Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Epcot Passports? in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm not even sure what it would be called, but I remember seeing this on a Travel Channel special. These girls bought some book thing and there was a station ...
    DisneyLove28 is offline Just your average Disney Princess!

Epcot Passports?

I'm not even sure what it would be called, but I remember seeing this on a Travel Channel special. These girls bought some book thing and there was a station in every country where you go and a CM stamps your book and gives you a sticker or something representing that country. I was interested in doing this next month while I'm down there, but I don't really know anything about it. Does anybody know where to get those booklets or how this even works?
    ~*~...it's a small world after all...~*~

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005

C'mon everybody! Let's all clap our hands and dance in a circle!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    You can buy them in just about any gift shop in World Showcase (and most of Epcot). It works how you described - there are Kidcot Fun Stops in each country where you can get a stamp in your book.

Have fun!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Haha...I feel slightly embarrassed due to the fact that it's called Kidcot. Is this something that a lot of people do or is it pretty much just for little kids?

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005

LordQx4 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I am kind of interested in this as well. I am no longer a kid (but a kid at heart) and always make a scrapbook when I go to disney. I would like to do this as well to add it to my next book. I just dont want to be looked at like a creepy person.
    Disney Stock Holder, D23 Member, DVC Member, AP Holder

Well, here's a link to the actual product. Relive The Magic. Epcot's World Showcase Passport Kit
    It is geared more towards kids, but I'm sure kids-at-heart do it all the time too.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    The stops have tiny little low to the ground chairs and some sort of crafty type fun thing for kids... so yes a young-at-heart adult could potentially enjoy them but you might be a little out of place or uncomfortable doing so. LOL!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Maybe I will skip this one. I think I would be a little uncomfortable sitting in a chair a little to small for me. lol. I am sure I would way to uncomfortable having people stare at me while I do some kind of kid activity. This looks like one that I will leave for the youngsters to do! Thanks for the info, now I won't look like a dumbo doing this.

I gotta tell ya though... you wouldn't be the first adult to be sitting there that I've seen. Just handing out the "feeling of goofyness" warning. LOL!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Is the adult with a young child though? i will be there with my girlfriend and no child. If the adult was there with a kid, it could be acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by LordQx4 View Post
    Is the adult with a young child though? i will be there with my girlfriend and no child. If the adult was there with a kid, it could be acceptable.
    Well yeah but there will be other kids there so who would know (other than you and your gf) that one isn't yours? LOL!!

Maybe if there is a big enough crowd I could squeeze in, do what needs to be done, and exit before even being noticed.

If you're just getting the stamp in the passport, you don't even have to sit down

The Kidcot Fun Stops have a children's activity (I believe it is still making a mask) that you start in one country and then can add to at each country. And they also have the stamp for each country (the kids can stamp it on the handle of the mask if they don't have a book).
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Yeah, my big concern was feeling really out of place, but I guess I'll just have to see how the crowds are. I mean, if it's only a stamp thingie and I don't acutally have to sit down then I might not mind as much. The passport thing still looks interesting, so who knows? Thanks for all the info. though!! :-)

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005