Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions in the Vacation Planning forums; Just saw "Aloha E Komo Mai!" from Tokyo Disneyland, which is a new version of the Enchanted Tiki Room with Stitch. It's really good. Stitch looks great and is a ...
    FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh

An idea to fix 2 unpopular attractions

Just saw "Aloha E Komo Mai!" from Tokyo Disneyland, which is a new version of the Enchanted Tiki Room with Stitch. It's really good. Stitch looks great and is a natural fit for the Tiki theme, unlike the current "Under New Management" which is one of Disney's biggest mistakes.

There's been a lot of debate about bringing back the original show, and I'm with the camp that believes it would play to very empty crowds. I like that the original show isn't gone forever as it will probably continue to live on for many years at Disneyland. I believe in having variety between the two kingdoms, and I think they should say goodbye to Zazu and Iago and bring in Stitch.

Except...we already have a Stitch attraction over at Tomorrowland, one that's not very popular. And here's how we fix that.

"Escape From The Axiom with Wall-E and Eve"

Turn those uncomfortable harness chairs into (pseudo) hover-chairs. The attraction starts with us sitting back staring at virtual screens telling us about Axiom comforts like "cupcke in a cup" when all of a sudden we get an image of 2 renegade robots.

There's a laser gun blast above us and in "flies" Eve. (Eve will be controlled by a pair of intersecting wires so she can fly around. This Spider-Cam technology already exists and is used in films and sporting events.) She's trying to get the plant to the center stage where the analyzer will return the ship to Earth. Wall-E pops up by the analyzer and tries to help, along with M-O. But Auto tries to stop them. The video screens up above? That's where the Captain gives his orders.

And we get a show that actually BELONGS in Tomorrowland.
    Dreams Never Die!

TikiGoddess is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I love the idea of using Wall-E in the Stitch attraction. That show is one I've seen ONCE -- and will never do again. (can you say chili dog?)

I'm not too fond of putting Stitch into the Tiki room, though. I'll have to look for video/info of the one you're speaking of and see how that works.

All that being said, I think the chances of Imagineering actually changing either of these attractions is low.

TikiG

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I don't like the stitch idea in Tiki Room either but your second suggestion sounds like a plan
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I think Stitch would be okay in the Tiki Room, but I still love the original and only the original.

As for Stitch being a Wall_e attraction, that would be awesome. I loathe the Stitch thing and think it is a giant waste of time. Funny story on that, the first time we took DD to WDW, Stitch had just opened and the lines were really long-like two hours, we waited about 15 minutes and heard someone who had just come out talk abaout how horrible it was -no Hawaii, no Lilo, nothing-so we left the line and 2 years later finally went in it, it was so boring, even my DD was unimpressed except by the chili dog. It is such a waste of time, that a well done Wall-E could be used to revive that area.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by FigmentMushu View Post
    Just saw "Aloha E Komo Mai!" from Tokyo Disneyland, which is a new version of the Enchanted Tiki Room with Stitch. It's really good. Stitch looks great and is a natural fit for the Tiki theme, unlike the current "Under New Management" which is one of Disney's biggest mistakes.
    It may be a mistake in your opinion, but not everybody agrees.

That's an opinion and an opinion ONLY...and a very subjective one at that.

And SGE was not a mistake either. That's only a subjective opinion as well.

And neither of them are as "unpopular" as you think. Sure, they may be somewhat unpopular with some of the hardcore fans, but to the general public (the non-fanatics), those attractions are actually popular and still bring in very good numbers.

By bashing them both, you're bashing their writer (WDI's own Kevin Rafferty) as well. WDWTrivia.com already has a good relationship with folks like him, so it'd be wise to not start with the out-of-control hatred that has become all-too-common on message boards.

EDIT: This thread should really be titled An idea to fix 2 attractions that are really only unpopular with the Internet minority and do happen to be popular with the majority of WDW's guests.
    Last edited by KINGCRAB; 03-31-2009 at 09:58 AM.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    It may be a mistake in your opinion, but not everybody agrees.

That's an opinion and an opinion ONLY...and a very subjective one at that.

And SGE was not a mistake either. That's only a subjective opinion as well.

And neither of them are as "unpopular" as you think. Sure, they may be somewhat unpopular with some of the hardcore fans, but to the general public (the non-fanatics), those attractions are actually popular and still bring in very good numbers.

By bashing them both, you're bashing their writer (WDI's own Kevin Rafferty) as well. WDWTrivia.com already has a good relationship with folks like him, so it'd be wise to not start with the out-of-control hatred that has become all-too-common on message boards.
    That's why it's his opinion and what opinion isn't subjective? We don't all have to enjoy the same rides and accept everything with admiration that WDI puts out there. They usually hit homeruns but every now and then they hit a single. I think both attractions are popular with the standard WDW crowd but the hardcore fans like something different and I don't think this post was meant as out of control hatred. I'm sure Kevin Rafferty knows that we WDWtrivia.com'er's respect the work of WDI. A little constructive criticism never hurt anyone.

Where would we be as fans of WDW if we blindly accepted everything that's put out there and allowed the parks to become stale? I think this idea with Stitch and Wall-E took a lot of thought and we should debate it, not criticize it as being mean.

I for one dont' mind the Stitch attraction but I never got to see Alien Encounter. I have watched it on Youtube and I liked it there. I have never seen either version of the Tiki Room so I have nothing to compare.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Put Stitch in the tube that cooked Buzzy from the Alien Encounter preshow.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Put Stitch in the tube that cooked Buzzy from the Alien Encounter preshow.
    His name is Skippy. I love that little guy.

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Put Stitch in the tube that cooked Skippy from the Alien Encounter preshow.
    Don't!

Stitch is indestructible anyway.

Stitchgirl1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I think we should all remember that everyone likes different things, life would be boring if we all loved the same attraction - and the queue would be huge!

allie cat is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Nice ideas... but does EVERYTHING have to be a knock-off from the latest movies? I'd like to see the Tiki Birds updated based on the original show, perhaps for the upcoming anniversary - that's just one person's thought, tho. To each their own!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by allie cat View Post
    Nice ideas... but does EVERYTHING have to be a knock-off from the latest movies? I'd like to see the Tiki Birds updated based on the original show, perhaps for the upcoming anniversary - that's just one person's thought, tho. To each their own!

I totally agree. Half of these movies are forgotten in 5 years so the rides based on them become dated and obscure.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by allie cat View Post
    Nice ideas... but does EVERYTHING have to be a knock-off from the latest movies?
    I agree allie cat. I'd like to see more original ride ideas like expedition everest. I like the movie tie in rides but give me some more originals. WDW has a ton of empty space and it's time to start adding more attractions.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    The Wall-E attraction idea sounds kinda neat, but I don't like how it would further turn Tomorrowland into Pixarland. I don't like the idea of Stitch in the Enchanted Tiki Room at all! I hope they never do that, no offense, just not something that I would like to see. I do agree that a Wall-E attraction would be a great idea, I just don't want to see it in Tomorrowland.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

disneyplanningd is offline A-Ticket holder

Thumbs up

Wouldn't being an Imagineer just be the coolest job!!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast