Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by disneyplanningd Wouldn't being an Imagineer just be the coolest job!!! yesh, it would, personally i think that the tiki room could go either way. it would be ...
    kngdmhrts3 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyplanningd View Post
    Wouldn't being an Imagineer just be the coolest job!!!
    yesh, it would,

personally i think that the tiki room could go either way. it would be nice to see the original, but then again something new would be awesome. and the stitch AA in TDL is amazing, i NEED it.

as for the Wall*E makeover to SGE its okay, a good idea would fit really well but lets see how the movies does in the DVD market before that, i think its a great idea really cool some good things can be done with it

but an entirely new attraction would be cool too
    Hakuna Matata

"They say Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, but they have never been in your arms"

Miss Neverland is offline A-Ticket holder
    Not seen Wall-E yet. I agree with Kngdmhrts3 about seeing how the film does on dvd before putting introducing a themed ride but I don't see a better place than Tomorrow land. I just think that land was created for characters like Wall-E so if a ride should appear anywhere themed on Wall-E it should be there. I do like the other members ride idea but I wondered if the ride would be too similar to philarmagic-note I haven't been to Disney World in about 10 years-returning next year so I don't know what that is like but I'm under the impression that it was a ride with the moving seats. I think the themepark would benefit from an original ride-new technology just to add something more to the park. However if a Wall-E ride replaced a Stitch ride I would definitely like to see Stitch appear elsewhere rather than put him on the backbench

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

I like the idea of the Wall-E thing.I hate Stitch!(Go ahead and bash me,I don't care,I've said this before).I don't like Stitch and never will.So,no to adding it to the TikiRoom Bird show,I say no.
    I also don't like the way that rides are being themed from movies either.That is not what Tomorrowland is supposed to be.
    But here's a good idea:create a new "land" in MK.Call it,as has already been said,"Pixarland".Then theme rides and attractions around the movies that are already out.Just think,a futuristic city like Meet the Robinsons would be so cool!Monsters Inc,too.Not to mention the Incredibles.Think about it.A whole land themed from the Pixar movies,instead of incorporating them into now-existing rides and attractions.
    How cool would it be,to be in a flying saucer type ride from Meet the Robinsons?
    Park Hopper Dad!

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Pixarland in the MK? No Thanks!! We have Pixar Studios in DHS, let's expand on that.

I would rather have the stitch version than our current under new management version, but the original would be the best, and if we can't have the original, how bout a new show with no characters?
    Last edited by Disney2000; 05-24-2009 at 10:05 PM.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I kinda like the Pixarland concept if it keeps Tomorrowland and other places untainted.

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    I kinda like the Pixarland concept if it keeps Tomorrowland and other places untainted.
    Exacly,Elvistelth.
    That's what I mean.Leave Tomorrowland as it was supposed to be,and add a new land and call it Pixarland with a futuristic theme.The rides and experience-type attractions would be so cool.Like I said,Meet the Robinsons themed ride would be so cool.Just add a new land,but keep the original lands the same,since that is the way Uncle Walt designed them.
    Park Hopper Dad!

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

i could deal with wall-e

it sounds better than the stitich thing they got
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

It's quite obvious that many of us do not like the Stitch character,even though many do.I have voiced my opinion here and in other threads as well.I've been bashed for my opinions,but everyone is entitled to their opinion as well as myself.But to put the Stitch character in the Tiki Bird show,is absolutely ludicrous!It sometimes appears to me,that all of these "so-called" imagineers of today,are attempting to slowly work out anything and everything that Walt designed and the values he stood for.If we that still care about what "Uncle Walt" did,don't oragnize and say something;before you know it,all of their little subtle ways will be dominant,and then it may be too late.
    So bash me if you must;as I said,I really don't care,because I am a Disney fan like everybody else.I'm just not a scared baby chicken when it comes to posting my opinions about the negitivity of Disney.I live in the REAL world,not a 24/7 of fantasy.
    Park Hopper Dad!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

PHD, I hope no one bashes you for your opinions. I like Stitch but you are right he has no business in the Tiki Room. I like Stitch's Great Escape but I never rode Alien Adventure.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    PHD, I hope no one bashes you for your opinions. I like Stitch but you are right he has no business in the Tiki Room. I like Stitch's Great Escape but I never rode Alien Adventure.
    Thanks Ohiodisneydad.I've gotten bashed before,but I'm a big boy,I can take it.Seriously,I'm a good guy,I don't ever try to hurt anyone or offend.But when something I read gets me a little fired up,I always elaborate on it.Not that I am trying to stir up anything,it's just that I will comment on the negitive side of Disney,because I grew up with Disney from the 60's and onward,and I know what values Walt stood for and the whole disney company.it's just the times and generation we are living in these days.But a lot of people just don't understand that.
    As for the Alien Encounter,it was ok,but in my opinion,it really never fit in with tomorrowland either.It was however,more scary than the stitch attraction.
    Park Hopper Dad!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I wish instead of just recycling the space where stitch's ride is located, the imagineers would actually use their much-lauded imaginations and put in something that's futuristic and interesting. I think in many cases Disney has been living off its past reputation. IMO Stitch was a cheap way to fill a building without having to invest much.
    I want something themed where the future will be a fun adventure. Something hopeful. Not a depressing space-prison where things go wrong.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    Thanks Ohiodisneydad.I've gotten bashed before,but I'm a big boy,I can take it.Seriously,I'm a good guy,I don't ever try to hurt anyone or offend.But when something I read gets me a little fired up,I always elaborate on it.Not that I am trying to stir up anything,it's just that I will comment on the negitive side of Disney,because I grew up with Disney from the 60's and onward,and I know what values Walt stood for and the whole disney company.it's just the times and generation we are living in these days.But a lot of people just don't understand that.
    As for the Alien Encounter,it was ok,but in my opinion,it really never fit in with tomorrowland either.It was however,more scary than the stitch attraction.
    Hey us Dad's gotta stick together! We're like a gang or something! I agree that this batch of Disney Execs have forgotten Walt's values and visions.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Hey us Dad's gotta stick together! We're like a gang or something! I agree that this batch of Disney Execs have forgotten Walt's values and visions.
    How true,how true.Yeah,thanks for understanding my rights to voice my opinions.Like you said,you like stitch,and I don't.But I'm not gonna argue with you and beat you up on these boards,just because you and I don't like the same things.That's not what these threads are for.However,when some bashes me,which some have,I will come back with something less favorable,because we are all entitled to our opinions.But don't direct them at each other,or the bashing comes forth.Matter of fact,there's one particular poster in here,that bashes others and I bash back.
    Park Hopper Dad!

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder

I agree that this batch of Disney Execs have forgotten Walt's values and visions.
    No, they have not!!!

Enough with such false accusations already!!!

And let Stitch keep his attraction in the still-futuristic Tomorrowland and let Iago and Zazu stay in the Tiki Room!!! They're both actually very popular with most WDW guests anyway, despite what some certain cynical change-haters may think!

And enough with the Pixar-bashing and toon-bashing as well! They're here to stay, so you're just going to have to get used to it!
    "Boy, I'm tired. I think I'll head over to The Hall of Presidents and take a nap."

Nemoxoxo is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    No, they have not!!!

Enough with such false accusations already!!!

And let Stitch keep his attraction in the still-futuristic Tomorrowland and let Iago and Zazu stay in the Tiki Room!!! They're both actually very popular with most WDW guests anyway, despite what some certain cynical change-haters may think!

And enough with the Pixar-bashing and toon-bashing as well! They're here to stay, so you're just going to have to get used to it!

no ones insulting the rides. so frickin calm down. the ppl on here are merely suggesting what could be done with the current rides and giving their own opinions. if you cant deal with that then stop replying on forums. you obviously are not an open minded person. i personaly agree with the walle idea, because it's an amazing idea and also because i love the walle movie. but i ALSO love stitch. they just could have done a better job with the ride. and i also agree on the stitch at the tiki birds show. i loved the original tiki birds but the newer one just isnt the same.

trips:
    1995-june;polynesian 5 days
    '96-june;dixie landing 4 days
    '97-june;dixie landing 4 days
    '98-june;wilderness lodge 7 days
    '99-june;dixie landing 5 days
    '00-june;wilderness 8 days
    '01-june;wilderness 8 days-/christmas; polynesian 7 days
    '02-june; polynesian 6 days-/november; polynesian 4 days,
    '03-june;Yahct Club 9 days
    '04-june;Beach Club 9 days
    '05-june;Yacht Club 9 days
    '06-june;Yacht Club 9 days
    '07-june;off site 2 days
    '08-june;wilderness campground 9 days
    '09-june;wilderness campground 9days
    '10-january;off site 4 days--(for 5k Race)
    '11-Sept 8-13 w/ boyfriend

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast