Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Plan of action in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi, I'm new to this site and am planning a second trip to WDW with my boyfriend and his parents, so excited!! Just wondered if anyone had any advice on ...
    sammy_jane is offline A-Ticket holder

Plan of action

Hi, I'm new to this site and am planning a second trip to WDW with my boyfriend and his parents, so excited!! Just wondered if anyone had any advice on how to fit it all in! What are your "Plans of action" for each of the parks? How do you avoid the longest queues etc? Look forward to chatting with you all!!
    Samantha

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    Hi Sammy Jane!!
    Make full use of fast pass priviliges in the paks, this saves loads of time on the popular rides.
    If you are staying on site find out when the magic hours are as they are really good!
    Most of all have fun and don't get too bogged down with planning x x

Thanks Taryn, we missed out on Fastpasses the first time, didn't really understand what they were but I'll be sure to use them next time. I'm just so worried that I'll miss something, there's too much to do!
    Samantha

I have been twice recently in the first trip we planned everything , in the second we didn't and we did no less in the second than the first. You'll never do everything in one trip!! Which is a great excuse to go again, and again........

I know, I love it when people post on here the years they've been, I hope I can afford to keep going for years to come (though this second trip may be my last for a while as I am saving my pennies to buy a house :-() so this trip will be extra special. Did you stay in Disneyworld itself? I would love to do that but it's so expensive
    Samantha

We stayed on site both times because I travel with my mum and DS's, it just feels safer

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by sammy_jane View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this site and am planning a second trip to WDW with my boyfriend and his parents, so excited!! Just wondered if anyone had any advice on how to fit it all in! What are your "Plans of action" for each of the parks? How do you avoid the longest queues etc? Look forward to chatting with you all!!
    I am pretty new at all of this. The first year I ran as fast as I could to everything I could find, and drug my family with me! The second year, I was able to slow down a bit and let the kids direct me more. This time, I am reading tips from this board, and I bought the Unofficial Guide to help me figure out the best "path". It has some great info! I highly recommend reading it! Have fun!!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hi Sammy_Jane, I know its more expensive to stay on property but did you consider the value resorts, they are still very nice and it lets you take advantage of extra magic hours at all the parks. Plus you are still in the middle of the magic all the time. My DW & DD won't even consider staying off property. Disney's magical express is another great feature of staying on property and its free so no rental car or shuttle bus needed. Don't sweat about trying to do everything, get the park maps and decide which attractions are a must for you and your family and go from there. As an example when we go to AK we always get fast passes for the safari and then jump right in the standby queue and then ride again with our fast passes. Of course that was before Expedition Everest, lol. We've been 10 times and are about 2 weeks away from our next trip and we still can't do everything, but we have fun trying. No actually, we usually only have 4 or 5 full days in the parks so we make sure that we do our favorites and try to chill and enjoy our time in our favorite place in the world. Have fun!!!
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!
    We go every two years or so (by courtesy of the IRS refund, thankyouverymuch) and the first time we went, we sort of had a plan in place. The second time we went, we made sure to hit the attractions and things we missed the first time (mostly Soarin'). When we go next year, we have a plan in place to make a priority all the attractions and shows we've NEVER done. Expedition Everest, Star Tours, Stitch's Great Escape, etc...
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

Wow, thank you so much for your replies, I love this site! We looked at the value resorts and they still worked out more expensive thank staying off site,which is a real shame because I know how magical it must be. I stayed on site at the Paris resort and that was really cool, I definitely want to do it in Florida when I'm older and richer ha! There are a few rides that I missed the first time I went so I really want to do those, I am very excited, only 61 days to go!
    Last edited by sammy_jane; 05-29-2008 at 04:20 AM.

Will-C 71 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Definately use the fastpass system and the extra magic hours. The extra magic hour at night is the best becuase most families with small children start heading back to their rooms and the parks can really clear out for those insomniacs that can stay up. But just go and have fun if you don't get to everything then you can plan another trip and try to hit everything missed. I been there 8 times and still haven't truely seen everything and can't wait to go back and try.

Use your guide maps to becuase you can really get turned around in some or the areas and if it helps try to get advanced seating to or ADR's for resturants in the park you plan for the day.
    Disney World trips 8
    Disney Cruise 2
    Disneyland 1

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    Fastpass and EMH were a God sent when we were down in May
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

minniesmh is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I would definitely suggest looking at the maps ahead of time and figuring out what rides you most want to do. Once you get through those, then any other ride you go on will be a nice extra. Don't forget to look at what kinds of foods are sold at the different restaurants, then you would know which restaurants to avoid and which ones appeal to you (if you are picky eaters).
    Last thing I would suggest is to take your time and absorb the Disney-ness around you. I especially like to people watch with a box of popcorn or ice cream, you never know what you might miss!!
    Have a great time!!
    minniesmh