Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What Park do you go to First?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What Park do you go to First? in the Vacation Planning forums; The first two times I've been, it was the standard order: Magic Kingdom Epcot Disney's Hollywood Studios (obviously Disney-MGM Studios at the time) Disney's Animal Kingdom But my upcoming trip, ...
    Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    The first two times I've been, it was the standard order:

Magic Kingdom
    Epcot
    Disney's Hollywood Studios (obviously Disney-MGM Studios at the time)
    Disney's Animal Kingdom

But my upcoming trip, we're switching it up:

Epcot
    Disney's Animal Kingdom
    Disney's Hollywood Studios
    Magic Kingdom

Most reason is simply our dining reservations. But I wanted to go to Epcot first to make up for me not being there during the 25th Anniversary.
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

ungis is offline E-Ticket Holder
    We usually hit MK first, but if we're not able to, we hit Epcot, the last park we hit is Animal Kingdom, it's our least favorite.
    Can't wait to go back !!!
    First WDW trip June, 1996 - Lots of Disneyland trips in between -Last WDW trip December, 2006
    WDW College Program Alumni - Fall 2001
    Hello to all Disney fans !!!

ungis is offline E-Ticket Holder
    We usually hit MK first, if not able to, Epcot.
    Can't wait to go back !!!
    First WDW trip June, 1996 - Lots of Disneyland trips in between -Last WDW trip December, 2006
    WDW College Program Alumni - Fall 2001
    Hello to all Disney fans !!!

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    On our first full day there, we always go to MK. But we like to stay in Epcot resorts so that is always the first spot we head when we get in during the afternoon!

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyne View Post
    The first two times I've been, it was the standard order:

Magic Kingdom
    Epcot
    Disney's Hollywood Studios (obviously Disney-MGM Studios at the time)
    Disney's Animal Kingdom

But my upcoming trip, we're switching it up:

Epcot
    Disney's Animal Kingdom
    Disney's Hollywood Studios
    Magic Kingdom

Most reason is simply our dining reservations. But I wanted to go to Epcot first to make up for me not being there during the 25th Anniversary.
    Last time we went, we did Epcot first and then planned to the evening EMH at Magic Kingdom. It was different. Although I had a great timein Epcot, I was anxious to head to Magic Kingdom. Pirates of Caribbean was calling my name! I guess I don't feel like I've arrived until I see the MK.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

DisneyObsessive is offline A-Ticket holder
    We always go to the Magic Kingdom first, and it's certainly my favorite park.

19PK74 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I said Magic Kingdom as it doesn't seem like a trip to "The World" unless we're go there first! That and we always have lunch ADRS for Crystal Palace on our first day there to say hello to Pooh and company!

Just walkign my little girls to the center of Main Street for that first glimpse of Cinderella's Castle for the first time each trip really sets the mood for me!
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night."-Edgar Allan Poe

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I thought I had already voted on this thread! I would say Magic Kingdom is where I would like to go first but this next trip it will be AK and the next, will probably be Epcot. My son asked for Test Track to the first ride we go on.

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...
    Always MK first. In fact, the last 3 trips have been the same order: MK, Epcot, HS, AK.
    MK was the first and is part of Walt, so it always feels the most magical to me.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

19PK74 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by thokecin View Post
    Always MK first. In fact, the last 3 trips have been the same order: MK, Epcot, HS, AK.
    MK was the first and is part of Walt, so it always feels the most magical to me.
    That's the same exact order we do the parks! Of course after hitting them all the first time we start to mix it up. Although I will say we tend to spend very little time in AK for some reason.
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night."-Edgar Allan Poe

wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts
    I usually go to Epcot first since we usually arrive late afternoon. We get something to eat and watch Illuminations. The first full day, however, we always go to the Magic Kingdom
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder
    It sometimes depends upon my mood when I get to WDW. Usually out of tradition I go to MK, but once and a while I rebel and go to EPCOT
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009
    Wedding Pavilion for our Ceremony 2/27/10
    Grand Floridian for the Reception
    Polynesian for our Honeymoon

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We usually use the Unofficial Guide's crowd calendar and determine it based on the day we arrive...that said, this year we're breaking with tradition and going to the Magic Kingdom first for a few reasons:
    * It will be January, and from the sounds of it the parks aren't even up to typical levels on most days.
    * We're staying only one night at the Contemporary before moving over to the All Star Suites, and none of us has ever gotten to go to MK on the monorail straight from our hotel so we want to have that experience.

I figure this should be a fun start this time...fly in, stay at the contemporary, breakfast at Chef Mickey's and then straight to MK.

We have a second day at MK planned for later in the trip, so if it ends up being crazy, we're not completely out of luck.
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

KimDWT is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by wdfan View Post
    I usually go to Epcot first since we usually arrive late afternoon. We get something to eat and watch Illuminations. The first full day, however, we always go to the Magic Kingdom
    Same here - for me, once I see Illuminations the clock is set back and I'm 7 again. I can pretty much go anywhere after that, but the last time I was in WDW we did the Magic Kingdom the next day and it was great! It was like that feeling of coming home and seeing a parent and then seeing an old friend next day.

1980's 3 trips offsite - 1991, 1994 Offsite, 1997 CBR, 1999 BC, 2001 Swan, 2005 Offsite, 2006 Swan & Dolphin - DL offsite, 2008 Disneyland Paris offsite, 2009 AKL CL/Poly GVCL, Swan/Dolphin (2x/ea), 2010 WL, YC, AKV (Jambo), POFQ/BC, OKW/SSR, BWI CL/GF SL for Girl Trip 2.0, OKW Swaggervilla #augcrewunion, DL Hotel, YC CL W&D5K, Poly Dec Reunion 2010, 2011 Jan Who knows yet Feb 2011 BC

www.luxurytravelgirl.blogspot.com

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    There are some interesting responses on here and the reasons behind them.
    We've always gone to DHS first to go to Fantasmic that 1st night. We also go to DHS 1st because it is our least fave and we dont want to go to MK for a half day. Also with the limited showing of Fantasmic it's not showing our 1st night there.

That being said, this January we are breaking "tradition". We are going to DAK 1st and since it closes early we are going to DTD for dinner. Then we are going to MK on our 1st full day! Can't wait!

Monday Night Football Tonight!! Colts vs Titans. GOOOO TITANS!!!!
    Gotta go! Heading to the game!
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast