Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
WDW Theme Parks Discuss To all the Pixar haters out there... in the Vacation Planning forums; On the positive side. I would like to add one thing. Granted, pixar has had the better of the animated movies released as of late, I feel Disney pictures have ...
    KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    On the positive side. I would like to add one thing. Granted, pixar has had the better of the animated movies released as of late, I feel Disney pictures have really done a great job with their live action movies for this era. Especially evidenced by Enchanted, which is live action, but takes homages from classic animated film. I don't think the presence of those characters in DHS was a bad thing.
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    Why do most of these threads always take a turn for the worse?
    And after taking a turn for the worse, they take a bigger turn for the strange.
    Dreams Never Die!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJamesUT View Post
    On the positive side. I would like to add one thing. Granted, pixar has had the better of the animated movies released as of late, I feel Disney pictures have really done a great job with their live action movies for this era. Especially evidenced by Enchanted, which is live action, but takes homages from classic animated film. I don't think the presence of those characters in DHS was a bad thing.
    I'd throw The Princess Diaries films and Pirates of the Caribbean films in as well along with Enchanted as being excellent examples of Disney live action films. However, Disney has had some stinkers with their live action too in the same time period...Haunted Mansion...

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentMushu View Post
    And after taking a turn for the worse, they take a bigger turn for the strange.
    Is that before, during, or after the original premise of the thread gets hijacked?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    Agreed, if only Haunted Mansion had stuck with the ride concept similar POTC, and don't forget the country bears. I am excited that Jack Sparrow is now a park character too. I'd like to see his show.
    Last edited by KingJamesUT; 03-25-2008 at 01:46 PM.
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    I don,t really understand the politics involved in the Disney.......Pixar thing.
    I only know that most of us have different ideas of the type of film or park entertainment & charactors that we like & love.
    I like & love some Disney as well as some Pixar.........................& there are a few both Disney and Pixar that I don,t care for.So I think we have to agree to sometimes "disagree" about what is good or bad wether Disney or Pixar.

I Belle
    Maggie

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    First off, I LOVE how many of you love TENG! It's one of my favorites. It's quirky and plain fun. If someone in my family does something stupid, there's an excellent chance that one of my other family members will say, "That makes you ugly AND stupid!". I've never seen any of its characters out and about in the parks, but if I ever do, I'll probably go crazy (in a good way).

I think it's kind of sad that some people (and I don't think it's many people) have elected to categorize themselves as either Disney fans or Pixar fans. Why can't we be both? I'm both. I enjoy a good story with memorable characters, no matter who created it.

I do think that, before Pixar became part of Disney, their films were generally better than Disney's. To that end, I'm ready to enjoy more films driven by ex-Pixar employees, as long as they stay at their current quality level.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123