Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which attraction needs to be replaced the most?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss MK: Which attraction needs to go? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by disneymaniac86 If anything had to go, I would beg them to replace Stich's Great Escape. That attraction is special. .. Do you mean "special" like the special ...
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac86 View Post
    If anything had to go, I would beg them to replace Stich's Great Escape. That attraction is special...
    Do you mean "special" like the special olympics? If so, I agree.

OnlyImagination is offline A-Ticket holder
    The Hall of Presidents is a CLASSIC. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to see it since the refurb. I love history and I think that the Hall of Presidents is an excellent "synopsis" if you will, of the great struggles that this new country experienced. If you can't appreciate the historic value maybe you can just enjoy the amazing audio-animatronics that are present. Blaine Gibson did a beautiful job on the sculpting the presidents. I voted for Snow White after realizing that it's time for the Country Bear Jamboree to GO.
    -Jonathan
    "Walt Disney World is a tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney's dream come true." Roy O. Disney

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm a fan of the Hall of Presidents too. First off, the Audio-Animatronics are simply amazing in there. Yeah, you have to sit through the movie and some folks don't enjoy history lessons while on vacation, but just admire the technology. My father-in-law was convinced that there were real human actors on the stage, not "robots". While the Lincoln and Obama speeches (I'm sure he'll have one) are going on, just look around at the other Presidents..watch them nod, shake their heads, whisper to each other, and generally act alive.

Ok, so it's not a ride that you leave and run back back to the entrance....at the very least, it's a cool 1/2 hour respite from walking in the heat!!!!!

I'm not one for getting rid of old attractions anyway, I still miss 20,000 Leagues and Mr. Toad!
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    I voted for Country Bear Jamboree. I loved it when I was younger and it will always hold a special place with me because of that, but it is in desperate need of updating!

burymyheartindw is offline A-Ticket holder
    How anyone could put the TTA on that list is a crime in itself. It is easily one of my favorite attractions. The bird eye's view of Tomorrowland, plus all the behind the scenes exhibits makes for a classic.

Stitch is the only ride I refuse to do. Did it once and it absolutely stunk. If Eisner were here, he'd close the ride and make it more scarier!

SevenSeasLagoon is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I chose CBJ, even though I wouldn't want it to go. I would like to see an upgrade to Snow White, but again, don't want to lose it entirely.

I really want them to bulldoze Indy Speedway! Have you ever seen a satellite photo of that area?? It is an absolutely huge plot of land that a really nice E-ticket attraction and some other stuff could be built on. But we have the loud and fume-scented Indy Speedway.

stephanie71717 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I don't think I can choose any of those listed. A trip wouldn't be complete without all of these. Plus no matter how corney, borring or oudated some are they still bring me back to my childhood visits with my mom (R.I.P) So I say nothing should ever be removed just keep adding new stuff.

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    None of those need to be replaced but TLC is not a bad thing at all.
    AllAbouttheMouseketeer #224-Michael K. from Buckeye, Arizona

Stays at Walt Disney World
    July 1995: Shades of Green
    April 2000: All Star Sports (Baseball)
    March 2001: All Star Music (Rock)
    January 2006: All Star Movies (Mighty Ducks)
    May 2006: Saratoga Springs (Congress Park)
    March 2007: Saratoga Springs (Paddock)
    August 2007: Port Orleans: French Quarter
    June 2008: Saratoga Springs (Springs)

August 2009: Saratoga Springs

Stays at Disneyland
    May 2008: Grand Californian
    December 2008: Grand Californian

June 2009: Radison/Disneyland Hotel

Working for the Walt Disney Company
    Jan-Aug '07: MGM(Sunset/Lucasland/Backlot)
    Aug '08-May '09: GCC College Program Rep

May '09: EPCOT

brentbrit is offline A-Ticket holder
    So I'm a bit late to the party but CBJ for me...nothing about it has ever worked for me...both as a kid or an adult.

I'm really curious if anyone can explain the Stitch hate without any sort of snarky "you should already know this" type tone. I mean...I really, really loved AE when I was younger (an admitted horror geek since I was in 1st grade) but on our honeymoon my wife and I both enjoyed Stitch's Great Escape. It wasn't perfect but it was a good amount of fun to me.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I can't speak for the others; but for me stitch stinks because it's just a re-hash of Alien Encounter. In my opinion they should have put in something completely new instead of just a retro fitted do-over.

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't like Stitch due to the fact that I was working MK while they were hyping it up and it was just disappointing becasue they built it up to the Cast member so much for the whole year and then it was just, eh. I also have a terrible memory of walking through the tunnels beneath Tomorrowland one day when the chili breath smell leaked and every time I go on the attraction now it reminds me of that awfully smelly day.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

thegoz85 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I'll vote Snow White, simple because it's the least special for me. It's not that I don't like it, it's just not my favorite. All the others are classics, and I just don't have the heart to get rid of them.

That said, I don't mind Stitch all that much. I think it's funny when everyone gets their first whiff of chili dog. It does kind of stick with you all day, though!

And now, you all may say how much you disagree with me!
    "Every sunset leads to morning, with the promise of opportunity."
    ~Promise

Love Disney? Interested in technology? Read DisTECH! Click the logo to check it out:

Also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

AngelalvsDisney is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: MK: Which attraction needs to go?

If I had to pick one, it would be the Treehouse to go.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible"

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder

I voted for Hall of Presidents. It is one of two attractions at MK I have never done (Astro Orbiter is the other). I think it is too much of a classic to get rid of. Practically though, I think the tree house is outdated and I think I am one of 10 people that love the movie and used to watch it on a Betamax tape I recorded from the Disney Channel. Even having the WEDway People Mover or the Carousel of Progress as options in the poll is blasphemy!!!!!!!

KrisL418 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Swiss Family Treehouse would be the one to go for me. It's an attraction thats just a set of stairs. Disney could put something a little more exciting in its place.

I <3 TTA and CoP
    ~Pop Century~Sept '06~
    ~Boardwalk~Aug '07~
    ~Pop Century~Aug '08~

<3 Stitch!

College Program Wanna Be 2011

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast