Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss In-park soundtracks in the Vacation Planning forums; I'll be down in just over a week and I'm hoping to find an item. I've got the soundtrack to Wishes, and am wanting to purchase the soundtrack to Illuminations. ...
    04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

In-park soundtracks

I'll be down in just over a week and I'm hoping to find an item. I've got the soundtrack to Wishes, and am wanting to purchase the soundtrack to Illuminations. What store is going to be my best bet on finding it? I've been looking around online, and I've found a couple copies on Amazon. I just don't enjoy purchasing from Amazon, I've had problems with them.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    World of Disney in Downtown Disney had it, definitely. They had been in the Main Street Cinema, but I'm not sure if they still have the CD's there now that it is Art of Disney (you might ask there where they were moved to). MouseGear in Epcot pretty sure had them on the wall, too. If I spot them elsewhere (I'll be there and back before you go) I'll update this post.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day
    awesome!! thanks for the info. i'm trying to think of other tracks from the parks i can get while i'm there. any recommendations on other park content cd's to check out?

There is an Animal Kingdom disc with lots of the background music (not the show or attraction music), Finding Nemo: The Musical soundtrack, a disc of Magic Kingdom Event Party Music (MNSSHP and P&PP)... not sure if they have updated the "Official Album" recently, which usually has a lot of attraction music. : CDs are one of my favorite souvenirs, so I always look for new ones.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

McDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    not sure if they have updated the "Official Album" recently, which usually has a lot of attraction music.
    They had updated the album and released it in early April. According to a Cast Member at World of Disney they were the only store that had it, and even there it was on back order for three weeks when I was down last week.
    ~Ryan
    Main Street Gazette

Allison is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lets see I have:
    Wishes
    Illuminations
    Fantasmic
    Spectromagic (I guess I have all the nightime entertainment covered)
    LaNouba
    Festival of the Lion King
    Nemo the Musical
    Magic Kingdom Event Party Music (includes Hallowishes, Boo to Your Parade, Pirates & Princess event music)
    Holiday Wishes (also included the Jingle Jungle Parade at AK)
    Happiest Celebration on Earth 2 disc set

Now I want the new 2 disc set even though there is a lot of overlap with HCOE cd's.

OK, back to report!

They do sell the CDs in the Cinema on Main Street still. They had a pretty complete selection.

There are CDs at the World of Disney Store in DTD, too. They are down low on the shelves with the DVDs in the "Souvenirs" room. I like buying stuff there and using my AP or Disney Visa discounts

The "Official" album was no where to be found, however.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    When we bought our copy of the IllumiNations' soundtrack (and this was probably four or five years ago), we got it at MouseGears. I know I saw it there last time I was in WDW (which was November '06).

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder

Smile

that's where I got my copy of IllumiNations!! @ MouseGear!! though Tapestry of Nations was from a friend's cd!

MySpace.com - wdwdisneylandnut - 25 - Female - Erie, Illinois - www.myspace.com/wdwdancetwirlnut
    Last edited by wdwnut4life; 06-02-2008 at 05:06 PM.

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    If you are looking for a set that has theme park music from yesterday and today, you should try and get A Musical History of Disneyland. This box set came out during the 50th anniversary celebration.

Although it's from Disneyland, many of the songs were/are also played at WDW. This set includes 6 CD's, a 72 page book as well as a reproduction gold vinyl album of Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland: A Musical Tour of the Magic Kingdom.

I don't know if it's still available from Disney directly, but you can occasionally find this set on ebay. It was $124.98 when it first came out.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    They had the illuminations soundtrack on the kiosk by Canada pavilion

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Check out mousebits.com. They not only have the main Illuminations show out there but the preshow music and postshow music as well. My nearly 10GB of Disney Park MP3s are thanks to the members of mousebits.com.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

gigliowanananic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Allison View Post
    Lets see I have:
    Wishes
    Illuminations
    Fantasmic
    Spectromagic (I guess I have all the nightime entertainment covered)
    LaNouba
    Festival of the Lion King
    Nemo the Musical
    Magic Kingdom Event Party Music (includes Hallowishes, Boo to Your Parade, Pirates & Princess event music)
    Holiday Wishes (also included the Jingle Jungle Parade at AK)
    Happiest Celebration on Earth 2 disc set

Now I want the new 2 disc set even though there is a lot of overlap with HCOE cd's.
    Wow! Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to upload those puppies for the rest of us to share! Where did you find the Happiest Celebration set?
    "There is a face beneath this mask but it is not me. I am no more that face than I am the muscles beneath it or the bones beneath them"-
    V

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder
    Happiest Celebration on earth is @ Disneyland & probably online on MouseBits, along w/savefile etc

MySpace.com - wdwdisneylandnut - 25 - Female - Erie, Illinois - www.myspace.com/wdwdancetwirlnut

bug1990 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have Spectromagic, and the Soundtrack to Magic Kingdom Events. I love both, they make me feel so happy!
    bug1990

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast