Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 100
WDW Theme Parks Discuss An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by elvistelth Two words which explain the hate. Gilbert Gottfried. Can't agree more...
  1. #46
    ohiodisneydad's Avatar
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Middletown, OH
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Two words which explain the hate. Gilbert Gottfried.
    Can't agree more
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort





  2. #47
    Park Hopper Dad's Avatar
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    good ole southern boy.....
    Posts
    748

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Two words which explain the hate. Gilbert Gottfried.

    Wikipedia says it best when describing GG: "...whose most salient feature is a distinctively loud, rasping, grating voice..."

    Perhaps you enjoy the vocal stylings of this "performer" but many do not.
    Disney transformed what was a magical, relaxing show into an auditory torture session.

    Here's the wikipedia entry in case you don't believe me.

    Gilbert Gottfried - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    That's a BIG 10-4! Good buddy!
    I wanted to post something very similar to what you said,but I could not think of Gilbert Gottfried's name at the time.
    I can't stand the way he talks,but is that his for real voice,or is it a fake "character" voice he uses in public?
    Park Hopper Dad!

  3. #48
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Liquordale
    Posts
    1,178

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    I can't stand the way he talks,but is that his for real voice,or is it a fake "character" voice he uses in public?
    If that horrible voice is just a schtick then he's pretty much a one-trick pony


    2.schtick - (Yiddish) a contrived and often used bit of business that a performer uses to steal attention; "play it straight with no shtik"

  4. #49
    NicW's Avatar
    NicW is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    40

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    It's actually a fake voice. I've seen him use his natural voice off set once. It was gentle and kind.

    Strange.

  5. #50
    ohiodisneydad's Avatar
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Middletown, OH
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Not so strange. Paulie Shore and Bob Goldthwait come to mind as two guys who used an annoying voice/personality that made it big for a while.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort





  6. #51
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Liquordale
    Posts
    1,178

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Two more one-trick ponies.

  7. #52
    NicW's Avatar
    NicW is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    40

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Not so strange. Paulie Shore and Bob Goldthwait come to mind as two guys who used an annoying voice/personality that made it big for a while.
    Oh, hahaha, I was referring to hearing his natural voice being a 'strange' experience. I didn't expect to hear that.

  8. #53
    Park Hopper Dad's Avatar
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    good ole southern boy.....
    Posts
    748

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    That's interesting.I have never heard Gilbert's real voice.But I have heard Bobcat's real voice.Not knowing anything about Paulie Shore,I don't know anything about his voice,real or fake.
    Park Hopper Dad!

  9. #54
    KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,343

    Angry Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Two words which explain the hate. Gilbert Gottfried.

    Wikipedia says it best when describing GG: "...whose most salient feature is a distinctively loud, rasping, grating voice..."

    Perhaps you enjoy the vocal stylings of this "performer" but many do not.
    Disney transformed what was a magical, relaxing show into an auditory torture session.

    Here's the wikipedia entry in case you don't believe me.

    Gilbert Gottfried - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Excuse me, Mr. Negative, but G.G. is a "comedy actor"...and all comedy actors have unique "shticks" (Gilbert has that grating voice, the late Andy Kaufman had his habit of "thumbing his nose at the audience", Don Rickles always calls people "hockey pucks", the often-censored Stepin Fetchit had his characterization of "The World's Laziest Man", etc.).

    Your hatred towards him is very discriminatory in many respects as well. If you're going to be so discriminatory against him, you might as well go and discriminate against all the actors that I mentioned, which would only lead to further dentriment to yourself.

    Most (and I mean MOST) people enjoy Gottfried and he should be enjoyed for what he is, realizing that his grating voice is nothing more than mere comedy shtick that is not meant to be taken seriously. It should also not be forgotten it's only a "fake" voice as well--his off-stage voice is nothing like that.

    Also get it through your thick skull that attendance was INCREDIBLY POOR at WDW's Tiki Room, which prompted the change. Most of WDW's enjoy the current show (which is still magical and relaxing) and you should too!

    Lighten up and grow a sense of humor! After all, to quote Roger Rabbit, "If you don't have a good sense of humor, you're better off dead".
    "Boy, I'm tired. I think I'll head over to The Hall of Presidents and take a nap."

  10. #55
    WDW4Ever's Avatar
    WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon
    Posts
    1,372

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Agreed. I like the original version in Disneyland better, but I also like Disneyland more anyway. Gilbert Gottfried is pretty funny if you ask me because his voice makes him funny. You must not like the Aladdin movie then either.

    Well said KingCrab
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

  11. #56
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Liquordale
    Posts
    1,178

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    Most (and I mean MOST) people enjoy Gottfried and he should be enjoyed for what he is, realizing that his grating voice is nothing more than mere comedy shtick that is not meant to be taken seriously. It should also not be forgotten it's only a "fake" voice as well--his off-stage voice is nothing like that.

    Also get it through your thick skull that attendance was INCREDIBLY POOR at WDW's Tiki Room, which prompted the change. Most of WDW's enjoy the current show (which is still magical and relaxing) and you should too!
    Well I can't argue with that. After all, you backed up your argument with such compelling statistics and facts. Most people enjoy Gilbert Gottfried? Really? I can imagine the type of people you hang around with but that assertion STILL surprises me. As far as thick skulls go, I guess the INCREDIBLY POOR attendance the Tiki Room still seems to have means you are right. Face it, your current imagineer heroes soiled a classic. I really believe Walt Disney would fire whoever did this to his attraction if he were alive today. Phrases like "toss my crackers" would not be tolerated in Walt's version and the fact it's there now shows how low they've sunk.
    Last edited by elvistelth; 07-09-2009 at 08:49 AM. Reason: sp.

  12. #57
    Park Hopper Dad's Avatar
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    good ole southern boy.....
    Posts
    748

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Well I can't argue with that. After all, you backed up your argument with such compelling statistics and facts. Most people enjoy Gilbert Gottfried? Really? I can imagine the type of people you hang around with but that assertation STILL surprises me. As far as thick skulls go, I guess the INCREDIBLY POOR attendance the Tiki Room still seems to have means you are right. Face it, your current imagineer heroes soiled a classic. I really believe Walt Disney would fire whoever did this to his attraction if he were alive today. Phrases like "toss my crackers" would not be tolerated in Walt's version and that fact it's there now shows how low they've sunk.
    Cheers to you Elvistelth! Cheers to you! It's time to cut off some claws and have some with butter sauce!Where's my knife?
    Park Hopper Dad!

  13. #58
    NicW's Avatar
    NicW is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    40

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    Excuse me, Mr. Negative, but G.G. is a "comedy actor"...and all comedy actors have unique "shticks" (Gilbert has that grating voice, the late Andy Kaufman had his habit of "thumbing his nose at the audience", Don Rickles always calls people "hockey pucks", the often-censored Stepin Fetchit had his characterization of "The World's Laziest Man", etc.).

    Your hatred towards him is very discriminatory in many respects as well. If you're going to be so discriminatory against him, you might as well go and discriminate against all the actors that I mentioned, which would only lead to further dentriment to yourself.

    Most (and I mean MOST) people enjoy Gottfried and he should be enjoyed for what he is, realizing that his grating voice is nothing more than mere comedy shtick that is not meant to be taken seriously. It should also not be forgotten it's only a "fake" voice as well--his off-stage voice is nothing like that.

    Also get it through your thick skull that attendance was INCREDIBLY POOR at WDW's Tiki Room, which prompted the change. Most of WDW's enjoy the current show (which is still magical and relaxing) and you should too!

    Lighten up and grow a sense of humor! After all, to quote Roger Rabbit, "If you don't have a good sense of humor, you're better off dead".


    I'm going to go ahead and say that you're an off-putting individual and very alienating. The fact that you're so quick to anger when someone expresses a contradicting opinion doesn't help. I think you should take your own advice and 'lighten up'.

    Just because all comedians have a shtick, doesn't mean you can't dislike one for his shtich.

    On the subject of Stitch/Tiki Room, I have yet to be there where the attraction was operating at even half capacity. Only the very little seem to be enjoying the show, same goes for Stitch. unfortunately, after taking a cursory glance through google I couldn't find any evidence to substantiate that.
    However, that doesn't matter, it remains my opinion that the current Tiki Room contains none of the original charm or good nature.

  14. #59
    *pixie*'s Avatar
    *pixie* is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    22

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    What an awsome idea!!! I love it.
    We can't all be pixies... but I can!
    *Pixie*
    1987:treehouse villas
    1988:treehouse villas
    1989:Caribbean beach
    1990:Caribbean beach
    1992:port orleans
    1993:dixie landings
    1994: carribbean beach
    1995:all star sports
    1996:port orleans
    1997:polynesian
    1998:all star music
    1999:coronado springs
    2000:caribbean beach
    2001:dixie landings(or riverside,name change yet?)
    2002:all star movies
    2003:port orleans
    2004:carribean beach
    2005:caribbean beach
    2006:port orleans
    2007:pop century
    2008:caribbean beach
    2009sept.:coronado srings




  15. #60
    MartianCrab's Avatar
    MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Olympus Mons, Sector 7; Mars
    Posts
    906

    Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

    It is so weird I just joined today and I wrote about these 2 rides!!! I love Mission to Mars but it was changed and now silly stitch lives in my favorite ride. {crying}
    I also liked the Tiki Birdies better when they were not mean.{boo hoo}
    I read all of this posts and i see there is a Krab here who likes what i do not!!!!!
    Am I in a paralel universe or something!!! Stitch go! Mean bird go! That would be better.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •