Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Halloween party in the Vacation Planning forums; Fixin' to book my 15th trip for October 2009 as soon as the new pricing is out. Wanting to try something new, the Halloween party. I read all of the ...
    genscrap is offline A-Ticket holder

Halloween party

Fixin' to book my 15th trip for October 2009 as soon as the new pricing is out. Wanting to try something new, the Halloween party. I read all of the posts I can find which are a year or more old and wanted to get newer information from those who went last year. The link to all the good information in this forum isn't working for me. A few questions: Is the price about the same as the Merry Christmas Party? Are the fireworks any different? Is the party just scheduled on the weekends? Halloween will fall on a Saturday next year. Will the party be more crowded on the 31st? Are the crowds lighter than the Christmas party? I understand there are more characters. True? Is the parade more specific to Halloween? Are there any amenities to dressing up in costume? Taking grandkids. Is the party too intense for 3 and 4 year olds? Any other info is much appreciated. Thanks!!!

Debra

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hi Genscrap,

I will try to help answer some of your questions about MNSSHP. The dates for next years party are obviously not out yet but this year there are quite a few Friday parties and I believe there are parties the two Sunday's before halloween, so you can use that as a guage for whether there will be weekend parties next year.
    As far as crowds the closer you get to Halloween the more crowded the parties tend to be, especially the ones that fall toward the end of the week or over the weekend. Halloween will surely be more crowded and in fact may sell out.
    As far as the fireworks, they are completely unique and excellent. I even like them more than the MVMCP ones, but that is just my opinion.

The price for the party is essentially the same as MVMCP.

Hope that helps

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    My DD was 4 the first time we attended this party. She loved it. She was dressed up as a bumble bee (easy to pack/fly with) and pretended to sting some of the cast members and they played along. One of the Pirates in fun tried to steal her candy as pirates steal....4 year old didn't get it and was upset, Pirate fixed it by giving her a whole big, blessed bag of candy!
    Felt worse for the Pirate than my 4 year old.