm what should I do for this picture???" And "Wow this is the best ride ever" because it is my favorite

bowlingman7 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I know its coming, I know what to expect, yet I still let out an Aaaaaaaarrrgh!
    If we can dream it, we can do it!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Im terrified of this ride... I rode with my little cousin for his first time and he put his hands up that first time. Then we rode it again and in the basement we kinda made ourselfs really scared and it was at night... the park was so pretty, and it was my first time in the front on the side... I put my hands up but wanted to grab the cage to the wall. And some woman kept grabbing my cousins hand everytime we fell. Anyway I don't ride it anymore because my dad doesn't ride it anymore lol so I would not be able to make it on by myself. But I choose "How did I let _____ talk me into this".
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGuy87 View Post
    Actually my reaction is..."Hmmm what should I do for this picture???" And "Wow this is the best ride ever" because it is my favorite
    One time my Aunt, Sister, and I did the " See no evil, Hear no evil, and Speak no evil" pose, but they didn't post the picture. I don't know if they thought that it was vulgar or if someone else did something, but it wasn't there. We were kind of upset. I kind of think that if they thought we did something, they would have said something to us.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I have my arms up the whole time and when the doors open it's WAHOOOOOOOO ! I usually have a huge smile on the ride photo.

I love ToT.

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have only rode TOT once and that will be it for me since i am afraid of heights.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I ride because I don't want to wimp out, but I'm always glad when it's over.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

hafrase is offline All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    I LOVE this ride. When to doors open my arms go up and I start smiling. I'll ride it any time you want (unless I've done the buffet lunch ).
    You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful place in the world... but it requires people to make the dream a reality.
    ~Walt Disney

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast