Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Davey Jones Down on Pirates in the Vacation Planning forums; I was bummed last week rode Pirates 4 times and eash times Davey jones in the mist was not working. I hope they get it fixed before my next trip ...
    vksdisney is offline A-Ticket holder

Davey Jones Down on Pirates

I was bummed last week rode Pirates 4 times and eash times Davey jones in the mist was not working. I hope they get it fixed before my next trip in Feb? Anyone else notice this? Nov - 14th - nov 20 I was there

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hopefully it was just a 1 day thing - it's not on the official rehabs and closures list on the website (at least not in the past couple of days anyway). I love that part of the ride - I hope they fix it sometime in the next couple of weeks before I get there!
    ~Ashleigh

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I was there on the 8th (if I remember correctly) and it wasn't working then.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    The lack of squid-face isn't distressing to me. I'm not a fan of the movie tie-ins. To me, it ruins the experience. Imagine riding the Haunted Mansion and having an Eddie Murphy AA arbitrarily popping out of random scenes. Wouldn't that ruin it for some of you? Thankfully, Murphy's movie wasn't a success so we probably won't be subjected to that. I know this is probably a minority opinion, but not everyone likes the new POTC.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I like the effect. However, Davy Jones scares one of my sons. So if it is there, great and if not, it will be okay for my family.

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    The lack of squid-face isn't distressing to me. I'm not a fan of the movie tie-ins. To me, it ruins the experience. Imagine riding the Haunted Mansion and having an Eddie Murphy AA arbitrarily popping out of random scenes. Wouldn't that ruin it for some of you? Thankfully, Murphy's movie wasn't a success so we probably won't be subjected to that. I know this is probably a minority opinion, but not everyone likes the new POTC.
    Yeah sorta like Pop Century and LOL??
    Why are you so negative?? Why are you here??This is a happy place!!!
    Last edited by Tmntrans; 11-28-2008 at 11:41 AM. Reason: spelling

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Tmntrans View Post
    Why are you so negative?? Why are you here??This is a happy place!!!

For balance. It seems many are only comfortable with seeing their opinion mirrored in posts. I see things differently and choose to express those opinions. Why are you so threatened? I'm not allowed to say I liked something better the old way? How intolerant. If you read my post about the Pop Century did you also notice I said I liked the way Riverside is landscaped? Is that being negative too? Lighten up.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by vksdisney View Post
    I was bummed last week rode Pirates 4 times and eash times Davey jones in the mist was not working. I hope they get it fixed before my next trip in Feb? Anyone else notice this? Nov - 14th - nov 20 I was there
    I was there Nov 14th-Nov 21st. And it wasn't working then . It has been down a few weeks now. It's something with the projector.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    If it isn't fixed by the time we get there, Jake won't be able to pick Davey Jones' nose as we go by.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    So maybe this is a good thing!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I am immune to his shenanigans by now.

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    I agree with you, I don't like the movie tie-ins either.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    If it isn't fixed by the time we get there, Jake won't be able to pick Davey Jones' nose as we go by.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Quote Originally Posted by Sorria View Post
    I agree with you, I don't like the movie tie-ins either.
    Thank you. I miss the "original" chase scene too.

wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts
    Yea, PoTC is a classic Disney ride, I wished they would have kept the original. That being said, the movie tie-in didn't change the ride too much. It is not as distracting as Murphy would be in HH
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast