Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss HUGE price increase -- stroller rentals in the Vacation Planning forums; Effective April 6, 2008, prices for stroller rentals skyrocket. A single will rent for $15/day ($13/day with multi-day rental discount), up from $10 ($8 with discount). A double will rent ...
    CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder

Angry HUGE price increase -- stroller rentals

Effective April 6, 2008, prices for stroller rentals skyrocket.

A single will rent for $15/day ($13/day with multi-day rental discount), up from $10 ($8 with discount).

A double will rent for ... and no, this isn't a typo ... $31/day ($27 with multi-day rental discount), up from $18 ($16 with discount).
    -- Eric

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Wow, that really is a HUGE increase. Must be very frustrating to families with little ones, nobody wants to hand over that much cash for a stroller rental, but if you're using Disney transportation I'm sure its a big pain to have to lug your own around. Pretty ridiculous.
    Last edited by Thumper10; 04-05-2008 at 10:07 PM.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I saw that earlier today....YEESH. That really is a huge increase. For that much for a double you might as well rent the ECV and let the kids drive. LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Wow that is crazy! We just budgeted that in and now looks like it may have to be deleted. But I hate the thought of taking our stroller. It was a nightmare taking that thing on the monorail while holding a toddler.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Glad we don't need one anymore. It was very handy when we did use one though.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

How much of that do you get back when you turn it back in?

I know in January the locker price went up but after you turned you key back in it was the same price as before. They just increased the deposit.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    Where did you find that? We're going 4/6-8 but might go get stroller coupons ahead of time...
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Glad we are past it. We kept an umbrella stroller at Hotel and rented in parks. I'd rethink that now.

$7.00 stroller & $l.00 deposit
    $12.00 double

Current LOS

$l0.00 $8.00
    $l8.00 Double $16.00

April 6th

$15.00 $13.00
    $31.00 Double $27.00

Note: Disney now sells single strollers for $40.00 near stroller rental areas however then you must commute with them, so why wouldn't you bring your own.

Can you imagine the poor folks who do not look at the boards prior to a trip and their Birnbaum says ten and now is $l5. Yikes. WDW should check the CPI, it isn't 50%.

Most folks heading to WDW have had plans for sometime. With the economy going the way it is I am surprised WDW is increasing so many prices. Admission twice in a year, parking, mini-golf, stroller and EVC.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I guess you have to think of it as a "ticket". If the kids are young enough to get in for free, then they'll get you on a stroller rental.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    I guess you have to think of it as a "ticket". If the kids are young enough to get in for free, then they'll get you on a stroller rental.
    My kids could not go all day when they were 3 & 4. So I paid the admission and the stroller. Kids are 5 years apart so no double strollers in my history.
    Most of our visits the stroller was $5.00 a day, DDl6, DS20. I do feel for the parents now. Over a hundred dollars for a week and nearly $200 for a double for a week, ouch.

Wheelchairs still $l0.00; sadly I bet you'll be seeing parents renting a wheelchair and putting two preschoolers in the wheelchair like the days prior to double strollers at WDW. $l0 vs. $27/$31.

I think this is ridiculous. Has Disney recently invested in all new strollers and they are looking to recoup some of the cost? I'm sure they have paid for the cost of these strollers many times over and this is just another way of getting more money. I just saw that Universal studios LOWERED the cost of their on line 7 day unlimited access to 79.99 per person. It was 85.99.

I know people will always want to go to WDW but with the costs of everything going up they are going to have to help the consumer.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    How much of that do you get back when you turn it back in?
    You get NOTHING back when you return a stroller. As recently as 2005 or early 2006 you would get a crisp Disney Dollar when returning your stroller, but they stopped that, reportedly because people were stealing rental strollers to return them for Disney Dollars.
    -- Eric

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Wow that is crazy! We just budgeted that in and now looks like it may have to be deleted. But I hate the thought of taking our stroller. It was a nightmare taking that thing on the monorail while holding a toddler.
    You didnt fold it on the monorail did you? Other then the Bigger boats that is the only transportation that you ARE allowed to keep them open on.
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    My kids could not go all day when they were 3 & 4. So I paid the admission and the stroller. Kids are 5 years apart so no double strollers in my history.
    Most of our visits the stroller was $5.00 a day, DDl6, DS20. I do feel for the parents now. Over a hundred dollars for a week and nearly $200 for a double for a week, ouch.
    Wheelchairs still $l0.00; sadly I bet you'll be seeing parents renting a wheelchair and putting two preschoolers in the wheelchair like the days prior to double strollers at WDW. $l0 vs. $27/$31.
    Meghyn still gets tired at age 5 from the heat and such so we are bringing ours in Sept. again. Plus it is a sanity thing. I actually get to look at stores while she naps...lol

I have seen some of the figuring on other sites and I agree, go buy a cheap reclining hooded stroller and just hand it to someone else that needs one when you leave.

HMMM....good idea with the wheelchair, then I can take a rest at times too. Hey last month I actuallly needed one so they are handy.

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    You get NOTHING back when you return a stroller. As recently as 2005 or early 2006 you would get a crisp Disney Dollar when returning your stroller, but they stopped that, reportedly because people were stealing rental strollers to return them for Disney Dollars.
    And now you're gonna have ppl stealing the rentals so they dont have to pay at all for them. Someone on "evil" board X came up with the idea of having a discounted rate for rentals past a certain time of the day. I just hope the idiots dont get the idea to swipe private owned strollers too cause they cant afford a rental.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    It's appalling the way they keep raising prices - well ahead of inflation. Thankfully, we are well beyond the stroller years.

Those people who are travelling to WDW and use a car service/rental car might be wise to stop at Target or Wal-Mart and buy an umbrella stroller. People do this all the time and leave the strollers in their rooms upon check out. There are always plenty of them for sale at Property Control (where CM's can purchase them).
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    You didnt fold it on the monorail did you? Other then the Bigger boats that is the only transportation that you ARE allowed to keep them open on.
    I should have actually put tram. I had the stroller folded, hooked on my are and ready to load onto the tram with my 2 year old in my other arm. I was in the front of the line at the loading posts and started to step up onto tram when a group of "people" shoved me off of the step and jumped in the seats. I was livid! We all paid to go to the park, we all have to wait in liine but we all don't have to shove someone holding a toddler.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast