Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Am I crazy to do this?!?! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everyone. I am going to WDW in mid october We are getting a 2 Day park hopper pass, and this is what we plan to do right now. Wed: ...
    rollecoasterfan is offline A-Ticket holder

Am I crazy to do this?!?!

Hi everyone. I am going to WDW in mid october
    We are getting a 2 Day park hopper pass, and this is what we plan to do right now.
    Wed: arrive and hang at the pool
    Thurs: MK (with early morning hours), taking up most of the day, then hopping over to epcot and hit the major future world rides.
    Fri: Typhoon Lagoon (this is paid for by the company we are going with)
    Sat: Universal Studios (I know, its not Disney, but weve never been)
    Sun: AK in the morning, then DS in the afternoon. We plan on making an ADR for Mama Melroses and then seeing Fantasmic
    We'vve done this before like this and it worked out perfectly for us. My question is that I was looking at the MK hours and noticed on the sunday we will be there the MK will have Evening extra hours until 1am. We really really love the MK. Do you think that we could get out of Fantasmic, go over to the MK and go on a few of our favorite rides again? Am I messing something up or would this work??
    What would the world be like with out WDW??

StephlovesWDW is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Buffalo, New York- too far and too cold to be remotely considered anywhere near central Florida :(
    I think your plan sounds great! At least you can still go to magic kingdom the one day
    Maybe you can switch your plans around a bit. Instead of going to MK and then EPCOT on Thursday and AK and DHS Sunday you could go to AK and DHS Thursday and on Sunday go to EPCOT in the early hours and to MK @ night. Or the day you go to Universal- maybe spend only half a day there and then to DHS. Hope this helps Maybe save your MK visit for Sunday- you know, save the best for last.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I would go to MK for the EMH after Fantasmic, what a great way to end the trip! I am not sure how the EMH works now, I thought I read somewhere that they no longer give out bracelets so I am not sure how you'd be able to get in the MK late at night, might be a non-issue, maybe someone else knows.

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder
    What is that U word?

rollecoasterfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the responses. Depending on how we are feeling, I think it could work out. Were staying at the Grand Floridian so we can acess the monorail. THe monorails open till the MK closes right?
    What would the world be like with out WDW??

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I am not sure how late the monorails run but they definitely run as long as the MK is still open. Since you're staying at GF, you are just a monorail ride away when you are ready to call it a night, even better!

rock_doctor is offline A-Ticket holder
    The monorails should run for at least 2-hours after the last park (that they service) closes.

reubenco is offline A-Ticket holder
    I know I'm not answering your question, but I'd really like to comment on your plan.
    I think that this would really be a waste of money for airplane and hotel and everything. To go for 2 days and hardly spend any time in the parks. Honestly, I don't see how you're going to get much of anything done. If lines are bad (always assume they will be) you'll maybe get three attractions per park. That's not how I'd want to spend my Disney vacation.
    Stuck as far away from WDW as possible

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    My family and I always spend a whole day in each park.As Rubenco said,you have to anticipate lines of some degree,even fast passes can't cover everything.With that said,even if you have been to WDW before,you just can't enjoy each park thoroughly unless you stay in one all day.We've done the hopping thing some in the past,and for the ammount of time that it takes to leave one park,get your hand stamped,catch either a bus to Studios or Animal King,or ride the monorail over to Epcot,by the time you actually get in the front gate of the park you are hopping to,you have lost at minimum an hour,or very close to it.Possibly more than.
    We've done WDW 10 yrs in a row,plus back in the 90's as well,and we've done it many different ways.We find staying in one park all day is the absolute best way,at least for us.
    Park Hopper Dad!