Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Which Value resort is the best? in the Vacation Planning forums; Please stop over to www.WDWpeakseasons.com and check out this week's blog entitled, "Which Value Resort is the best?". After reading let me know your thoughts here about what is your ...
    unc23 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Which Value resort is the best?

Please stop over to www.WDWpeakseasons.com and check out this week's blog entitled, "Which Value Resort is the best?". After reading let me know your thoughts here about what is your favorite and why.

Also if you would like to see this week's (January 28) new and inproved Newsletter send an email to unc6@hotmail.com as well.

Take care everyone!!
    The #1 Weekly Newsletter for Disney Information. Make sure to sign up to receive our weekly Disney newsletter:

http://wdwnewsletter.com

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Ok well I can't get to that site from work but I will say that my favorite value resort is and continues to be ASMo. None of us are really sports nuts so while Sports (wow can't abbreviate THAT one) is cute, it just doesn't do it for us. ASMu is cute but I didn't get that "Disney Vibe" from it. Pop Century was a lot of fun and would probably rate as my second fave but ASMo just does it for us. With a toddler in tow, it's larger than life characters and character/movie theming in the rooms really makes things fun for all of us.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)
    I've stayed at all of them except Pop Century, but as you can see from my signature, I'll be fixing that un August ....I agree with BamaJenn, All Star Movies was my favorite, then I could leave or take Music or Sports. Pop Century looks like a blast though! Does anyone know which century of Pop Century is the Preffered Rooms area? I know that in the Value Resorts, when you choose a preferred room vs. a standard room, you end up in the area closest to the Food Court and busses.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

At Pop the preferred rooms are mainly int he 60's building, although they have expanded the area to include some rooms int he 50's as well.

We like requesting the 50's building as it is the closest to the food court and buses, and is usually available. There are only limited rooms in that building that are preferred, most are standard.
    The #1 Weekly Newsletter for Disney Information. Make sure to sign up to receive our weekly Disney newsletter:

annie609 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We stayed at Pop Century 3 weeks ago in the 70s building and it was a preferred room. Maybe it has changed recently. At All Star Movies, Fantasia used to be the only building with preferred rooms, but now every building is preferred except Love Bug and Mighty Ducks. I like both Pop Century and All Star Movies, but I would say the All Star Movies is my favorite. I think the theme is charming. I've only stayed at Pop Century once, but the food court was much messier than at All Star Movies (but I was there during a busier time of the year, so that may explain it). Could hear noise from other rooms (especially the plumbing) at Pop Century, but never noticed that at All Star Movies. The single bus stop for Pop Century is an advantage. I would definitely stay at either resort again. I totally agree with the blog that the value resorts are a great place to stay if you are going to spend most of your time in the parks.

JEANYLASER33 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    MIAMI,FL ARE PLANNING TO MOVE TO ORLANDO,FLORIDA
    me too!

Does Pop Century share a bus with the other All-Stars???? I always pity the people standing on the All-Star bus line, its awful!

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Nope Pop has its own bus service. That is one nice thing about it, and one of the reasons it gets our vote as the best Value Resort

Many of you have asked me if I could place my newsletter on here for viewing but I tried to upload my newsletter but it exceeds the size allowed, so I cannot place it on here.

If you would like to view it feel free to send me an email (unc6@hotmail.com) with the topic of ADD and I can get it out to you. Thanks and take care

Illinibee is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I agree with you that Pop is the probably the best. While the bus service can still be hard to use at times, the other main points make that ok. I really really liked the food court area more at Pop. But I guess that could be just my opinion.
    92 - Off Property
    94 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    96 - Polynesian
    98 - Wilderness Lodge
    00 - Wilderness Lodge
    02 - Grand Floridian
    03 - Animal Kindgom Lodge
    04 - Pop Century
    05 - Wilderness Lodge
    06 - Port Orleans Riverside
    07 - Polynesian
    09 - Saratoga Springs/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas
    11 - Bay Lake Tower/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    11 - Beach Club
    11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    12 - Old Key West
    12 - TBD (Honeymoon Trip!)

brianjoe is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i have not stayed at any of the all stars but i have stayes at Pop 3 times
    we like it . i ask the wife and kids if they wanted to stay somewhere else they said no
    because they liked Pop and the knew there way around it
    we stayed in the 50's and the 70's i like the 50 better but this year we are going to try the 60 's preferred room
    as far the buses the only one that is bad is going to DTD... everytime we had to wait al least 30 to 45 min..... the other buses were not that bad
    coming back from MK after the fire works is not good .......so now we stay in the park and do something after about a hour head to the bus and the line was gone
    going back for SWW this year can't wait
    no matter where u you go there you are going to the world in june 2012

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    we've only stayed at sports and pop and liked them both, but pop definitely beat out sports. the atmosphere is really great, i think i may even like it more than some of the mods. im dying to try out ASMo but havent had the chance yet.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Pop Century is really cool and nice, we also stayed at sports because well i am a sports nut.

I'm so psyched about staying at Pop now! The bus is definately a big advantage over the other three, and I feel like any era I stay at will be cool Thanks for the info guys!

*My Visits*