Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which attraction needs to be replaced the most?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
WDW Theme Parks Discuss MK: Which attraction needs to go? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by thegoz85 I'll vote Snow White, simple because it's the least special for me. It's not that I don't like it, it's just not my favorite. All the ...
    KrisL418 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: MK: Which attraction needs to go?

Quote Originally Posted by thegoz85 View Post
    I'll vote Snow White, simple because it's the least special for me. It's not that I don't like it, it's just not my favorite. All the others are classics, and I just don't have the heart to get rid of them.

That said, I don't mind Stitch all that much. I think it's funny when everyone gets their first whiff of chili dog. It does kind of stick with you all day, though!

And now, you all may say how much you disagree with me!

i agree w/ you, i kinda like stitch

...now i'm waiting for my disagreements
    ~Pop Century~Sept '06~
    ~Boardwalk~Aug '07~
    ~Pop Century~Aug '08~

<3 Stitch!

College Program Wanna Be 2011

KevinZ is offline B-Ticket Holder

How about an upgraded or reinvention of the Country Bear Jamboree???
    Kevin

WDWRadio Cruise : Deck 8 is great!
    "Almost there!"
    "Keep moving forward!"

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

CBJ has to stay due to being in Frontierland. I absolutely hate Monsters Inc. I like Stitch but I think they just about used all they can out of the building. After its done they need to tear it down and start with a fresh sheet of paper.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ncstatefan View Post
    These are some classic rides that I think sometimes seem outdated. Which one do you think needs to get replaced the most?

I think that the Hall of Presidents needs to go because I don't think that many families want to go to attraction that isn't very exciting, and it really isn't a huge classic.
    Why should the Hall of presidents go? It shouldn't!
    But I'll tell you why you feel that way.Because you,and too many more thousands of people,have no concern nor desire to be educated in our country's history and the significant events of our country's past!These days,too many in this youngest generation and many in the generation prior to this one,doesn't seem to care at all about historical events,past presidents,historical turning-points in our country's short lifetime.
    All they want is their stupid I-pods,Mp3s,computers and all things that are sending this country on a downward spiral to destruction!
    There is no respect for the things of the past,no regard for life,and no respect for themselves.
    Yeah,you got me on my soapbox with this post!
    Why does it have to be this way?Why can't people have respect for not only things of the past,but others as well?
    It's not just the Hall of Presidents here that I am talking about.Yes it should stay,because it represents what America should be,and not what it is.Yes I know we had slavery in the past,but that does not mean that it was right!It wasn't!Abraham Lincoln said it well,"All men are created equal".But if the Hall of Presidents is taken out,then we might as well take away everything that this country was founded upon.Freedom,and equality.
    I could go on and on,but I won't! I've made my point.
    Lastly,if people don't get a rebirthed interest and desire to become more educated in our country's past,what it is founded upon,and see what is happening in our government today;then before we know it,this country will become another "government-controlled" nation,and by then it may be too late to do anything about it!
    I have now stepped off of my soapbox.
    Park Hopper Dad!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I totally agree with the above post. Disney has been "dumbing things down" for years.
    Think of what Epcot used to be compared to what it is now. It's too bad they seem to be focusing on a market that has a 20 second attention span.

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Once again I love all the parks. The Hall of Presidents is still a great venue, wish it would reopen in June instead of July so we could visit it. Now my hubby listens to all the news & history shows. Where as I am totally Disney. But I do watch world news or check out the web sites. The tv ones are to repeatable on the news only need to hear it once.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Tmntrans View Post
    CBJ has to stay due to being in Frontierland. I absolutely hate Monsters Inc. I like Stitch but I think they just about used all they can out of the building. After its done they need to tear it down and start with a fresh sheet of paper.
    You really hate Monsters, Inc.? Wow thats a fave of mine in MK. I'm 43 and have 18 and 16 year old kids. We all love it. We always text in jokes and try to sit close to "that guy" to bug him during or after the show. Maybe we are enterained easily. On our last trip we visited this attraction at least 4 times a day.

I say Stitch is the worst.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

NorweJenNY is offline Fastpass Holder

I wish Stitch had been an option too... I really think that's just gotta go.

I'm not surprised to see no votes for TTA yet. Isn't TTA one of those things that just can never go? It's great... never a line, yet you see so much of Disney while you're on it. And with young children, it's great for helping them take a nap.

I think Hall of Presidents is a necessity for our American heritage... and it's pleasantly air conditioned. I feel similarly about CoP...

I voted to lose Country Bear Jamboree... while I like the air conditioning on a hot day, I also just feel like it's a little out-dated and not good enough to be a classic. I'd probably like to see something a little newer in the space, even if it is another show... just off the top of my head, how about a show starring Woody? Fitting for Frontierland, and his buddy Buzz already has a place on the other side of the park... maybe there's something else too. The imagineers are talented, and I trust they'd figure out something good.
    Jenny

April 1996 - Off Property
    December 2001-January 2002 - Honeymoon - CBR
    April 2003 - Off Property
    July 2004 - OKW
    July 2006 - Off Property
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - OKW
    June 2008 - SSR
    July 2009 - POR & WL
    September/October 2009 - ASMo

Next Trip - December 2009 - POFQ & VWL

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ImaMouser View Post
    You really hate Monsters, Inc.? Wow thats a fave of mine in MK. I'm 43 and have 18 and 16 year old kids. We all love it. We always text in jokes and try to sit close to "that guy" to bug him during or after the show. Maybe we are enterained easily. On our last trip we visited this attraction at least 4 times a day.

I say Stitch is the worst.
    I agree with you about Monsters.We have only seen it once but we loved it.We saw it in '07.I just turned 50 and I have two girls 15 and 17 and we went to WDW for 10 yrs in a row from '98 to '07.I lost my job and we could not go in '08.I hope we can again here in '09.
    As for stitch,I agree with you about that.It has to be absolutely one of the worst attractions that I have ever seen at WDW,along with its big brother,the Alien Encounter.So let's take a dead attraction and add this character that looks like "death warmed over",and twist it around a bit and re-open it as a stitch encounterWOW-WEE! Aren't we smart imagineers!We're too stupid to create a new attraction with a very cool theme like "Meet the Robinsons". Now that would be an awesome attraction! I love that movie.
    Or create a Horizons type attraction like what used to be at Epcot,until they decided they wanted to tear it down and fabricated a story(lie),that there was sinkhole under the Horizons building and it had to go!And they expect the public to believe that! If there was a sinkhole under that building,it would not have stood as long as it did.Get out of your imagineery world people.
    Bottom line,Stitch should go,and I'll be glad when it does.
    I love WDW,but not stitch.So there.
    Park Hopper Dad!

jaredkari is offline A-Ticket holder

All of these need to stay. What needs to go is the Tomorrowland Speedway

WDW-Dreamer is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by jaredkari View Post
    All of these need to stay. What needs to go is the Tomorrowland Speedway
    Yes, I think this way too. I really hate the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. This ride has nothing in common with Disney. Itīs really noisy and if you walk from Tomorrowland to Mickeyīs Toontown Fair along the Speedway tracks, it stinks even from far away. I donīt like the Monster Inc. attraction too, even though itīs funny

The attractions above need to stay, but if I would have to vote, I would choose the Country Bear Jamboree.
    Vanessa

...find the dream inside of you and always let your conscience be your guide...
    take the dream with you where ever you may go

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

small world that music.
    J&J

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456