Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 100
WDW Theme Parks Discuss An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by KINGCRAB No, they have not!!! They're here to stay, so you're just going to have to get used to it! Wait until they change the things you ...
  1. #31
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Liquordale
    Posts
    1,178

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    No, they have not!!!
    They're here to stay, so you're just going to have to get used to it!
    Wait until they change the things you like. I'll wager you won't be such an imagineer fan-boy then.

  2. #32
    minutoman's Avatar
    minutoman is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    7

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    I just don't get the hate for Stitch's Great Escape. Alien Encounter was good, yes....but I like SGE so much more.

  3. #33
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Liquordale
    Posts
    1,178

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    In my case I hate it because it's just a lame rehash of AE. It's a lazy way to "replace" a ride; by just swapping out a few features. Also, stitch is annoying to me.

  4. #34
    Park Hopper Dad's Avatar
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    good ole southern boy.....
    Posts
    745

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    No, they have not!!!

    Enough with such false accusations already!!!

    And let Stitch keep his attraction in the still-futuristic Tomorrowland and let Iago and Zazu stay in the Tiki Room!!! They're both actually very popular with most WDW guests anyway, despite what some certain cynical change-haters may think!

    And enough with the Pixar-bashing and toon-bashing as well! They're here to stay, so you're just going to have to get used to it!
    It appears we may have "steamed Crab" on the menu today.Please pass the butter sauce and cocktail sauce.Yummy!
    Park Hopper Dad!

  5. #35
    KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,343

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Quote Originally Posted by minutoman View Post
    I just don't get the hate for Stitch's Great Escape.
    Neither do I.

    And I don't get the hate for the Tiki Room--Under New Management either.
    "Boy, I'm tired. I think I'll head over to The Hall of Presidents and take a nap."

  6. #36
    Park Hopper Dad's Avatar
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    good ole southern boy.....
    Posts
    745

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Wait until they change the things you like. I'll wager you won't be such an imagineer fan-boy then.
    When babies get ill,they whine,cry and sometimes pitch a fit..When crabs get ill,they whine,cry,and get turned into "crabby -patties!"()
    Last edited by Park Hopper Dad; 06-14-2009 at 04:52 PM.
    Park Hopper Dad!

  7. #37
    lollerstace's Avatar
    lollerstace is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    in the big blue world!
    Posts
    46

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    I wish instead of just recycling the space where stitch's ride is located, the imagineers would actually use their much-lauded imaginations and put in something that's futuristic and interesting. I think in many cases Disney has been living off its past reputation. IMO Stitch was a cheap way to fill a building without having to invest much.
    I want something themed where the future will be a fun adventure. Something hopeful. Not a depressing space-prison where things go wrong.
    this is a good point. reading this thread, i really liked the idea suggested with wall-e going in place, it would fit well with everything already in there, except after you raised this point i realized there's better options than just plugging a new character in. instead of thinking of what else can be popped in there, they should just gut that attraction space and think of something entirely new to fill that spot.

    and as far as the whole pixar tomorrowland thing, wall-e and buzz both fit there. i love the laugh floor, but i guess when i think about it, it doesn't really fit in tomorrowland, so i guess i understand why everyone is upset about tomorrowland being pixar themed, but wall-e would be perfect there.

    i also like the tiki room having iago and zazu, but i'm not goin to be naive about this. both tiki room AND SGE aren't popular. i've been around the parks, and i've seen these rides stay mostly walk on, except for those truly insane weeks when everything has a line (thanksgiving, the last couple weeks of december, etc.) but i'm not sure what exactly needs to be changed. maybe not everything has to have the hour plus long wait. sometimes its nice to be able to just walk onto an attraction and take a break.
    a dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep.

  8. #38
    Park Hopper Dad's Avatar
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    good ole southern boy.....
    Posts
    745

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Quote Originally Posted by lollerstace View Post
    this is a good point. reading this thread, i really liked the idea suggested with wall-e going in place, it would fit well with everything already in there, except after you raised this point i realized there's better options than just plugging a new character in. instead of thinking of what else can be popped in there, they should just gut that attraction space and think of something entirely new to fill that spot.

    and as far as the whole pixar tomorrowland thing, wall-e and buzz both fit there. i love the laugh floor, but i guess when i think about it, it doesn't really fit in tomorrowland, so i guess i understand why everyone is upset about tomorrowland being pixar themed, but wall-e would be perfect there.

