Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
WDW Theme Parks Discuss HUGE price increase -- stroller rentals in the Vacation Planning forums; Wow! This is nuts. I bet we will start seeing more kids in wheelchairs. It'll be a cash-saver....
    Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Wow! This is nuts. I bet we will start seeing more kids in wheelchairs. It'll be a cash-saver.

aprilhendrix9 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    On this same subject, we are planning on taking our stroller for our (will be 1 year old) with a toddler bench for our 4 year old. We will be riding the monorail quite a bit. Do you guys think this is a bad idea to take our own? I certainly don't want to pay the $$ when we have our own.
    This September!! . . . 2010-6 days-Animal Kingdom
    1994-1 day-Mgic Kingdom-Off Site
    1995-1 day-Magic Kingdom-Off Site
    2008-5 days-Polynesian

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Me and my family are planning to take ours too. I bought a Maclaren lightweight stroller that folds up to be really compact. Even has a carring strap. This will work really good for going through the airport and the buses.

Experiment_626 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We took our two-year back in January. The stroller we had at home before we left was terrible. It was a cheap umbrella stroller and it refused to go in a straight line. We looked like drunken lunatics trying to push the thing around — we took it to the North Florida Fair as a dry run for the stroller, and to see how our little boy would respond to the crowds, rides and noise. Deciding the stroller was completely unacceptable, we looked at the Consumer Reports site and bought one of the strollers it recommended highly. We're not sorry we did. The one we got is a dream to steer — it was almost as if you just think about where you want to go and it does it. It was a little tough to get it on the tram, as it would barely fit in the floorboard when folded (note: I believe either the front or back seat in the tram cars — at least some of them — have a little extra leg room, but don't quote me). That was the only time it was a hassle. The caveat is that we drive down, as we live five hours away. If we were going to fly down, we would look seriously at buying an inexpensive umbrella stroller, and maybe a can of WD-40 to keep the wheels turning freely! For a trip of more than a day or two, that sounds much less expensive.

SSB

cholleman is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have 3 kids under the age of 7 and we have taken our own and rented on separate trips. Although it's VERY expensive now it sure is nice not to have to lug strollers around onto trams, buses and monorails. That gets old quick.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    And the hits keep on coming...

From All Ears:

....Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party no
    longer included a free stroller. They must be rented now.

disneydenise is offline A-Ticket holder

Lightbulb

We're leaving for WDW the day after Thanksgiving and were planning on renting a double stroller in parks since we now have 3 kids and didn't feel like lugging on transportation (trams, boats, monorail,etc.) Just found out about the price hike and went looking for alternatives. Almost bought a double stroller from Target for $89.99 just since it was smaller than the one we use at home but found a place in Orlando that rents very high end stollers and will deliver to your on property hotel, off property hotel, or rental home. Much cheaper than renting in parks. Still have to lug on transportation but less than half the price so worth it. Search Orlando Stroller Rental dot com to find 'em.

cholleman is offline A-Ticket holder
    We're using Orlando Stroller Rental when we go down next month. They're going to save us a TON of money. If anyone has used them yet, post a review. The strollers look great, the owner seems genuine (heard her on WDW Today). I'm so glad this option is available.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    If you're worried someone will steal your stroller here is a good preventive measure:
    Tie a clear plastic bag with what looks like a dirty diaper in it. (spill lemonade in a new diaper or for the hardcore, a insert a melted Baby Ruth)
    Who would want to deal with that when there are literally dozens of other strollers to choose from?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Well maybe this explains the huge increases for rentals, they had an incoming invoice for new strollers in route?

From All Ears newsletter, a quote from a member:

We just returned from our trip to Disney World.
    On November 19, Magic Kingdom rolled out new strollers. They are
    considerably smaller than the old ones. We have three kids (ages
    2, 5, and 7) and normally have two in the seats and one at their
    feet. The new ones are narrower and shorter, so it's nearly
    impossible to fit three and it's even tight for me to put my two
    older ones side by side. They look nice, and are easier to get
    through the stores, but I still prefer the old larger models
    better.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    That is a total shocker to me.But actually it's not.I love to go to Disney,and will continue to do so,but those in charge are nothing more than greedy.
    To charge that much for strollers,only shows how greedy this world is and how much more greedy it is becoming,daily.
    Thankfully,we are also beyond the stroller ages,but my heart goes out to those of yall that aren't.
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 11-27-2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: inappropriate language
    Park Hopper Dad!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123