Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Epcot - Chinese New Year? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi Everyone: I'm just wondering if there might be something special planned at Epcot for the Chinese New Year on February 7th? Though we now live in Florida, my husband ...
    cayce is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Epcot - Chinese New Year?

Hi Everyone:

I'm just wondering if there might be something special planned at Epcot for the Chinese New Year on February 7th?

Though we now live in Florida, my husband grew up in Hawaii (a multicultural place, actually), and we both like to celebrate the lunar new year.

Perhaps, is there a dragon dance, etc. we might enjoy?

Thanks!

cayce is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well, we went over to Epcot for Chinese New Year. Sadly, there was not much of a celebration -- at least not during the day while we were there. I asked about a lion or dragon dance, but no one seemed to know what I was talking about, even though it's traditional.

There was only a small cart, special crafts, and a game for the kids. In fact, the young woman attending the cart seemed reluctant to give me a pamphlet for the game since I don't have kids, so we didn't play. Oh well, we had a nice time anyway.

It seems I need to go to Hong Kong Disneyland for the Year of the Mouse celebration!

(I tried to post a link, but I'm a newbie and it wouldn't work. Just do a search for Hong Kong Disneyland. Looks like fun.)

TTFN.
    Last edited by cayce; 02-09-2008 at 11:58 AM. Reason: typo

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Bummer!

I was kinda hoping the Chinese Pavilion would be doing something to celebrate it.

BTW, I think you can start posting links once you reach 10 posts.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...