Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss I Am Goin 2 Wdw During Spring Break in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey yall, Just wanted to say a few things dat were on my mind.......... Me and Mommie are goin to WDW(MK,E,MGM) for spring break which is the week of 4-4-05 ...
    Goofygurl2004 is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking I Am Goin 2 Wdw During Spring Break

Hey yall,

Just wanted to say a few things dat were on my mind..........
    Me and Mommie are goin to WDW(MK,E,MGM) for spring break which is the week of 4-4-05 in Georgia. I was just curious if u could give me some tips on good rides @ Epcot and MGM sice we've never been there. Last SPring Break we went to MK and Universal...... WE went to MK, but didn't go past the Castle because we left 2 late . So any wayz just respond back, and also me and mommie are goin to stay @ the pop century resort. I think it's better to just go wit mommie because Spring Break 04' was wit my 2 boy cuzins who easily get bored because they were around 3 ladies, and they were out numbered. Anyway u could help and give me suggestions on rides u thought were cool would be appreciated. I'm 15, but patientier than most 15 year olds, so any responses u would like 2 put respond away!!
    Has anyone every been to the WHo wants 2 be a millionarie ride? how is it, alsoo how early to u have 2 be @ a theme park to request a fastpass
    i love Disney yes i do
    I love Disney WOrld
    How about you

Disney World-- Where everything is Magical!

Almost there[br]

<CENTER>Goin to WDW

Goin to WDW[br]</CENTER>

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    OK, here we go:

MK
    -MSUSA: "The Spot" (definently do what I forgot to do!)
    -Adventureland: Jungle Cruise, PotC
    -Frontierland/Louland: Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Tom Sawyer Island, Country Bear Jamboree
    -Liberty Square: Haunted Mansion
    -Fantasyland: Mickey's PhilharMagic, iasw (if it's open, you'll be one of the first to ride the new version), Peter Pan's Flight, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    -Mickey's Toontown Fair: Judge's Tent (It's not a WDW vacation without meeting the Mouse himself!)
    -Tomorrowland: Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, TTA, CoP

Epcot
    -Future World: Spaceship Earth, UoE, Body Wars, Mission: SPACE, Test Track, Innoventions, HISTA, The Land (if it's open)
    -World Showcase: El Rio Del Tiempo, Maelstrom, The American Adventure, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, and be sure to eat your heart out!

Studios
    -Hollywood Blvd: Stars and Motor Cars Parade, Great Movie Ride
    -Sunset Blvd: ToT, RnR, Fantasmic!
    -Mickey Ave: Magic of Disney Animation, Millionaire - Play It!, Backlot Tour
    -Echo Lake Area: Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, Star Tours, HISTK Movie Set Adventure

FP's will go more quickly for some attraction than others. For example, Test Track FP's will go much faster than Mission: SPACE FP's (as weird as it sounds, it's true), and FP's for ToT and RnR will usually be gone by midday.

Just to let you know, I am also 15, so this is all from a fellow teenager's point of view.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

my two cents...

That's so cool! My block out dates for the spring break season end on April 1st, so I might actually be going sometime that week too!

I'll do my best to name off just a few of the highlight attractions, as I love sooooo many of them and picking can be hard. Besides, olmec26 did such an outstanding job of summing it all up for ya. But let's see what I can give you as to my overall opinions of each of the parks.

MK: By far, my favorite park. There is a lot to do for any and all ages, and usually takes at least a day and a half or more to see all the attractions you had planned on seeing. Especially if you're going during the spring break season. Expect crowds in all the parks, so give MK plenty of time in your schedule. Fantasyland has all the kiddy-classics, as I call them. Some of them might be kinda cutesy-corny, but they're almost all must-do's in my opinion. This section is busiest in late morning... get there early or later in the evening if you can. Thunder Mtn and Splash Mtn are highly recommended, but my vote is that if you only have time to ride one of the three mountains, Space Mtn is the best thrill. Pirates and the Haunted Mansion are ABSOLUTELY must-see attractions. Lines can spring up, but there is no excuse for not seeing the Mansion. The line moves along pretty quickly, so the wait shouldn't be too bad. Tomorrowland has probably the most stuff you'll be interested in as a teenager. That's my favorite of the 7 lands right now, and has been for a good several years (I'm 20 right now, but most of my closest friends are still in high school, so I still consider myself one of them<--- young at heart!) And of course, as my name inplies... if you loooooove gorgeous pictures, plan on spending more time on MainStreet USA than simply using it as a pathway to Cindy's castle. There is soooo much cool stuff to see and do there. Be sure to take extra film/memory for your camera. No matter how many times I go to MK, I ALWAYS stop to take a few pics on MainStreet.

EPCOT: In my opinion the most educational of the parks. If you're into thrill rides and stuff, there probably wont be a whole lot to impress you (although Mission:Space is really stinkin' awesome!). The world showcase is a more relaxed stroll through many a nation. It's pretty neat if you like to take it slow and enjoy some unique cultural experiences. I love it now, but I remember when I was much younger (probably 10 or 12 or something) I grew impatient touring the world because of the lack of "exciting" rides. But that's your call... Either way, leave a good full day for this one, especially if you are into the world showcase. then you might want to schedule 2.

MGM: Great fun... but a very small park. If you have a good plan in advance of everything you want to get done, you can easily do it all in a day. Lines for some of the big attractions like Tower of Terror and Rock n' Rollercoaster (both uber-cool rides and worth the wait) can get pretty tedious if you don't make good use of the Fast Pass system, and a lot of the attractions there are show-style and are set on time schedules, so be sure to plan your day there and don't just try to wing it as you go, or you'll spend a lot of time waiting for stuff to start. As one little sidenote on MGM, if you intend to see the Beauty and the Beast show, I recommend you get there at least 15 mins before it starts. I don't know if they'll be there again, but when I went just last month with my girlfriend, a really funny 4-part acapella group called "Four for a Dollar" performed as a suprise pre-show. It was great fun. Check it out if you've got the chance.

And then there's AK: I know you didn't list it as one of your target parks, and I'd have to agree with you that if you're going to have to miss one, this one should be it. It's big, and has some great potential, but still hasn't quite proven itself worthy of the Disney name in my eyes. i was in the park on its opening day (my claim to fame ) actually, as well as a couple times since. There are a few attractions that I absoltutely love (Kilamanjaro Safaris are an entirely unique type of attraction that you wont see anywhere else, so deffinately check that out. Kali River Rapids is not bad, but I've seen much better river rides elsewhere. And It's Tough To Be A Bug, although highly amusing, actually hurt me when I saw it the first time. I haven't been back to that show since (be forewarned... if you see if, make sure you are not sitting on a joint between two of the benches, or else some of the special effects may not have the exact impact on you as they were intended. It might be a slightly more jarring impact than you would think! ).

So that's my summary of the WDW parks.

Hope this might be of some assistance to you on your trip! Keep your countdown going and have a sweet spring break!

(BTW... love your name! It's cute. Big Goof-meister myself, A-Hyuck! )
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the board! Not much more to add to what has already been written. Just have a great time with your mom and do as many things as you can while you are there, but remember you can always come back again and again.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Goofygurl2004 is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanx for the responses

Jimmy, Mainstreet, and Olmec thanx for the responses....... they were greatly appreciated....... as u can see in my signature im goin in bout 3 weeks and im so excited... i think ive watched that vacation plannin video from 04' a thousand times..... ANy way if anyone knows bout Pop Century u can still respond

i love Disney yes i do
    I love Disney WOrld
    How about you

Disney World-- Where everything is Magical!

Almost there[br]

<CENTER>Goin to WDW

Goin to WDW[br]</CENTER>

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Pop Century is the newest Value Resort. That's all I know, I haven't stayed there...maybe this summer, though!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.