Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival..is it worth it? in the Vacation Planning forums; This is from my weekly blog and I would like to know your thoughts about this: Every year Epcot presents the Flower & Garden Festival. I have had many people ...
    unc23 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival..is it worth it?

This is from my weekly blog and I would like to know your thoughts about this:

Every year Epcot presents the Flower & Garden Festival. I have had many people ask what is it and is it worth my time to go and see it? What is Epcot’s Flower & Garden Festival? The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, inaugurated in 1994, brings out the real color of Epcot in specially-themed floral displays throughout the park, many including topiary sculptures of Disney characters. Guests can meet gardening experts and learn new ideas they can use in their own home gardens. The 15th annual event is scheduled for March 19 - June 1, 2008.

The next question of “is it worth my time to go see it?” That depends on what type of things you like. If you are not an outdoors person, or you are someone who goes to Walt Disney World strictly for the attractions, then your time is probably better spent elsewhere. But if you do have an appreciation for the outdoors and love plants and beautiful flowers then Epcot’s Flower & Garden Festival is not to be missed. The entire park has a different feel to it during this Festival. Normally Epcot has a futuristic theme, but the Flower & Garden Festival transforms this park into something much more. The topiaries and flower plantings throughout the park will truly make you think that you are in the middle of a nature park, not a theme park – ok outside of the screech of the cars racing by on Test Track. There is also a butterfly garden that you can walk through and view the different stages of a butterfly’s life, as well as see many different types flying around you. Just outside of the butterfly garden is a children’s playground, which will occupy your kids for awhile and allow you to sit down and relax for a bit.

We have been to this festival the past several years and they are constantly changing the topiaries and placements, making it a different experience every year. There are also many interactive exhibits that children can take part in, such as the exhibit where children can decorate a box filled with seeds and take them home to plant. Another neat thing to do is to ride the monorail from the Transportation and Ticket Center to Epcot. The monorail will give you a bird’s eye view of the Festival and allows you for excellent pictures from above of many of the arrangements.
    The #1 Weekly Newsletter for Disney Information. Make sure to sign up to receive our weekly Disney newsletter:

http://wdwnewsletter.com

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    In addition to the beautiful enhancements to the gardens, the F&G Festival also offers a free "blast from the past" when various musical groups from the 60's play free concerts in the American pavilion. I especially enjoy the concerts because I attended few live concerts as a teen. Okay, so many of the groups haven't aged well, and it's usually a shock to find that these are still alive AND still performing, but they sound pretty good and so much of the music from that period influenced music in future decades.
    I'll never forget attending my first Flower Power Concert with my dd and her boss. The Turtles were playing. DD was amazed that mom and "the boss" knew all the words to the songs. Duh!
    Last edited by mini-V; 05-06-2008 at 03:27 PM.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    It is totally worth it. I love to see the new flower and plant stuctures. They are so creative.
    -Zac

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    What is really nice about Flower & Garden is so much of it is FREE with admission to Epcot. Where else do you hear that at Disney? You can enjoy as much or as little of it as you like - from "oooh, look at the pretty flowers" to downright serious lectures on pest control in your vegetable garden to a trip down memory lane concert, everyone can enjoy something during the festival, and not pay a penny extra.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I'm not a huge fan of gardening, but I do love photography, and the Flower and Garden Show offers a lot of beautiful picture-taking opportunities. For that reason, if nothing else (and there's usually "something else", even for non-gardeners), I always head to Epcot if I'm in WDW at the time of the Flower and Garden festival.