Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Rate hike time again! in the Vacation Planning forums; Just got an email from Mousesavers. They are strongly suggesting Disney is raising tickets prices effective August 3rd. How do we feel about that? Economy hurting, Disney cutting back on ...
    Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Rate hike time again!

Just got an email from Mousesavers. They are strongly suggesting Disney is raising tickets prices effective August 3rd. How do we feel about that? Economy hurting, Disney cutting back on attractions but raising ticket prices.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Well, tough times means tough measures, but less service should not equal higher prices. Maybe they should start with executive salaries-let them tighten their belts, then raise prices as a last resort. (no pun intended) I loathe higher prices when exec's are making record salaries, cut those first, then nonessentials, then raise prices. WDW is suffering from poor management.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The last increase was a year ago, so it should be no surprise the price is going up. I'm not so sure it is fair to say they are cutting back on attractions - they just opened Toy Story Mania, American Idol is coming this fall, and other new things are either in progress or rumored for the next year. Yes, they are cutting back on some of the shows that were part of A Year of a Million Dreams, but that doesn't mean something else won't be coming in as part of the next promotion.

Don't forget, their expenses have been rising at least as fast as ours: those buses, boats, and trucks need fuel, power, food costs, etc.

I'd also expect to hear the announcement of similar increases at Universal and other parks within a few weeks.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    The last increase was a year ago, so it should be no surprise the price is going up. I'm not so sure it is fair to say they are cutting back on attractions - they just opened Toy Story Mania, American Idol is coming this fall, and other new things are either in progress or rumored for the next year. Yes, they are cutting back on some of the shows that were part of A Year of a Million Dreams, but that doesn't mean something else won't be coming in as part of the next promotion.

Don't forget, their expenses have been rising at least as fast as ours: those buses, boats, and trucks need fuel, power, food costs, etc.

I'd also expect to hear the announcement of similar increases at Universal and other parks within a few weeks.
    well stated
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    All great points Disneydame but could you imagine the image a price cut would generate for Disney? Not that they really need to reach a broader audience but to cut prices and tell the public that they did it for American Families. Encourage them to travel during this slowdown. I think it would be a great gesture.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Looking at the business I'm in, we raise prices slightly every year, so I understand that Disney also has expenses that they have to compensate for and therefore must raise ticket prices every year. But I also agree with ohiodisneydad, what a huge gesture Disney would make if they held off raising prices for a bit. Not that it's going to keep us die hard Disney fanatics from going. I just wonder in what year we'll we see the first $100 ticket price.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    The $100 a day prices would kill of our dreams of ever going back. I know Disney is a business and they are as succeptable to the higher costs as we are. The employees of Disney deserve the best life they can get therefore they deserve as much as the Company can pay them and the only way Disney can make money is to charge more. BUT the public only has a finite amount of money they can spend. I know I do. I want to go back but Universal may be our next destination. $89 for 7 days of unlimited access is a deal you cannot argue against. Especially once Harry Potter land opens. I hate to say it but Disney is taking itself out of our price range as a destination.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort