Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Rainy Days at the Parks in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi Everyone! I was just thinking about what you prefer to do at the parks when the rain begins? when I was working there, my roommate and I always went ...
    envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder

Rainy Days at the Parks

Hi Everyone! I was just thinking about what you prefer to do at the parks when the rain begins? when I was working there, my roommate and I always went to the parks when we do it was going to be a rainy day since most people flock to the shops then. My favorite thing to do during a rainy day is Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids since you are going to get wet already, why not get even more wet?

So what is your favorite rainy day activity at Disney World?
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

PulchraPuella is offline A-Ticket holder
    When a storm interrupts our day, we usually try to hit the lower-key attractions, like Country Bear or Philharmagic in the Magic Kingdom, or The Animation Tour at the Studios. But my favorite thing to do is just find a covered place to sit, so I can enjoy watching people walk by and so forth.
    "Henry, he did it again! Go over and give that neighbor of ours what for!" -The Carousel of Progress

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Well, I rode Everest in the pouring rain, that was quite an experience!

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

Wow. I bet Everest would be tons of fun in the rain!
    -Brent

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

Jester75 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We usually just keep on with whatever we are doing. Usually we have great weather when we go - this year it did end up raining each evening and a little bit during most days. Headed over to MK one evening during a rainstorm - rode Splash Mountain - was fine until the ride broke down while we were at the top. So there we were sitting at the top of SM, it's raining out and we are broken down right where the water runs down off of the rocks - like we weren't wet enough!! After that we headed over to Columbia Harbor House for some hot food and a chance to dry off - then back to the park!!

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    We try not to let the rain get in the way too much. At the MK, we just hunker down and try to hit covered attractions, such as Peter Pan, Small World, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, etc.

The rain makes the dash from place to place more fun.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    We usually have pretty good luck with the weather when we go, so I really don't have a plan when it rains. The last time it rained when we were there was a few trips ago and we just rode Rock n' Rollercoaster 7 times in a row!
    ~Ashleigh

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    If your tickets allow, I suggest skipping the parks and going to DisneyQuest. It is perfect for a rainly day since it is all indoors.

But then again, everyone else will probably think the same, and the place will be crowded...
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

bamfer23 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Running thru the rain like fools while everyone watches us

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by clion View Post
    We try not to let the rain get in the way too much. At the MK, we just hunker down and try to hit covered attractions, such as Peter Pan, Small World, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, etc.

The rain makes the dash from place to place more fun.
    Sorry totally off topic but your Avatar is lovely

I totally agree Bamfer23. I remember my friends and I dancing in the rain in Fantasyland one time. It is actually one of my favorite Disney memories. Dancing in the rain in the happiest place on earth while groups of people huddled by Mrs. Potts in their ponchos wondering what was wrong with us.
    -Brent

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    If a thunderstorm hits, my family usually runs to the closest gift shop. If the rain doesn't look like it is letting up we will then run to the nearest indoor attraction or we go eat.
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"