Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Haunted Mansion for Scaredy Cats Question in the Vacation Planning forums; So I have 2 girls who will probably be completely scared out of their mind by the spiel in the stretching room. I am wondering if anyone knows if you ...
    ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder

Haunted Mansion for Scaredy Cats Question

So I have 2 girls who will probably be completely scared out of their mind by the spiel in the stretching room. I am wondering if anyone knows if you can skip that part of the attraction. I REALLY want to ride it this time since it will be my first time since the redo.

If there is no way to bypass it, then I guess I'll just have to pay for therapy.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    You could ask the CM before entering if you can go to the ride through the "Servants' Quarters." It is a doorway from the entryway directly to the ride vehicles. I believe it is how the CMs take wheelchair guests to the access point for them to board the Doom Buggys. Also, it is a way for CMs to get from one area of the ride to another without ruining the illusion of the stretching room by having both sets of doors open. I am not totally sure about this, so maybe someone could confirm?

If you are nice, and explain that after they got inside your children began getting frightened you may be able to skip the stretching room.
    Last edited by MagicMom; 08-16-2008 at 02:15 PM. Reason: spelling error

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    If you can't get to bypass the room try a IPOD put it on them blaring and tell them to look at the floor. I use any method to divert my sons attention when I know he won't like something.

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMom View Post
    You could ask the CM before entering if you can go to the ride through the "Servants' Quarters." It is a doorway from the entryway directly to the ride vehicles. I believe it is how the CMs take wheelchair guests to the access point for them to board the Doom Buggys. Also, it is a way for CMs to get from one area of the ride to another without ruining the illusion of the stretching room by having both sets of doors open. I am not totally sure about this, so maybe someone could confirm?
    The servants quarters takes you directly to the room with the "aging portrait". We have used it on many occasions. I don't think there is a way to get directly to the front of the line
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    We went through the Servants Quarters but I believe we went into the stretching room.
    I'd just ask- I'm sure they could let you in first and let you through the entire thing and into your Doombuggy before they let anyone else in.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Stitchgirl1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Just been on it today, to be honest the biggest problem is the idiots that insist on blinding you by taking flash photos on the ride!

Hope you can get your kids on without the stretching room because that is the scariest part, the rest is just cute.

Have fun whatever xxx

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    My daughter was totally scared when she first went, she was 4. Now it's her favorite ride in the whole park. What I did was had her sit next to me and I kind of explained every scene to her as we came upon it. Showed her how silly it was instead of scary. Kind of made fun of the "ghosts" that scared her the most. I think it worked for her. After a while, as we rode it, she would start making fun of the "ghosts" instead of having me do it. That was 4 years ago.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/