Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad Cheers to you Elvistelth! Cheers to you! It's time to cut off some claws and have some with butter sauce!Where's my knife? I hope ...
    MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    Cheers to you Elvistelth! Cheers to you! It's time to cut off some claws and have some with butter sauce!Where's my knife?
    I hope you will not try to eat my claws I am nice crab from Mars.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    I hope you will not try to eat my claws I am nice crab from Mars.
    Welcome MartianCrab,
    It seems you came in to this thread when some are a little less happy than they should be.We are all disney brothers and sisters here in this forum,but we sorta have an ornery brother that needs his claws trimmed back just a bit.
    Hope you enjoy yourself in here,and always remember that we ALL have an opinion in here,just be prepared to stand tough when things GET tough.(if you know what I mean).
    Did you read all of the posts?If you did,you should understand what I am saying.Again,welcome.
    Park Hopper Dad!

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Thank you! I think I'm going to like it here.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Can we just put this thread to bed now?
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

WDWLocal is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    Well said KingCrab
    I second that. His points are very valid.

People need to stop picking on the newer attractions and on the second-generation Imagineers.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by WDWLocal View Post
    I second that. His points are very valid.
    People need to stop picking on the newer attractions and on the second-generation Imagineers.

I disagree. There is nothing wrong with due criticism. Imagineers should be held to the highest standards if they want Disney to continue to be the premier themepark. If you really think SGE and Tikiroom UNM is on par with classic Disney attractions then we really have differing ideas about what quality is.

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    I disagree. There is nothing wrong with due criticism. Imagineers should be held to the highest standards if they want Disney to continue to be the premier themepark. If you really think SGE and Tikiroom UNM is on par with classic Disney attractions then we really have differing ideas about what quality is.
    I agree with Elvistelth,
    We are all not a bunch of robots programmed to believe and like the same things.However,Disney has always sat and had higher standards for their theme parks,more than any other theme parks combined.But with the newer generation of imagineers,in my opinion,they don't "get it".The quality of their ideas for rides and attractions have somewhat dampered oveer the years.It all started when Michael Eisner came on board.Again,my entitled opinion.
    Park Hopper Dad!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Think about the primative technologies the first imagineers had at their disposal 40 years ago. Now think of the vast array of choices modern day imagineers have at their disposal; advanced computers, holograms, lazers, dolby sound, yet I consider the best attractions to be the oldest ones (POTC, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain) That tells me the new generation of imagineers aren't doing everything possible if they can't top what their predecessors did. Perhaps it's the fault of Disney management for being cheap and handicapping what the imagineers can create with an insuficient budget...I don't know. But what I do know is that none of the new rides blow me away. I went on Expedition Everest and saw a static yeti which was heralded as being the most advanced audioanimatronic figure ever. It's so advanced they haven't figured out how to make it work for months. Is it working now, even? The bottom line is I believe Disney has used our loyalty to cover up the nasty truth that things are slipping and that they aren't as innovative as they once were. And don't blame the economy because this was true when their business was booming.
    Last edited by elvistelth; 08-13-2009 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Think about the primative technologies the first imagineers had at their disposal 40 years ago. Now think of the vast array of choices modern day imagineers have at their disposal; advanced computers, holograms, lazers, dolby sound, yet I consider the best attractions to be the oldest ones (POTC, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain) That tells me the new generation of imagineers aren't doing everything possible if they can't top what their predecessors did. Perhaps it's the fault of Disney management for being cheap and handicapping what the imagineers can create with an insuficient budget...I don't know. But what I do know is that none of the new rides blow me away. I went on Expedition Everest and saw a static yeti which was heralded as being the most advance audioanimatronic figure ever. It's so advanced they haven't figured out how to make it work for months. Is it working now, even? The bottom line is I believe Disney has used our loyalty to cover up the nasty truth that things are slipping and that they aren't as innovative as they once were. And don't blame the economy because this was true when their business was booming.
    Elvistelth,you sure have a way with words! To all,I agree with this dude,cause he KNOWS whast he's talking about.
    Park Hopper Dad!

thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder

I read through this thread for the first time......and i gotta say every time i see KINGCRAB in any thread he always disagrees with everyone. And then acts like his opinion is the best. There is no best opinion.

That being said..... I think SGE needs to be revamped because they actually get more protien spills than all the 3 mountains because well....not everyone likes chili dog breath. Honestly thats the only problem i had with it.
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

Quote Originally Posted by thunderman04-07 View Post
    I read through this thread for the first time......and i gotta say every time i see KINGCRAB in any thread he always disagrees with everyone.
    I sure do miss that crustacean!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i wish i was around when that guy was... it sure would be fun... btw Elvistelth... i read the posts and u are dead wrong... no im kidding i agree... we've had this conversation about the imagineers and the fact that management seems to have allowed the resort to appear as though they have lost their vision...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Oh no dont say nothing bad about the imagineers......they are GODS lol.....oh wait he is gone now isnt he. What ever happened to kingcrab anyway?
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports

He was crushed under the weight of his own obnoxiousness.

Lol

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast