Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Where would be the most romantic place to propose? in the Vacation Planning forums; I would suggest talking to albino pygmy here on DWT. He's a (former) jungle cruise skipper and I'm sure he could give you some great ideas!...
    StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    I would suggest talking to albino pygmy here on DWT. He's a (former) jungle cruise skipper and I'm sure he could give you some great ideas!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

bamfer23 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for all the great ideas so far, again, guys! I really appreciate it!
    And thank you StarsNStripes, for the heads up. I might just PM him now!

Also, side note, I "subscribed" to this thread to get it sent to me daily...the other day, my girlfriend was here, opened up my web browser, which goes straight to email box, and low and behold, an email from this thread was there!

Haha, I quickly clicked out of it, and she was none the wiser, so it worked out well!

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    Good cover. Let us know what pygmy says!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

disneymommi is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile ideas from a future proposee hehe

i have been trying to sneak hints to my boyfriend of special ways/places in wdw to propose since that is his plan when we go down in april. i found this out by accident hehe (really i did) and some of them are this:
    i thought that maybe on the monorail from magic kingdom to the ticket booth or whereever he could arrange for the driver to come over the pa and say something that would prompt him to get down on one knee and propose infront of everyone on the train.

or
    at fort wilderness they do horse drawn carriage rides at night for a small price you can take her out and propose to her under the stars not so dramatical but very romantic.

or
    also at fort wilderness on the beach at night you can see the parade of lights you could do it there where there is usually a few spectators but still mostly romantic and not so public.

or
    you could go to the off beating paths of mk and find cinderellas wishing well and through a penny in the well.. but instead of making a "wish" say " will you marry me .....?"

or
    the sorta obvious , at epcot in france or italy (romantic destinations without the added cost)

ok so i have been thinking about this for as long as i can remember.. we are already planning our disney wedding ... haha havent even been proposed to yet but oh well gotta start somewhere
    hope these ideas help
    and good luck

All great ideas, guys! Thank you

Piglit is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Ours was simple, but very romantic. I was sitting on a bench in Frontierland and as the Riverboat went past behind us, DH proposed. Perfect.
    "Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse"

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I am a ****er for anything castle related. I love the wishing well, you could throw in a penny and say "I wish xxx would marry me."

Also Belle does a story time in the rose garden in the early parts of the day. Maybe there is a possibility there.

Albinopygmy is the man! Let us know what he says.

Disney has options for just about ANYTHING. Call down there to see what is available.

While finding a memory that would be special for her is nice, maybe you should do something totally new and unexpected (besides proposing in general). The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Cinderella Castle is not just for kids! You could treat her to a princess makeover and then go into Cinderella's Royal Table and ask Cinderella for some help with the proposal. She is always just inside the door with a Photopass photographer. They take a photo that you get as a part of your meal package. You could arrange it so that they snap that photo at the moment you propose.

Oh, I just thought of something. You could take a chance at the Monster's Inc. Laugh floor. When you are waiting the the queue area you are given an address to text jokes that could be used in the show. You could type your proposal and see if it makes it through. They will read it right there on the Laugh Floor it the message is selected.

You could also try to talk to someone at Turtle Talk with Crush to see if you could get Crush to propose.

I have no idea if either of those ideas are even possible, especially the Crush part, but it is worth a try!

Congratulations, and ABSOLUTELY let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Bubba88 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The castmembers on the jungle cruise seem to be a special bunch and if you would talk to them I bet they would do something. I'm thinking to look on Walt Disney World website with this new promotion going on this year, they might help you "celebrate" your engagment by letting you set something up? Another over looked place to try to ask the question is by Cinderella's wishing well next to the castle. When your coming out of the castle from Main street take a right, other than people smoking, this is a nice quite place away from the crowd. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMom View Post
    Oh, I just thought of something. You could take a chance at the Monster's Inc. Laugh floor. When you are waiting the the queue area you are given an address to text jokes that could be used in the show. You could type your proposal and see if it makes it through. They will read it right there on the Laugh Floor it the message is selected.

You could also try to talk to someone at Turtle Talk with Crush to see if you could get Crush to propose.
    Wow...BOTH of those ideas just totally blew my mind. Haha
    Im definitely going to look into the Monsters Inc one...they could work out very well!

The wishing well seems to be very popular choice around here!

I called about the "Engagment package" they used to offer at Cinderella's Royal Table, and they no longer offer it

I seriously have made a list compiled of suggestions from this thread and various other things. You guys are all awesome!

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Just make sure you report back here once you return! We will keep the ideas flowing as long as you give us the entire run down once you are back!

more info i got while doing research!

~~The first would be that Walt Disney WorldŽ Florist can provide the perfect floral touch for your magical moment! You can call them at 407-827-3505 and speak to one of the associates for more information.
    ~~ Second, Disney Event Productions Photography & Video is able to capture this special moment in a photography or video session. Please call 407-827-5946 for more information. This would be a great option if you were thinking about doing it in the theme park somewhere.
    ~~Third there are several restaurants on property that can assist in hosting a romantic proposal with your dining. The number one location (and maybe she has hinted at this one) is an all inc lusive dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table featuring a specially created Chocolate Slipper Dessert, an engraved Glass Slipper in which the ring is presented, champagne flutes and more. Please call 407-824-4477 or email wdwcrtspecialevents@disney.com for pricing, details and proposal arrangements. (requires 7 days notice)
    ~~
    Lastly, you can schedule a romantic cruise along the Seven Seas Lagoon outside the Magic Kingdom Park and Bay Lake, aboard the Grand 1, a 52 ft. Sea Ray Yacht. Please call (407) Walt Disney WorldŽ Resorts-PLAY to reserve.

about the third option...

according to madeline at disney (which is where i got my info) they still offer that package at cinderellas royale table.. so call the number!!!!! she gave me that info 6 days ago!!!!!

They do?! The person I spoke with told me they no longer offered it!!!! Im going to call them tomorrow, for sure!

And dont worry, MagicMom...I will DEFINITELY report back with how it goes come March

I just looked it up on the website, since they re-did it, and it IS listed there again. This might be the winner, folks...

Also, that email address they list (and you posted) actually doesn't work!

luvsfigment is offline A-Ticket holder
    Good luck!!

DH proposed behind the castle during MVMCP. He gave the video camera to a CM and then ran back and proposed. It was wonderful! I really recommend getting the proposal on video. We had our videographer put it at the beginning of our wedding video, and it's priceless.

Also, during Wishes I saw someone propose at the end when Jiminey Cricket is talking about wishes coming from your heart. I think I cried more than the girl who got engaged.

Can't wait to hear what you decide!

D23

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast