Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss WDW Camera Policies in the Vacation Planning forums; According to Disneyland's FAQs: What items are not permitted within Disneyland® Park, Disney's California Adventure® Park or the Downtown Disney® District? Items not permitted include, but are not limited to: ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

WDW Camera Policies

According to Disneyland's FAQs:

What items are not permitted within Disneyland® Park, Disney's California Adventure® Park or the Downtown Disney® District?

Items not permitted include, but are not limited to:

Professional cameras and recording equipment. (Reporters must make prior arrangements with Disneyland® Resort Media Relations.) Folding tripod stands that can fit inside a standard backpack are permitted.
    Has anyone heard if this is going to be the rule at WDW too? I'm hearing on other sites that some people are being refused admission to the park if they have an DSLR or SLR camera. Any CMs here that work the gates know anything about this? Is this really happening? I have a DSLR and if I'm not going to be let in the parks because of it I'll have to rethink my trip in Dec.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    My friend has a very high-quality SLR that she took with us last month, and had no issues at any gate.

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've been twice this year already for a total of 17 days between the 2 trips and never had anyone say anything to me and I have a Nikon dSLR.

It's ironic that this same question was raised on Tim Devine's The Magic in Pixels forum and several of the more senior members who have been taking pictures in the parks for double-digit years have said that in most cases Disney is looking for what is known as the "white lenses". The "white lenses" are the really expensive lenses typically used by professionals.

Granted there are exceptions and they are typically newbies. For example we were told last year we couldn't use a tripod in downtown Disney and later found out from more senior members of Disney security that was a falsehood
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    A lot of it depends on how obvious you are with your equipment. If it looks like your carrying your entire world on your shoulders and you are a professional photographer/videographer, you might have some trouble getting in the gate. Although Disney does work a lot on the honor system that if you say, "no I'm not." They can let you in.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

tink127 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Never had an issue with our camera. I am taking the Keys to the Kingdom Tour in December they told me twice during the reservation process no cameras or large back packs are allowed.
    April 09 WL (Family Vacation); Dec 08 Swan ( I survived chemo trip); March 08 GF; March 07 WL, March 06 WL, March 05 WL

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by tink127 View Post
    Never had an issue with our camera. I am taking the Keys to the Kingdom Tour in December they told me twice during the reservation process no cameras or large back packs are allowed.
    If you are going "backstage", then you can expect a no camera rule. We were in the classroom area of Animal Kingdom for the speaker series and we were not allowed cameras.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.