Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Have you been to the Pirate/Princess party? in the Vacation Planning forums; Just curious, we are headed to WDW in April and have booked the Pirate/Princess party for us and our 3yr old son...he is way into pirates! Just wondering if anyone ...
    jtodd2823 is offline A-Ticket holder

Have you been to the Pirate/Princess party?

Just curious, we are headed to WDW in April and have booked the Pirate/Princess party for us and our 3yr old son...he is way into pirates! Just wondering if anyone has attended and what to expect. Also, we are debating packing his pirate costume and Im wondering just how many of the kids dress up. Thanks all.

JT
    I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

Yep! We just went this past August! We took the boys pirate costumes down, but it was so hot that they ended up wearing their PotC tank tops and then we just put pirate bandanas on their heads with eye patches and big gold hoop clip on earrings. There were a lot of kids dressed in the costumes, but they looked awfully warm! Going in April could be a little different as far as the weather goes, but if I were you, I would go with a cooler back up plan!

If your Son is into pirates he will have a blast! IF you want to meet Jack Sparrow I would suggest either going directly there when you enter the party or wait until right before the end of the party. The line was almost a 2 hour wait when we walked by!

The Magic, Music & Mayhem Fireworks are NOT to be missed! The best fireworks display that WDW has ever put on IMHO!

Enjoy!

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have not been to P&P but I went to Mickey's Halloween party which is similar. Lots of people dressed up so I would assume you'd see the same at P&P - lots of little pirates and princesses running around. That said I would suggest a back up as well in case it is burning up hot. We were miserable in our costumes at the Halloween party and will be going as Mouseketeers in tshirts and shorts this year.
    Sept 2010 Trip Planned!