Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Just got back!! in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay, so, I just got back from Disney World on Wednesday and this is what I have to say and what I did... Lets start with the MK: My mom, ...
    WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Just got back!!

Okay, so, I just got back from Disney World on Wednesday and this is what I have to say and what I did... Lets start with the MK: My mom, grandma, aunt, and I went and we spent alot of our time in Tomorrowland actually. Meh nothin really special there. I definitely liked ExtraTERRORestrial MUCH better than Stitch's Great Escape. Just my opinion. Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor was pretty stinkin funny if ya ask me. (Two of my text-in jokes were used!). Toontown Fair was basically same ol same ol so I'm not gonna dwell on it. Fantasyland: Mickey's Philharmagic was my FAVORITE thing there. I'm a musician and so I just loved that the put the great song selections that they did. The first night there we watched Wishes from Fantasyland. You have fireworks surrounding you, it was pretty cool. Adventureland we didn't even touch. We just never got around to it. On Tom Sawyer Island, the boys have "outgrown" putting the paintbrushes out and they don't do it anymore. The ring outside Haunted Mansion is gone too . They said it didn't go with the original story plot so they took it out or covered it or something. I asked. Animal Kingdom: Expedetion Everest was pretty cool. The yeti isn't as big as I thought it was and it wasn't as close to the track as I thought also. But going backward was awesome! Kali River Rapids and Kilimanjaro Safaris are some of the other things we did there as well. MGM Studios: Lights Motors Action! was my second favorite thing there. I love the smell of burnin rubber in the mornin haha. Great Movie Ride, Indiana Jones, Hollywood ToT, MuppetVision, Backlot Tour, and Rock'n Roller Coaster also. Fantasmic wasn't as good as the one in Disneyland. On the fans of water in Disneyland they use lasers and it just looks better and Steamboat Willie actually uses a real steamboat in DL for the finale. Epcot: Misson Space really disappointed me. Its amazing that they did what they did with the Gs and stuff but it was WAY too short. I found my new favorite character in Epcot too. Figment. Last time I was there I was 7 so I don't really remember alot of what we did but Figment is my favorite character now. Spaceship Earth has a cool new feature and you get to build your future as you're on your way back down on touch screen computers in front of you. Its pretty entertaining and a nice new feature. Test Track, World Showcase, Living with the Land, and IllumiNations were some of the other things as well. We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and I've got top say the transportation was pretty crappy to say the least. We waited upwards of 30-45 minutes for a bus almost every time from park to hotel and about 20 minutes from hotel to parks. Any other questions you have from my trip go ahead and ask me. This is just a brief version
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

jaymie is offline You can fly!
    Was the transportation crappy because there were a lot of people or because the buses didn't show up as often?
    - Jaymie

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!

Because of the buses... There weren't all that many people there to my surprise. The buses were only about half full most of the time. The other times the buses had just enough seats for people so its not like they were chock full of guests
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    I was down there the same day and it was busy. I'm sure it had something to do with the crowd.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

My family and I got to the bus stations and we were almost always first in line. If not first we were like second... Even if we did just miss a bus, it shouldn't take half an hour to get the bus. Every time a bus would come to a park, not many people would get off, when the bus arrived at the resort, about half a bus load would come out and thats it.
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We just returned from WDW Saturday and I have to agree that the bus service did leave alot to be desired this time. I think part of it was the time of year, its just that much busier in the summer and the resorts are pretty full. We stayed at PORFQ and didn't have any trouble getting to the parks, but getting back to the resort was a different story especially from EPCOT and DHS where the buses are shared with Riverside. Some long waits and packed buses.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

I heartpeterpan is offline "Just Keep Swimming"
    Glad you had a great trip ! Sounds like lots of fun!
    Disney Family Vacation 2006 -POP Century

Disney Honeymoon 2007- Dolphin

Disney Graduation/Anniversary Celebration 2010 Caribbean Beach

Quote Originally Posted by I heartpeterpan View Post
    Glad you had a great trip ! Sounds like lots of fun!
    Thanks. A couple things I forgot to mention. I'm SO glad they got rid of the big Epcot sign off of spaceship earth and also... I got picked as one of the Year of a Million Dreams Giveaway! I got free fastpasses all day to the magic kingdom after I got back from TSI after looking for the dang paintbrushes.
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I got back a couple of weeks ago and the bus service is really horrible compaired to my other visits. It's because they're cutting back on the number of busses running because of the price of gas . We stayed at the Boardwalk and they made it so that all of the Epcot resorts (5 or them) had to share a bus most of the time. We were never just taken to the Boardwalk. During the longest ride, we went from Animal Kingdom to Blizzard Beach to the Swan, the Dolphin, the Yacht Club, Beach Club, and FINALLY to the Boardwalk...
    ~Ashleigh

Its unfortunate to think that the price of fuel is stopping the busses. Actually compared to Idaho, they have it good. They're gas is $3.89... Ours is $4.10. Anyway, i think they should look into some alternative fuel. Like the used vegetable oil or something...
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Its funny you mentioned the used oil. I went on the magic behind our steam trains tour on June 17th and the tour guide said they burn the used oil in the trains when they get it, but its not enough to even power the 4 steam trains let alone the buses. Good idea, though.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

Yeah but it doesnt help that the trains get 792 feet per gallon... I guess thats why the use the oil on the trains ha ha
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

batulo is offline A-Ticket holder

Lightbulb Dino ride!

hello!

Just a silly thought! would it be funny as soon as the car enters, the first dino the stecasaurus, has a hat on sideways with a cigar in its mouth greeting people...

For the ending. as the last dino lunges, he spits on people like the stitch show...

I know this sounds very silly! could not resist...

what are ya talkin about?
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The buses run on diesel fuel which is almost $5 per gallon now. I'm sure Disney catches a break on fuel costs because they purchase so much and they probably get a fuel tax break fron the state because they create so much tourism. All that being said, it's still no excuse for bad transportation. Going to WDW is not cheap and we expect nothing but the best in service as that is what WDW prides itself on.

I would guess crowds were heavy as it is summer although my thoughts are that the crowds are slightly off because of the slumping economy.

I am jealous of you. I still have quite a wait for my next trip. Looking at January again.

Happy Independence Day everybody!!!!
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast