Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Bye Bye My Pal Mickey in the Vacation Planning forums; I don't see this here. Perhaps I missed it somewhere but......... My Pal Mickey is no more. Once the current supplies are bought they will not be replenished....
    MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Bye Bye My Pal Mickey

I don't see this here. Perhaps I missed it somewhere but.........

My Pal Mickey is no more. Once the current supplies are bought they will not be replenished.
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    are you serious?!? I wanted one!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    are you serious?!? I wanted one!
    I'm sure you can still get one if you call them! Good luck!

About the Pal Mickeys - I'm not surprised. I heard that they were a pain to carry around the parks and you had to hold it up to your ear to hear what it was saying. I was going to get one a couple of years ago, but when I saw that it was $50, I decided it wasn't worth it.
    ~Ashleigh

I kept saying I was going to get one just to have at home with me to listen to. I only have 29 days until we leave 30 days until we are in MK. So hopefully they won't run out before I go. But the price is a bit... well pricey lol. So I don't know if I'll worry about one or not.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Bye Mick! I'm sure it's another cost-cutting measure. They looked cool but I heard bad things about them. You can probably buy one on eBay Tiff!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Tiff, here is more info from All Ears

Pal Mickey Interactive Plush, introduced in 2003 for use at the
    four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, is being discontinued when
    existing stock runs out. Although Pal Mickey will no longer be
    available for purchase, the interactive plush will continue to
    operate in the four theme parks. The remaining Pal Mickeys will
    be available for purchase while supplies last at the following
    locations:

--Island Mercantile at Animal Kingdom
    --The Dark Room at Disney's Hollywood Studios
    --Epcot Camera Center and MouseGear at Epcot
    --Emporium at Magic Kingdom
    --World of Disney store at Downtown Disney Marketplace

Thanks you all.

Emporium will be the first store I hit! when I get in to MK lol
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Brs197 is offline A-Ticket holder

Pal Mickey

I called Disney Mail Order today about getting Pal Mickey for our 5-year-old who lost his on the monorail last year. (He's been saving for a year!) Anyway, I was told they were all out of stock. I was able to get one from the Laughing Place for a lot more money.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I liked the "idea" of owning a Pal Mickey, but he was extra weight that I didn't care to tote. I suppose if you were already pushing a stroller and could toss him in, carrying one more item wouldn't make that big of a deal. I suppose the clothes for Pal Mickey will disappear too, so if there is something I still want, I'd better buy it when I see it.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    Mouse Extra

There's an article on it
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Sallyb5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I wonder if the Nintendo DS system they were testing a while ago will be replacing Pal Mickey?

goofntink is offline B-Ticket Holder
    They have announced it will be replaced by newer interactive technology.The Ds system used during the testing was to see how the preliminary software and systems would work using Wi-Fi technology.The final version if approved would be used on a newer system.From our understanding it would be the newer version DSi.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    My daughter had one but we got rid of it. I caught her going into her mom's wallet. When I asked her why her reply was "Mickey needs the money".

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    I suppose the clothes for Pal Mickey will disappear too, so if there is something I still want, I'd better buy it when I see it.
    I was just thinking the same thing yesterday V! Guess we need to pick up some outfits for Tanner's Mickey in December! Yes....we are headed back down there in December!

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I am so sad to hear that Mickey will be going away. We used ours on our last trip at the begining of Oct. and we made several new friends swapping Pal Mickey stories. I will say that he became a bit of a burden in the parks because, despite the fact that I bought him for my 5 year old daughter, it was Mommy or Daddy that had to carry him 99% of the time. We were constantly trading him back and forth. The days we got a stroller, we just laid him on the little sunshade on top, but you still had to grab him and hold him to your ear when he wanted to say anything. Also, we had to put him into the Ziplocks I had brought for other things in order to keep him dry inside our back pack when it rained.

He never really mentioned anything about short waits until the very end of the day when everything was closed...then, he'd go non-stop, telling us each ride had a short wait. He also never said anything about character appearances. He basically just said the pre-programmed things when we got to certain places in the parks. I was surprised that he talked during certain rides, like the Haunted Mansion. Despite his drawbacks, I paid a lot of money for him and my daughter loved him, so I'm sure we'll be taking him back to WDW when we go in a few weeks.

So, what stores carry clothes for him and what kinds of things do they have?

~Heather

P.S.-For those who thought about getting him just for use at home...he's really not as much fun as you think. We don't even let our daughter play with him at home-Pal Mickey is a strictly WDW toy. He tells some jokes and asks simple trivia questions, but to tell the truth he gets kind of annoying.
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast