Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Parades in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi, I realise this is a bit previous but I have found that if you plan your vacation to WDW like a military operation you get the most of out ...
    lizdarren41 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Parades

Hi, I realise this is a bit previous but I have found that if you plan your vacation to WDW like a military operation you get the most of out of your valuable time there.
    Can anyone suggest a good place to video the Not so scary Halloween Parade?
    Thanks.
    UK Disney Maniacs
    1991 off site
    1993 off site
    1995 Port Orleans
    1997 Carribean Beach
    1999 off site
    Had kids
    2003 off site
    2004 off site
    2006 off site
    2009 Port Orleans in October (yipee!!)

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    We done ours of MNSSHP in 2005 from outside " Casey,s Corner " on Maine Street.
    Because you,ve got plenty of light from the Maine Street itself & the colourful buildings as a background................not to mention the Castle ...................which is a great background in some of the film too.
    We done MVMCP from there one year 2008 & another year went up to Frontierland 2007...............................much prefered doing the video from around the Maine Street Area..............because of the lovely colours on the Castle & the Buildings in the back-ground.
    Where-ever you do decide ...................you need to go get your place at least 1/1& a half hours before the parade at least or you won,t get a space to get a good filming spot.
    Last edited by disneylady; 12-30-2008 at 01:06 PM.

I Belle
    Maggie

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I like to watch from Liberty Square. You can sit on the stone walls across from the Liberty Tree Tavern. It is a perfect spot to watch everything coming toward you and then turning and driving in front of you.

Of course I think the best part is seeing the Headless Horseman atop a horse bigger than I thought possible racing at you and skidding around the corner at a very fast pace.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I think for nearly any parade, a fantastic spot is to get up in the few seats outside the train station. Granted if it's Christmas that isn't the best shot because the tree is sort of in the way.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

lizdarren41 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thanks

Thanks for the tips guys, it is much appreciated. Can't wait, I'm excited now, what will I be like come October?
    UK Disney Maniacs
    1991 off site
    1993 off site
    1995 Port Orleans
    1997 Carribean Beach
    1999 off site
    Had kids
    2003 off site
    2004 off site
    2006 off site
    2009 Port Orleans in October (yipee!!)

Bobby2 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    From the lower walk way by the water at Liberty/Frontier.