Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss A tip for seeing how busy the Magic Kingdom is in the Vacation Planning forums; A quick way to tell how busy the Magic Kingdom is right before you arrive is to see how many trams are being used. On your way to the Magic ...
    jdvm is offline A-Ticket holder

A tip for seeing how busy the Magic Kingdom is

A quick way to tell how busy the Magic Kingdom is right before you arrive is to see how many trams are being used. On your way to the Magic Kingdom, have a look to your left if you're on a WDW bus at the rearmost parking lot and see how many trams are still there. If you're driving, it's a bit more difficult but they're on your right.

The Magic Kingdom has 7 parking lot trams and they're all lined up in perfect rows until needed. By seeing how many trams aren't being used, you can gauge how busy the park is at the moment.

Sometimes very early on slow days, all seven are there and when EVERYONE is heading to the magic Kingdom, you can tell because there will only be one or two there. I've always seen at least one there so I assume there must be a heavier load of people leaving the park than entering.

I know this is a bit weird but we pass by that lot a LOT heading to the Magic Kingdom resorts to deliver Lockers and I always glance over at the trams out of curiosity.
    John

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Good tip, John.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    very interesting...never would have thought of it on my own
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney