Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss HUGE price increase -- stroller rentals in the Vacation Planning forums; Dont blame you for being livid. I would have been too. And there were probably a whole bunch of seats open in the next car back too. What gets me ...
    vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Dont blame you for being livid. I would have been too. And there were probably a whole bunch of seats open in the next car back too.

What gets me with the trams is you see people in the farther out lots (and you know they aint walking to the gate from there) getting out of their car, opening and loading up their stroller with everything known to man. Now mind you, they are about 6 cars from the front with a toddler who should have no problem walking a short distance.

You dont know how many times I have said to these people as passing them by carrying our stroller folder and the DD walking "you know you are going to have to fold that up to get on the tram" YEAH, we know! And these are the dip wits that act all surprised to have the tram director tell them this (and usually arguing or whining "but cant I keep it open") and in the process holding up the entire tram while they take out their sleeping bags, tents and enuf clothes and food for a weeks vacation .

I told Donnie that this trip I am determined to have some fun and yell out "I told you, you were gonna have to fold it"
    Last edited by vixen101485; 04-05-2008 at 08:54 AM.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    I told Donnie that this trip I am determined to have some fun and yell out "I told you, you were gonna have to fold it"
    Sounds like you are a prime candidate to sign my petition for a new holiday. I'm gonna call it tell it like it is day. Anyone else interested?

My wife and I were just discussing the stroller topic and there is simply no way we can afford to pay the $$$$ for a double stroller rental for a week. I'd rather take ours and hopefully not have to get into an argument with someone. I'll just put the extra money into a nice sit down meal.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Well this is just yet another reason to take your own strollers I guess. We have always taken our own. Not only to avoid the rental fee but to ensure our son's comfort as we mad our way. The hard plastic just never seemed like it'd be fun to ride in on hot summer days in Florida. It's also much easier to spot when we get off a ride and the best plus is not having to turn it in before leaving the park... so if our son is asleep he can stay that way as we walk to the car.

I suppose a lot of this has to do with the fact that we don't have to fly to Disney. Traveling in your own vehicle makes taking your own stroller a bit easier I know. But... I've flown with said stroller as well and never saw it as a hassle... so I dunno.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    We don't fly either but our last vehicle was a lttle smaller so space was an issue. Now we have a larger vehicle but I didn't want the tram hastle.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

^^
    LOL...Just listen to the know it all lady in the parking lot who tells you about folding it and you will be fine. LOL

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    We've gotten to the point where, unless we're WAYYYY back, we just walk... simply to avoid the parking tram hastle.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    From the Walt Disney web site

Stroller Rentals

Strollers are available for rent at a variety of locations throughout Disney Theme Parks, Water Parks, and the Downtown Disney® Area. Quantities are limited, and subject to availability. Double-passenger strollers are not available for rent at the Downtown Disney® Area.

The stroller rental fee is $15.00 per day for a single-passenger stroller and $31.00 per day for a double-passenger stroller. A $100 credit card deposit is required per stroller rented at the Downtown Disney® Area. The rented stroller must be returned to the original rental location to receive a credit card deposit refund.

For Guests who require a stroller rental for multiple days, we offer a Length of Stay rental ticket where you make a one-time payment transaction for as many days of rental that you will need. Single-passenger strollers are available for $13.00 per day and double-passenger strollers for $27.00 per day. Upon visiting a Theme Park, simply show your receipt at the stroller rental location and you will be expedited through the queue with little or no wait time.

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We are planning to take ours next year. First of all we are flying and we have to go through O'Hare and we have a ways to walk so it will come in handy there as well. The one that we have folds up and then in on itself so it looks like an umbrella stroller but is a little bigger and has a basket to put stuff in. It also had a carring strap.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    We've gotten to the point where, unless we're WAYYYY back, we just walk... simply to avoid the parking tram hastle.
    We do too, unless we see a tram just pulling in and no line for it. We have it folded before we get to the tram area anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyqwn1 View Post
    The one that we have folds up and then in on itself so it looks like an umbrella stroller but is a little bigger and has a basket to put stuff in. It also had a carring strap.
    Sounds similar to ours but without the carrying strap. ****Vix sits and tries to figure out how to attach one of those strap hickey do's to her stroller.

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We were thinking of renting a stroller until I heard the prices went up. Now I'm pretty sure that we are going to be taking our own. I'm not willing to pay those prices. Oh how I wish they let you take those wagons in. It would be better for our kids. Oh well...

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003

minniesmh is offline B-Ticket Holder
    This year we are taking our own stroller. My DD didn't like sitting in the rented ones and so we ended up putting our backpacks in it and carrying/walking with DD. It ended up being a waste of money. Except for the ones in DTD, those ones were nicer and more comfy. DD would sit in it for a couple of hours at a time!
    minniesmh

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Still having a difficult time believing this price increase.

The buses and monorails are crowded enough at peak times, lets toss in that many more strollers and they'll need to be running more buses. Plus it isn't really easy to hold on to a couple of preschoolers and a stroller if you do not get a seat.

This has to be in the top ten of Dumb things Disney has done.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

stephanie71717 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Here is another bad point, airlines are only allowing you one checked bag per person. So if you bring your own stroller you will probably have to pay anywhere from $10- $50 for the extra "checked item". Unfortunately my son is too big for a regular stroller but too young to walk all that way. So it looks like we will be handing over that cash for one of those stroller. Lets just hope nobody tries to steal my stroller.

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Still having a difficult time believing this price increase.

The buses and monorails are crowded enough at peak times, lets toss in that many more strollers and they'll need to be running more buses. Plus it isn't really easy to hold on to a couple of preschoolers and a stroller if you do not get a seat.

This has to be in the top ten of Dumb things Disney has done.
    I agree that it isn't too smart of them to increase it quite this much. Holding onto one child's hand is sometimes hard enough. Add in another child's hand and 2 strollers and you've got a recipe for a disaster. I'm not looking forward to it either.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie71717 View Post
    Here is another bad point, airlines are only allowing you one checked bag per person. So if you bring your own stroller you will probably have to pay anywhere from $10- $50 for the extra "checked item". Unfortunately my son is too big for a regular stroller but too young to walk all that way. So it looks like we will be handing over that cash for one of those stroller. Lets just hope nobody tries to steal my stroller.
    Yeah, that is another bad point. And another reason we didn't opt to fly. But if we go to DL we would probably fly which means we'll be handing out the cash for the stroller rental there as well. Not good.

I hope no one tries to steal your stroller. They should look at making a way for only the person who rented the stroller to be able to rent it....although without any refund I guess that is a moot point now.

I wonder what exactly was the reason behind the sharp increase in rental price. Anyone know?

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Last time we were at WDW, we stopped at the big Publix store in Orlando to pick up some groceries and other items and saw they had umbrella strollers for sale for around $15 or less. Call ahead and see if they still carry them and if so, you could buy one and then give it away before you hop back on the plane.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast