Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss World Showcase Question in the Vacation Planning forums; I know WS opens after Future World does. Does this just mean the rides/attractions/restaurants/stores don't open till then? Can you still walk around the countries with every thing closed? They ...
    princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder

World Showcase Question

I know WS opens after Future World does. Does this just mean the rides/attractions/restaurants/stores don't open till then? Can you still walk around the countries with every thing closed?

They keep the International Gateway Open for people to enter in that way correct?
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I am not 100% sure, but when we went to the breakfast at Akershus, they had WS roped off so you could not enter.
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    The way I remember it from when we stayed at the Epcot resorts is that you can enter through the International Gateway to get to Future World but I don't think you can roam around there, there are CM's on hand to keep the traffic moving.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by princessariel View Post
    I know WS opens after Future World does. Does this just mean the rides/attractions/restaurants/stores don't open till then? Can you still walk around the countries with every thing closed?

They keep the International Gateway Open for people to enter in that way correct?
    Everything from Norway to France is roped off. You can't walk through. The UK, Canada and Mexico buildings are all closed, you can't walk inside.

The International Gateway is open, but people entering that way are hearded to Future World.

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    World Showcase is, indeed, roped off and monitored by CMs. Only those with a reason to be in World Showcase before 11:00 are allowed - no wandering around. Those who enter at the International Gateway are directed by strategically positioned CMs through England and Canada to Future World. If your name is on the list for ADRs to the Princess Storybook Breakfast, you are allowed to proceed directly to Norway. The only way to tour World Showcase prior to 11:00 is to take a backstage tour like "Segway Around The World"
    Last edited by GalPal; 02-20-2008 at 08:41 PM.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by GalPal View Post
    World Showcase is, indeed, roped off and monitored by CMs. Only those with a reason to be in World Showcase before 11:30 are allowed
    11:00am, not 11:30