    i also like the tiki room having iago and zazu, but i'm not goin to be naive about this. both tiki room AND SGE aren't popular. i've been around the parks, and i've seen these rides stay mostly walk on, except for those truly insane weeks when everything has a line (thanksgiving, the last couple weeks of december, etc.) but i'm not sure what exactly needs to be changed. maybe not everything has to have the hour plus long wait. sometimes its nice to be able to just walk onto an attraction and take a break.
    I like your point that you made here.But to re-iterate,I was saying that there should be a completely new "land" added to MK.Call it Pixarland or something uniquely different.Not to combine it with tomorrowland,but be distinctly separate.So if anyone,has read any of this before,those in favor of a pixarland,we are not talking a combo package here.We are talking completely separate.
    As far as I am concerned,they could take out toontown,gut it,and turn that area into the pixarland attractions and rides.Didn't yall read where I mentioned about a Meet the Robinsons space ship type ride? That would be cool.Let's get some comments on it.
    Park Hopper Dad!

  9. #39
    Tim's Avatar
    Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    227

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    I just don't like the idea of Stitch in The Tiki Room. Doesn't seem to make sense. I know he ends up in Hawaii but it just doesn't seem to work.

  10. #40
    ohiodisneydad's Avatar
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Middletown, OH
    Posts
    1,428

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    I like your point that you made here.But to re-iterate,I was saying that there should be a completely new "land" added to MK.Call it Pixarland or something uniquely different.Not to combine it with tomorrowland,but be distinctly separate.So if anyone,has read any of this before,those in favor of a pixarland,we are not talking a combo package here.We are talking completely separate.
    As far as I am concerned,they could take out toontown,gut it,and turn that area into the pixarland attractions and rides.Didn't yall read where I mentioned about a Meet the Robinsons space ship type ride? That would be cool.Let's get some comments on it.
    I think that maybe it's time to move most Pixar themed rides to DHS. I know the mindset is to keep some of Disney's most popular attractions at it's most popular park (MK) but there's just some attractions that don't fit. We like laugh floor but I'm not sure it fits in Tomorrowland. I'm not sure it fits in Fantasyland or Adventureland either. I think it would be a perfect replacement for Sounds Dangerous.

    Stitch needs to be in the parks. He's popular with kids and let's face it he brings in money!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort





  11. #41
    Park Hopper Dad's Avatar
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    good ole southern boy.....
    Posts
    745

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I think that maybe it's time to move most Pixar themed rides to DHS. I know the mindset is to keep some of Disney's most popular attractions at it's most popular park (MK) but there's just some attractions that don't fit. We like laugh floor but I'm not sure it fits in Tomorrowland. I'm not sure it fits in Fantasyland or Adventureland either. I think it would be a perfect replacement for Sounds Dangerous.

    Stitch needs to be in the parks. He's popular with kids and let's face it he brings in money!
    Not a bad idea.Even though I mentioned about gutting toontown and putting pixarland there,putting a big section in DHS is a good thought too.That also means that I DO agree that MK should actually stay as close to its' original design as it can;for"Uncle Walt",ya know.
    Park Hopper Dad!

  12. #42
    NicW's Avatar
    NicW is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    40

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    At the risk of being pounced by a crustacean, I will say I'm not a fan of Stitch's Great Escape nor the new Tiki room (lot of hold memories of that place.)
    However, I'd also prefer if tomorrow land could get an attraction that didn't have a pre-existing film property. Something completely new and forward thinking.

    That being said; I LOVE WALL-E to death. My fiance and I have collected everything with his adorable little face on it, and she has even made us a cute little wall-e quilt. If some wonderful imagineer could get wall-e into MGM we would be beyond ECSTATIC!

  13. #43
    MJMcb's Avatar
    MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    613

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    Neither do I.

    And I don't get the hate for the Tiki Room--Under New Management either.
    A lot of people don't like change especially when it involves an attraction Walt designed like the Tiki Birds.

    As for Stitch, I personally think the attraction is mediocre at best, but I am not a big Stitch guy to be honest.
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

  14. #44
    DHI's Avatar
    DHI
    DHI is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Too far from the world
    Posts
    172

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    that is an awesome idea
    Wishin' I was in the World


    What will you CELEBRATE!

  15. #45
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Liquordale
    Posts
    1,178

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    And I don't get the hate for the Tiki Room--Under New Management either.
    Two words which explain the hate. Gilbert Gottfried.

    Wikipedia says it best when describing GG: "...whose most salient feature is a distinctively loud, rasping, grating voice..."

    Perhaps you enjoy the vocal stylings of this "performer" but many do not.
    Disney transformed what was a magical, relaxing show into an auditory torture session.

    Here's the wikipedia entry in case you don't believe me.

    Gilbert Gottfried - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •