Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Regular non-holiday Disney in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi, I want to take my Family to see Disney when it's just regular Disney, not Christmas, not Halloween etc. In the past we used to go the week prior ...
    jasonmhood is offline A-Ticket holder

Regular non-holiday Disney

Hi, I want to take my Family to see Disney when it's just regular Disney, not Christmas, not Halloween etc. In the past we used to go the week prior to Thanksgiving week, but last time we went the last week in Oct-beginning of Nov and on Nov 1st the characters were in Santa attire. When I called Disney they told me Halloween starts the second week in Sept now. I'm now working to change our tentative plans to accomidate everyones beliefs, etc. So am I to take it Jan -August is the time to go if you want "regular " disney?

BravesFan1036 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've only been to WDW during the Christmas season, when all of the decorations are up. I'm pretty sure they leave the Christmas decorations up at least the first few days in January. I think February through August you'll be experiencing "regular Disney". I'm not an expert by ANY stretch, but that's my take. You should ask your question in the "Ask The Experts" section, they'll be able to help you out.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Between March 19, 2008 and June 1, 2008 Epcot is all decked out for the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, so Epcot is not really every day Epcot.

During weekends in the month of June, Hollywood Studios is all about the Star Wars Weekends, so I think there is a stage set up somewhere and other things, it's not fully everyday Hollywood Studios.

Are you looking for a time when nothing is happening at the parks?

Right now thinking May 10-16th

Currently the only special event on the calendar is the Flower and Garden fest, though that is Mother's Day weekend, but I don't think they do anything for that holiday that would alter the parks.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess with Sept-Nov being slower times having a holiday focus may help bring in additional visitors.

I just checked the operational updates on Disney.com and it looks like currently there are no scheduled rehabs during the time you are planning to go!