Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Epcot Italian Restaurant in the Vacation Planning forums; From out here in L.A., I heard that the new restaurant at Epoct's Italian pavilion has already closed, and that it will reopen under a new name. I'm hoping to ...
    FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh

Question Epcot Italian Restaurant

From out here in L.A., I heard that the new restaurant at Epoct's Italian pavilion has already closed, and that it will reopen under a new name.

I'm hoping to eat there for Mousefest, but do we know if it will be open then? Will it be similar to the one that just closed or a different style? How would I go about handling ADR's for something like this?

Sorry for all the questions.
    Dreams Never Die!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The original restaurant, Alfredos, did close, but a temporary replacement, Tutto Italia, opened the next day. Tutto Italia is supposed to close "this spring" to be refurbished and replaced by a yet-unnamed Italian restaurant "in the Fall".
    Disney Dining generally won't take ADR's when the restaurant is closed until they have a good idea of an opening date. For example, they only just started accepting ADR's this week for The Wave, the new restaurant in the Contemporary, for dining starting June 30th. Same thing happened with Yak & Yeti. Once they open the reservations up, you can call in and add yours to your plans.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Not always. We opened Yak & Yeti in November however they were not taking any reservations until the middle of the first week of January. The first month and half they considered their soft opening so no ADR.

I can't say I was impressed with the second version of the Italian restaurant.
    Not nearly as good and what a price jump. Something tells me it isn't going to be reasonable.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.