Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss disney tickets in the Vacation Planning forums; hello, my other half and i are off to disney in january 09 all booked and ready to go only one thing is tickets . ive been looking on websites ...
    princess7688 is offline A-Ticket holder

disney tickets

hello,
    my other half and i are off to disney in january 09 all booked and ready to go only one thing is tickets . ive been looking on websites and the prices seem t be more costly for 2009 ranging from 15 - 25 pounds extra. what shall i do wait near the time to book hoping prices should have drop or wait to buy them out there. we are looking to buy the 14 ultimate ticket which is about 175 - 195 pounds which is only meant to be only able to be purchase in the uk .
    any thoughts and ideas would be greatlly appricated
    sam
    xxxx

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We can't get that ticket in the states, but I just checked undercover tourist through mousesaavers.com and that ticket is $341.95 including tax and they do ship for free to the UK. That's like 170 pounds at $2 a pound, right? Oh, by the way what does that 14 day ultimate ticket get you guys at WDW? All four parks? and park hopping? how about the water parks or pleasure island? Just curious. I guess its a good incentive to get the folks from the UK to come over to WDW. Have fun.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

I just paid $260.95 each for 7 day park hoppers, so that sounds like a good deal to me. Unless you are staying longer the annual pass doesn't make sense at that price. Take care, Dave.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

princess7688 is offline A-Ticket holder

tickets

Quote Originally Posted by disneycrazy1956 View Post
    I just paid $260.95 each for 7 day park hoppers, so that sounds like a good deal to me. Unless you are staying longer the annual pass doesn't make sense at that price. Take care, Dave.
    ultimate tickets gets me

magic kingdom, animal kingdom, epcot, hollywood studios, blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon, down town disney and pleasure island, wide world sports complex, disney quest indoor interactive theme park

no park hopping though i don't think
    ive manage to find it for 179 pounds for 14days
    is that all disney parks ive listed?????

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    sounds like a good deal to me too.

I seriously doubt ticket prices will decline, even if tourism drops. I don't think the tickets went down even in 2001...just hotel prices. Plus, January is usually when prices on tickets go up if I'm not mistaken so I think that's the more likely scenario.
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I agree with Pliuto, I doubt ticket prices will go down.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Yes, that's all the disney parks in WDW plus pleasure Island and Disney Quest. Thanks for responding. The ticket prices only go up and its been since sometime in 2007 since they raised the rates. Dave.

SuzyQ is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Not sure how you are booked (if you are staying on WDW property or offsite). If on, sometimes Disney offers promotions for discounted pacakges (w/tickets) or free upgraded tickets in January. So, you may just end up seeing a special that may make it worth your while to hold off on the purchase if you think that may be something viable for you.

Otherwise, I have used UnderCoverTourist for tickets without any difficulties as well.
    Suzy
    suzy@mousefantravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel