Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Vacation Planning forums; My family had been thinking about going to WDW the week before X-mas and after much research, thanks to these boards, we have now decided to try and make it ...
    OnlyImagination is offline A-Ticket holder

Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

My family had been thinking about going to WDW the week before X-mas and after much research, thanks to these boards, we have now decided to try and make it to the NSSHP. We were thinking about going the weekend of October 17. Is this a good idea? Thanks again for all of your excellent first-hand experience!!!
    -Jonathan
    "Walt Disney World is a tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney's dream come true." Roy O. Disney

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    It is a fantastic idea and a lot of fun!

The parade and fireworks are awesome too!

We went back in 2006 and have booked to go on 10th October this year!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Yes! While I haven't been there myself it looks great! Make sure you do go to MVMCP one day too it was updated last year. I have seen MVMCP and it was great!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My wife and I will be going to the MNSSHP during our trip in September. I'll be writing about it in my post trip report when I get back. (And posting pictures!) I had the same discussion in my pre trip report as well.

If you decide to go, have fun. Either way, have a safe and fun trip!

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

kriskay is offline B-Ticket Holder
    EXCELLENT IDEA! Haha--I will be there myself October 15th - October 20th--attending the October 16th MNSSHP. We caught the party last year and it was A BLAST!! You will not regret it.

~~Kriskay~~

plutopuppy is offline A-Ticket holder
    I went last year and it was great. We missed the parade (hiding from the rain) but the fireworks were great. And it was fun to go to the trick-or-treat stops. I'm probably going to try to go again this year.

mickeymatt is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We have a 4 year old girl, ist MNSSHP a good idea or is it better suited for older kids?

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    We're checking it out for the first time Oct 9th.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeymatt View Post
    We have a 4 year old girl, ist MNSSHP a good idea or is it better suited for older kids?

My youngest was 5 when we went and loved it. Just be sure to take an afternoon rest break. We were sooooo exhausted from pushing it all day!! Have fun!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

OnlyImagination is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for all the info!!! I'm really looking forward to it now. I hope it isn't that crowded and the weather holds up. Do the events only happen on the 19th and 21st?
    -Jonathan
    "Walt Disney World is a tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney's dream come true." Roy O. Disney

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I just booked MNSSHP for October 4th! Now I have to figure out what to wear......

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Does anyone if it's true that if you have tickets for MNSSHP you can get in at 4 pm as it says on Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World I just want to make sure so I'm not telling my friends wrong. I know the event goes from 7-12 PM (I'm gonna need tons of caffeine for the next day because I'm going back to the parks with my best friend). I'm going for the first time!!! I'm actually excited, even though I tend to be anti-Halloween (sorry). And does anyone know where the face painting is and how long it goes? I appreciate answers before this Friday (that's when I'm going). Thanks! I'll let y'all know how it went for me. My friend said it's a once-in-a-lifetime thing, as well.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

kriskay is offline B-Ticket Holder
    YES! 4pm entry with your MNSSHP ticket! We went at 4pm last year before the party and hit all the big rides (Space Mountain, Space Ranger Spin, POTC) in record time! Just make sure you go back to the gate a little before or after 7 to get your trick or treat bag, party map and event times...

YOU WILL LOVE IT! Don't miss the villains show! It was fantastic and the villains stay afterward for quite a long time for meet and greet. I got great pics with Cruella, Captain Hook, Snow White villain (what is her name anyways?), Jafar and the Queen of Hearts

~~Kriskay~~

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I don't think the evil queen from Snow White has a name. Just, the Queen. Anyway, cool beans. I'm anxious to check out the dance parties, since I like to dance. We will find out tomorrow. Anyone have any other suggestions or advice/tips??? Thanks!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I would like to know where the face painting is too, and what times it is open?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast