Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Where would be the most romantic place to propose? in the Vacation Planning forums; Well, the ring has been bought, and the phone calls are in place for the Cinderella Royal Table proposal...I hope they call me back soon!...
    bamfer23 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Well, the ring has been bought, and the phone calls are in place for the Cinderella Royal Table proposal...I hope they call me back soon!

Got their response yesterday....

Jeff,
    Thank you for your interest in the Cinderella's Royal Table Magical Proposal Package, The Lords and Ladies of the castle are honored that you have chosen to share your special occasion with us here at Cinderella's Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom. Should you choose to grace us with your presence, your Magical Proposal Package will include:
    Our signature dining experience, which for the royal couple includes: A preferred seat in the Castle, your royal meal & a complimentary photograph with Cinderella, the lady of the Castle. Your meal includes a choice of appetizer, entrée, non-alcoholic drink, and dessert. For this package we offer a specialty dessert which the royal chef prepares especially for the occasion, it consists of a White chocolate slipper filled with chocolate mousse on an Angel Food cake pillow, served with fresh berries and a savory Raspberry sauce. The engagement ring will be presented around a rose bud in the center of the glass slipper on a bed of fresh rose petals.
    We also include a personally engraved glass slipper with you and your princess's name engraved on one side, the date on the bottom and a sweet sentiment on the other. A non-alcoholic champagne toast to celebrate the occasion, A pair of Cinderella's Royal Table champagne flutes to celebrate the future years to come. A personal photographer to capture the moment and a beautiful memory destined to last a lifetime. Those pictures will be available for you to purchase through Disney Photo Imaging, but are not included in the price of the package.
    We are also happy to accommodate, as best we can, any further requests that you may have .The Cinderella's Royal Table Magical Proposal Package is $300.00 plus tax and 18% gratuity and booked on a first come, first serve basis. For further details or to book you're once in a lifetime experience, please reply to this email or contact the Cinderella's Royal Table special occasion line at:
    407-824-4477. I look forward to hearing from you
    soon.
    So, it'll basically come out to about $400 total. Which, to me, is way expensive. Considering our plane tickets weren't even that much, it's a bit much for me. Itd be cool to get that glass slipper with our names engraved, but $400 is way too pricey for a dinner. Especially since its at around 5 PM, and not during the fire works.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    They sell the glass slippers at the Crystal shops at WDW. I think you can have it engraved. Definitely less than $300 + tax and gratuity!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Bubba88 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    WOW ! There's definetly alot of other options you can go with they will cost you less than 400 dollars. try using this link to contact Disney and tell them your looking to get engaged when your down there and you need ideas.http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/contact/ They may have give you some idea plans that other have not mentioned yet ?

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Oh, I am very disappointed for you. It seemed like you really wanted to do that. But you are right about the price.

So, I just called Arrivas Brothers (the crystal & glass blowing shop at DTD) I spoke to Kevin. I told him your plans and he told me they have 2 slippers there. He said many people who use them for engagements purchase the slipper with a heart on it. One is small (about 4 or 5 inches long; perfect size for a ring) and it is $40. They also have a really big one for $95. The slippers come in clear, pink, and blue. You can have it engraved with names/dates, etc. for under $10. Kevin said you can call ahead and pay with a credit card so it is ready when you arrive.

You could still take her to dinner at the castle and present it yourself if you want! Call Kevin. Arrivas Brothers is located behind Ghirardelli's at DTD. Their direct phone number is 407-828-4840.

Good luck!

disneymommi is offline A-Ticket holder
    ~to go a little bit further with the glass slipper you could get a nice satin ring bearers pillow (which you can get at most any craft store or walmart fairly inexpensive.) and ask a cast member to bring the slipper (ring ) in on the pillow and do the speach about trying it on or something ....

MagicMom - Thank you so much for giving them a call. Im going to call them tomorrow and talk to them about one of those slippers...thats so cool!

And yeah, $400 is kind of excessive. I left a message with the front desk at Pop Century today for some ideas, and the woman was like "That's so romantic! Ill have someone call you back soon!"

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    $400 could be a nice deposit for a Disney honeymoon!

I am sure you will have an absolutely magical moment!

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Let me just say that sometimes romantic is in the eye of the beholder. If she has a favorite attraction, how about doing it before you go on it or after you get off. The glass slipper fairy-tale does not always do it for everyone either for personal tastes or the price-tag. It's all about knowing yourself and your future fiancee, more than having a blow-away proposal that is the talk of legend. Most people are happy enough with JUST the proposal.
    AllAbouttheMouseketeer #224-Michael K. from Buckeye, Arizona

Stays at Walt Disney World
    July 1995: Shades of Green
    April 2000: All Star Sports (Baseball)
    March 2001: All Star Music (Rock)
    January 2006: All Star Movies (Mighty Ducks)
    May 2006: Saratoga Springs (Congress Park)
    March 2007: Saratoga Springs (Paddock)
    August 2007: Port Orleans: French Quarter
    June 2008: Saratoga Springs (Springs)

August 2009: Saratoga Springs

Stays at Disneyland
    May 2008: Grand Californian
    December 2008: Grand Californian

June 2009: Radison/Disneyland Hotel

Working for the Walt Disney Company
    Jan-Aug '07: MGM(Sunset/Lucasland/Backlot)
    Aug '08-May '09: GCC College Program Rep

May '09: EPCOT

WDI2B is offline A-Ticket holder
    in disneyland, get help from a club 33 member, have so and so pop the Q at the grande finale of fantasmic up in the club 33 balcony...

or
    Last edited by WDI2B; 01-28-2009 at 07:24 PM. Reason: N/A

WDI2B is offline A-Ticket holder
    u shuld get a cm to break down the snow white ride, right when ur at the last scene...
    have cm come in and open ur ridecar and then pop the Q.

Haha, if I could someone to break down a ride, that would be awesome, but I'm sure the OTHER people on the ride wouldn't appreciate it.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder
    During the Wishes Finale on the beach of the Polynesian. I'd wait till she's absorbed and in the very last verses of the fireworks music, when it says "and your wish will come trueeeeeeeee......" I think that'd be the perfect time, maybe get some photographers to be sitting on the beach around you to capture the moment.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder
    I know you are wanting to have it planned, but the CM's will really go out of their wayto help. I went to WDW for my honeymoon and we purchased airbrush T-shirts. CM's noticed and bumped us to the front of lines and left several cars empty between us and other guests.

If she has a favorite ride, I really think that would be special. You mentioned Jungle Cruise, maybe they could work it where you ahd a boat to yourselves.

No matter what, Good luck and congrats!
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

babyladykatie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My boyfriend and I are going to Disney in a couple days and I really hope he pops the question. We've been dating for 4.5 years, I think its time. If I had my way, Id want him to propose during Wishes. Its such a beautiful show and youd have the castle as a backdrop.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Walt Disney World College Program Alumni - 2003
    *Currently doing everything I possibly can to go back
    to work at WDW.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

1989 - Off Property, First Trip to WDW
    1994 - Polynesian Resort
    2000 - Off Property
    2003 - Walt Disney World College Program, Merchandise Hostess, Disney-MGM Studios
    2004 - Off Property
    2006 - Boardwalk
    2007 - Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa
    2009 - Coronado Springs, Got engaged at WDW!!!
    February 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    December 2010 - Caribbean Beach
    February 2011 - 4-night Disney Cruise on the Disney Dream
    2012 - Disney Wedding!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast