Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss To all the Pixar haters out there... in the Vacation Planning forums; I love the Pixar Movies and the Disney Movies, but I don't like seeing great attractions being taken over by movies (i.e. Pirates, Tiki Room, The Living Seas, Alien Encounter, ...
    mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I love the Pixar Movies and the Disney Movies, but I don't like seeing great attractions being taken over by movies (i.e. Pirates, Tiki Room, The Living Seas, Alien Encounter, possibly Small World!). I can completely understand Disney capitalizing on their current successes, but as a fan, it erks me to see the parks being turned into a big commercial. I'm there to see the Parks not the Movies.
    Last edited by mattj4226; 03-23-2008 at 08:20 PM.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    I have never had a problem with all the Pixar exposure. What's the big deal? These are fantastic movies, with all the charm and attention to detail and endearment that "regular" Disney films have always had. I totally agree with mritty. What has Disney exclusively done in the last 15 years that has been better than the Pixar films? You can find a direct correlation with the decline of the Eisner dynasty and the decline of the Disney films...Eisner's second in command passed away in 1995, his last film being Pocahontas...and nothing has been as critically acclaimed or as financially successful as those films. Except for Pixar. I have NO issue with any of the Pixar infusion. Until Disney and John Lassater can up their game with the hand drawn animation department, there's no reason for Disney to put lesser films/characters into the park. Lets not embarrass ourselves more with Brother Bear and Home on the Range. (The exception being ENG. I LOVE that movie ).

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Yikes! And Happy Easter to all who observe out there in DWT Land.
    Now onto Hate on Easter I guess. First, I think this is a thoughtful discussion if you parse out the hate and atrocities out of the meat of the question. I do love most Pixar Films. I have also enjoyed a great deal of the Disney Films mentioned and omitted. The Santa Clause series is beloved by my family, now a tradition in our family. I do however take objection to be labeled as Pixar hater by the prejudicial parameters set in the opening of this thread. I don’t understand the necessity to take that leap and seems to go against the grain of the friendliness of the DWT Site and forum, taking on a more belligerent, antagonistic tone that I have stumbled on by a few other Disney type sites out there and hope the tone of this thread is few and far in-between here at DWT. I enjoy a good friendly debate and find labeling people offensive.

Wikipedia is well known to most that frequent the Internet. Because of Wikipedia inaccuracies (though it has slightly improved as of late) children are educated from as young as Elementary School into High School and through College that Wikipedia cannot be use as a source or bibliography. So using Wikipedia as the spring board is risky. Since we are responding to a post that freely chose Wikapedia as the source telling us to blame Wikipedia is odd. Wikapedia did not post this thread at DWT and pose the question.

Now after all the gibberish of hate and the perimeters set for us to be labeled as haters here are my thoughts. I truly enjoy Pixar movies. I applaud Disney for creating “new” attractions like Toy Story at the Studio’s. That is my personal definition of great Imagineering. Nemo at the Seas, Dinosaurs label placed on CDtE; Imagineering at its worst. I love all the films of Winnie the Pooh. I am also not a fan of the attraction in the MK. For this century I think Pooh lacked Imagineering and had the potential to have been a phenomenal attraction, yet the vehicle itself seems to be the most creative part of the attraction. Just because I do not like an attraction does not mean I hate the film or Disney. I cringe at the thought of renaming Test Track to “Cars”. Actually I think it will dumb down TT to have Pixar Car’s, and theming within the attraction. Yet it will be great marketing for Disney/Pixar. Yet I would not hate the movie Cars or Pixar, just the marketing of them at WDW. The attraction doesn’t need it in the same way CDtE did not need the Dinosaurs slapped on it. Yet these things just keep on happening. I do not care for it. Marketing at WDW in no way makes me a Hater of Pixar or its movies. I don’t enjoy when people put words in my mouth, twisting my opinions on singular view to conscrewed it too mean something totally different, unsettling. I’d like to believe we have the intellect to go beyond this type of profiling in a debate, it is then fun verses adversarial.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I haven't read every post since my last one on this thread so forgive me if someone already mentioned this, but I am pretty sure there was a walk around Kronk at some point, I've seen a photo somewhere.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by mattj4226 View Post
    I can completely understand Disney capitalizing on their current successes, but as a fan, it erks me to see the parks being turned into a big commercial.
    If you had wings, you can fly cheap, Eastern Airlines all the way!

Eat McDonalds!

Watch ABC and their quality programs coming soon to your local ABC station near you!

So much for escaping reality and entering a land of fantasy.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    I haven't read every post since my last one on this thread so forgive me if someone already mentioned this, but I am pretty sure there was a walk around Kronk at some point, I've seen a photo somewhere.

I've seen the pictures of a walk around Kronk and Yzma too. Unfortunately, I have never seem them in person or have heard anyone seeing them recently. I never even saw them at any MNSSHP I've attended, where many villains make an appearance.

They do show up on a Google image search.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    If you had wings, you can fly cheap, Eastern Airlines all the way!

Eat McDonalds!

Watch ABC and their quality programs coming soon to your local ABC station near you!

So much for escaping reality and entering a land of fantasy.
    What ever happend to just plain brain washing? I would much rather have to indure subliminal commercial propaganda, than have it thrown at me when I'm in the parks! I'm joking of course .
    - Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mattj4226 View Post
    What ever happend to just plain brain washing? I would much rather have to indure subliminal commercial propaganda, than have it thrown at me when I'm in the parks! I'm joking of course .
    More like "AT&T presents to you the history of communication, and the reason why you should trust us to hook you up with your loved ones" . . . They do that too? Cool!

Haha! You're too funny, you have to be a skipper!
    - Matt

NeedmyDisneyFix is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think it was wise for Disney to partner with Pixar. I love all the Pixar movies that have come out so far.
    Cristabel

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Yikes! And Happy Easter to all who observe out there in DWT Land.
    Now onto Hate on Easter I guess. First, I think this is a thoughtful discussion if you parse out the hate and atrocities out of the meat of the question. I do love most Pixar Films. I have also enjoyed a great deal of the Disney Films mentioned and omitted. The Santa Clause series is beloved by my family, now a tradition in our family. I do however take objection to be labeled as Pixar hater by the prejudicial parameters set in the opening of this thread. I don’t understand the necessity to take that leap and seems to go against the grain of the friendliness of the DWT Site and forum, taking on a more belligerent, antagonistic tone that I have stumbled on by a few other Disney type sites out there and hope the tone of this thread is few and far in-between here at DWT. I enjoy a good friendly debate and find labeling people offensive.

I'm truly sorry you feel the need to label me "prejudiced", "antagonistic", and "belligerent". I'm truly sorry you did not detect the plentiful amount of ":-)" and "" that indicated the true tone of my posts, rather than the words you chose to extract. I'm sorry you felt the need to consider yourself labeled as a "hater", when I very specifically defined the term for the purpose of my post, and you clearly do not fit into that category.

Wikipedia is well known to most that frequent the Internet. Because of Wikipedia inaccuracies (though it has slightly improved as of late) children are educated from as young as Elementary School into High School and through College that Wikipedia cannot be use as a source or bibliography. So using Wikipedia as the spring board is risky. Since we are responding to a post that freely chose Wikapedia as the source telling us to blame Wikipedia is odd. Wikapedia did not post this thread at DWT and pose the question.

Once again, you seem to have failed to notice the "" that followed my "Blame Wikipedia" tounge-in-cheek response. That was a response to a perceived inaccuracy in my posted list of Disney movies (which really wasn't an inaccuracy to begin with, as The Wild is no more a "Disney movie" than the first Pixars were). It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic that's at hand, which boils down to "If you object to Pixar characters in the parks, which Disney characters from the same era would you rather take their place?"

Now after all the gibberish of hate and the perimeters set for us to be labeled as haters here are my thoughts. I truly enjoy Pixar movies. I applaud Disney for creating “new” attractions like Toy Story at the Studio’s. That is my personal definition of great Imagineering. Nemo at the Seas, Dinosaurs label placed on CDtE; Imagineering at its worst. I love all the films of Winnie the Pooh. I am also not a fan of the attraction in the MK. For this century I think Pooh lacked Imagineering and had the potential to have been a phenomenal attraction, yet the vehicle itself seems to be the most creative part of the attraction. Just because I do not like an attraction does not mean I hate the film or Disney. I cringe at the thought of renaming Test Track to “Cars”. Actually I think it will dumb down TT to have Pixar Car’s, and theming within the attraction. Yet it will be great marketing for Disney/Pixar. Yet I would not hate the movie Cars or Pixar, just the marketing of them at WDW. The attraction doesn’t need it in the same way CDtE did not need the Dinosaurs slapped on it. Yet these things just keep on happening. I do not care for it. Marketing at WDW in no way makes me a Hater of Pixar or its movies. I don’t enjoy when people put words in my mouth, twisting my opinions on singular view to conscrewed it too mean something totally different, unsettling. I’d like to believe we have the intellect to go beyond this type of profiling in a debate, it is then fun verses adversarial.
    I agree, it absolutely does not make you a "hater" of Pixar, in the sense that you mean nor in the sense that I explicitly defined at the start of this thread. You are clearly not one of the people I was addressing, and so I have no idea why you saw fit to attack my choice of words or perceive some personal attack. I don't enjoy when people put words in my mouth either.

Why do most of these threads always take a turn for the worse?

FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh
    I like turtles.
    Dreams Never Die!

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentMushu View Post
    I like turtles.
    When I grow up I wanna be a turtle and always have my home wherever I go

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    someone has a crush on crush.
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast