Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Fantasyland Play Area in the Vacation Planning forums; I haven't been to the Disney World site to just poke around in awhile and with the trip being now less than two months away ( ) I decided to ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Fantasyland Play Area

I haven't been to the Disney World site to just poke around in awhile and with the trip being now less than two months away () I decided to hop over and see if anything caught my eye. What I noticed was that what was formerly listed as "Pooh's Playful Spot" is now listed as "Fantasyland Play Area" on the map and the description has no mention of it being Pooh themed in anyway.

Are they gearing up to do more with this area and maybe use the space behind it (man there's SO much back there still from 20k)? Anyone have a clue as to why this changed?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Boy, I wish they had more of these play areas when my kids were small. The lines and rides all require kids to be too still and build up too much energy. I like they now have a places to burn it off in an appropriate manner and venue. Even adults get fidgety in these lines but at least we have cocktail hour.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Aaron loved getting out of his stroller and being able to run around on our last trip. I'm just curious as to what's up with the naming here. Wondering if it's foreboding of things to come?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I don't know what is going on with the playground but my 5 year old had a great time running around there one evening last summer, it was amazing to see that even after a full day, he still had enough energy to run. I have to say that I liked that playground more than the Honey I Shrunk one, at least you can easily keep an eye on them.

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I wish these play areas existed in '90. My little brother could've used them. He was three at the time and easily overwhelmed