Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by elvistelth Think about the primative technologies the first imagineers had at their disposal 40 years ago. Now think of the vast array of choices modern day imagineers ...
    Aww Phooey is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Think about the primative technologies the first imagineers had at their disposal 40 years ago. Now think of the vast array of choices modern day imagineers have at their disposal; advanced computers, holograms, lazers, dolby sound, yet I consider the best attractions to be the oldest ones (POTC, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain) That tells me the new generation of imagineers aren't doing everything possible if they can't top what their predecessors did. Perhaps it's the fault of Disney management for being cheap and handicapping what the imagineers can create with an insuficient budget...I don't know. But what I do know is that none of the new rides blow me away. I went on Expedition Everest and saw a static yeti which was heralded as being the most advanced audioanimatronic figure ever. It's so advanced they haven't figured out how to make it work for months. Is it working now, even? The bottom line is I believe Disney has used our loyalty to cover up the nasty truth that things are slipping and that they aren't as innovative as they once were. And don't blame the economy because this was true when their business was booming.
    Amen to that.

You make an excellent point regarding EE and I want to tack on a thought to it. I enjoyed EE a lot but it wasn't the Yeti that did it for me (and it was moving the one time I was on it). It's impressive in size but you move by so fast I really didn't have much time to appreciate it. I get a bigger kick out of the track itself and how you really didn't know where you were going to go next.

But I will say that as far as ride technology goes, I am impressed by the experience you get in Dinosaur/Countdown to Extinction compared to other "take a car through a dark room" rides even if it is on the scarier side. But I don't feel as attached to it as I do other Disney attractions
    Gotta love a duck in uniform.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

He was crushed under the weight of his own obnoxiousness.
    i looked back and all i can say is WOW!!!

really wish i was around for that... but Elvistelth i think u really got this guy to leave the boards... i dont think hes been on since that post in 7/09...

how about an atta boy here!!!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i looked back and all i can say is WOW!!!

really wish i was around for that... but Elvistelth i think u really got this guy to leave the boards... i dont think hes been on since that post in 7/09...

how about an atta boy here!!!
    Thankew....thankewvera much!

thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder

I made a thread a year or so back concerning changes to attractions, you know what ppl like and what people didnt like...it was kinda like this one. He came in and pretty much tried to challenge every opinion in there. I told him to back off or not participate in my thread. I remember him going at it with Albino Pygmy! It was awesome lol.
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I think he was just trolling and eventually got bored.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i wish i was around when that guy was... it sure would be fun... btw Elvistelth... i read the posts and u are dead wrong... no im kidding i agree... we've had this conversation about the imagineers and the fact that management seems to have allowed the resort to appear as though they have lost their vision...
    I've been here quite a while, and just now ran across this thread. Fun read!

Like most of the rest of everyone (still) here , I could dissertate-the-heck-outta' this one, as well.
    It all seems to boil down to nothin' more than a simple CHANGE in vision.
    As has been stated before, a change from a ground-breaking, standard-setting vision to one of bottom-line-above-almost-all. I understand that, of course, but only to a point. Even Walt had to deal with bottom line budgets now and then, especially with some of his films, but that is why he eventually ventured into his parks...he new that he could always be "plussing" THOSE in some form or fashion.
    Things seem to have gone from... "Here's what we're gonna' do, so go find the money!" to "Here's the budget ya' got to work with. Good luck with that..."

Quote Originally Posted by thunderman04-07 View Post
    Oh no dont say nothing bad about the imagineers......they are GODS lol.....oh wait he is gone now isnt he. What ever happened to kingcrab anyway?
    Hmmmmm...?
    I'm beginnin' to think, just maybe, that actually WAS him I caught a glimpse of on an episode of "Deadliest Catch" last season.....in a crab pot.

He was a dead one that they threw back.

he may have reappeared... just in a different form to mask himself...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    Hmmmmm...?
    I'm beginnin' to think, just maybe, that actually WAS him I caught a glimpse of on an episode of "Deadliest Catch" last season.....in a crab pot.

He was one of those "dirty crabs" that were caught in that one episde during 2007 Opilio season.......
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports

He was a dead one that they threw back.
    Oh my. How unfortunate.
    Maybe we should all bow are heads in remembrance and have a moment of...never mind.

Just don't besmirch the name of Kevin Rafferty (the genius behind stitch's not-so-great escape) and we may be OK.

What does it mean to besmirch???? And what else has Kevin Rafferty done? Maybe SGE was a slight fluke. Heck some ppl like the attraction i suppose.....

some do... but i suspect the majority dont...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

besmirch [bɪˈsmɜːtʃ]
    vb (tr)
    3. to sully (often in the phrase besmirch (a person's) name)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast