Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Where would be the most romantic place to propose? in the Vacation Planning forums; So, here's the deal... I took advantage of the buy 4, get 3 free deal that Disney was offering. My girlfriend of over two years and I are going March ...
    bamfer23 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Where would be the most romantic place to propose?

So, here's the deal...

I took advantage of the buy 4, get 3 free deal that Disney was offering. My girlfriend of over two years and I are going March 7th-14th for a romantic getaway.

As much of a Disney freak that I am, of course I decided that this would be the perfect time to propose to her.

I've looked around online for some ideas, but figured I may as well post here, and see if any of you guys had any ideas about how and/where to pop the question at WDW.

I know they used to offer an "engagement package" at the Cinderella's Castle dinner (where they sit you at one of the best tables, and at desert, they bring out the ring for you in a glass slipper), but I've heard reports that they stopped doing it earlier this year.

So, please help me add to my already long list of things I could possibly do to propose, and make the vacation even more memorable!

Thanks, and can't wait to hear some ideas!

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder
    When I was working at Disney I had a guy come up to a fellow cast member while his girlfriend was in the bathroom and he asked for us custodians to help him out. When his girlfriend came out my friend told her that he would like to do something special for her boyfriend since he had such a nice conversation with him and that they should meet them over at the lunching pad in tomorrowland after wishes. So, after this happen my friend asked me and a few other custodians on how we could help pull off a good proposal for this person. We ended up talking to a tomorrowland attractions manager and allowed him to go up by the astro orbitor after the park closed. So the attractions manager, my custodial friend and the couple went up the elevator and they let them walk over to the railing to give them some privacy and to get some pictures from the view. The guy popped the question there.

Moral of the story. Ask cast members for help! haha. A lot of them are more than willing to help you pull off a great proposal. So ask for help or ideas while there to find out when and where would be a good spot for that particular day. Good luck!
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    how about right before you go over the big plunge on Splash Mountain just before your photo is taken
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    If I ever get to that point in my life I would want someone to propose to me in front of the castle right at the entrance to the walkthrough and I would hope someone would be there to photograph it.

My other choice would be hmm... I guess something that gets Stitch involved or involves a dole whip & the tiki room garden.

Or something at the Poly! Maybe on the beach, under a palm tree.

Envypeterpan - Yeah, one of the most common things I heard has been to ask a cast member. Every story I have read has said they had been extremely helpful, and really try to go the extra mile to make it special. I kind of wanted to have some sort of plan already when I get down there, but worse comes to worse, I can always ask the concierge when I get there!

MJMcb - Haha, I would, but I'd be too afraid of losing the ring on the way down!

Stitch - The castle is always romantic That's why I was asking about the Cinderella dinner...I'll have to call tomorrow and see. As for the Poly, we ARE doing the "Spirit of Aloha" dinner one night while we are there....if only they had audience particpation! haha

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder
    On a carriage ride at Port Orleans Hotel.

On the viewing area at the top deck of the Contemporary Hotel just outside the California Grill during Wishes.

If you've got cash and enough time to schedule a reservation, Victoria and Albert's Restaurant.

Another expensive option -- one of those private yachts that serve dinner on the Seven Seas Lagoon and then stay for Wishes.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    My dream is for me and my partner (of 7 years) to be waiting for a parade to start, and a cast member coming up to me and taking me into the middle of Main Street. My boyfriend follows and goes down on one knee. After 'popping the question' I'd obviously say yes and the crowd cheers. It would be lovely to share the magic with everyone around us....best wishes for your magical moment xxx
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    I was proposed to during the dramatic music change during Illuminations when all the countries light up. Not only was the picture perfect but the music as well. My fiancee knew my affinity for musical scores and so he "studied" for a few months on Youtube, watching every nighttime fireworks show repeatedly for what he thought was the most awe-inspiring, piviotal moment. Worked like a charm. The crowd went nuts!

I also have another idea involving the "wedding ring" embedded in the concrete outside the Haunted Mansion.

You've just gotta know what she likes, what is memorable, and most importantly, have a solid plan. Us ladies are sneakier than you know!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by bamfer23 View Post
    Envypeterpan - Yeah, one of the most common things I heard has been to ask a cast member. Every story I have read has said they had been extremely helpful, and really try to go the extra mile to make it special. I kind of wanted to have some sort of plan already when I get down there, but worse comes to worse, I can always ask the concierge when I get there!

MJMcb - Haha, I would, but I'd be too afraid of losing the ring on the way down!

Stitch - The castle is always romantic That's why I was asking about the Cinderella dinner...I'll have to call tomorrow and see. As for the Poly, we ARE doing the "Spirit of Aloha" dinner one night while we are there....if only they had audience particpation! haha
    We did the SoA in November and they ask all the couples celebrating marriages, engagements and anniversary's to come up... you could do it there .
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Also you could do it while on a favorite ride of yall's or during a favorite show.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I would consider going into the rose garden that is between the Castle and Tomorrowland. It is a beautiful place, a little (ok, kinda) quiet and off the beaten path, but still wonderful views of the Castle.

Maybe a key question is - what does your girlfriend like at Disney? Maybe you can build on that - her favorite attraction, character, etc.???
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    OK, how about right after the skull says "Dead Men Tell No Tales"?
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    OK, how about right after the skull says "Dead Men Tell No Tales"?
    Is this the voice of experience talking??? HA!
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

SunnyBunny86 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    My husband proposed during the finale of the Hallowishes fireworks during MNSSHP, while we were standing on the bridge that leads over to Tomorrowland. Halloween is my favorite holiday, and Disney is my absolute favorite place ever, so it couldn't have been more perfect.
    Sunny

"Reality: That annoying thing between Disney trips!"

All excellent ideas, guys. Thanks so much! Please, keep 'em coming if anyone else has more!

As for favorite attractions, it would probably be the Jungle Cruise for her. That might be able to work into something, if I can talk to a CM before hand...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast