Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss behind the scenes tours in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone done any of the behind the scenes tours? We are planning to do keys to the kingdom and undiscovered future world. The kids never liked anything that was ...
    crashbunny is offline Moderator

behind the scenes tours

Has anyone done any of the behind the scenes tours? We are planning to do keys to the kingdom and undiscovered future world. The kids never liked anything that was remotely educational and since I'm the technogeek- I'm gonna love it. Or am i gonna hate it? Anyone ever gone on one of these?

Loric is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I used to give 2 parts of the Undiscovered Future World tour that have been discontinued. I hear the rest is still great though..

Previously, when Body Wars was operating you got to stand in the protective glass box in the dark 2 floors under the loading area in the simulator's pit and watch it bounce around from underneath. Also, it used to go through the Diorama at Energy to see the dinosaurs between shows - but the lawyer types stopped that because regulation say it's not safe to ever be on a vehicle track while a ride is in operation, even if the vehicles only come through once every 17 minutes.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Thumbs up

I've taken the Keys to the Kingdom, Undicovered Future World, Backstage Magic and a few others...

I have to say that if you can put in the 8 hours, Backstage Magic is AWESOME!! (especially for trivia and behind-the-scenes buffs like me). You see places you cannot see on any other tours (e.g Central Shops - VERY cool!)
    A big part of the tours are the quality, personality, and knwledge of the tour guide I once had a guide that was not overly outgoing and frienldy, and it really took away from the tour.

You also have to understand what you're going to see. For example, on the undicovered FW, you're not going to see SSE with the lights on, etc. You will see the empty lounge at the Living Seas, the greenhouses of the Land, etc. It;s still a ton of fun, but I think you have to know what you're going to be doing, etc. Not for those who want to spend the day riding attractions.

As for the backstage Magic tour, I can't say enough good things about it. It was absolutely fascinating. When I went, we saw MK, Epcot and tons of backstage areas. Keys to the Kindgom overlaps quite a bit, so if you take Backstage Magic, KTTK tour is not really necessary.

Hope that rambling helps. I'll shut up now.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

LilMarcieMouse is offline B-Ticket Holder

Talking

I have Done Keys to the Kingdom and the DAK BAckstage Tour also Wold By Desing at DAK. I would recommend any of them.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Has anyone done the Segway tour as yet?
    Lou Mongello

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    we were going to try it - can't convince my sweetie yet - I'm working on it!

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    I wanted to, but it came down to trying for the segway tour, or going to the Poly for Tonga Toast. I opted for the latter.

I also highly recommend the backstage magic tour; though Keys to the Kingdom is nice, you really get to see much more nifty stuff with Backstage Magic.

Magic behind the steam trains is a nice tour too, and doesn't duplicate stuff in either Backstage Magic or Keys to the Kingdom..

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    Pardon me for my ignorance, but how does one go about getting one of these behind the scenes tours? I would love to do it!
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

(407) WDW-TOUR can help you out!

Thanks!

Norman, if you like the "backstage" aspect of WDW, I highly recommend one or more of the tours! The Backstage Magic Tour was a full day and absolutely fantastic!!
    Lou Mongello

Thanks Lou. I'm not sure when my next trip will be but I will definitely look into it. Thanks for the info.

I strongly urge the Backstage Magic tour, too

I thought about taking some more tours when I go in September... I enjoyed the Backstage Magic tour when I did it a few years ago and thought of doing it again... althoiugh I've heard access to many areas like Central Shops have now been taken off the tour. Is that true?

May try a DAK tour this time... would like to see some backstage areas, but I'm honestly less concerned with seeing the animal sleeping and care areas, etc. than the history, architecture and (of course) secrets and trivia
    Lou Mongello

mondo1748 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I did this Key to the Kingdom tour and the tour was awesome....The tour guide even better. Now I did the Back Stage tour back when it was just starting.....what has changed....Please someone post the daily plan they use and do they still have the bus (private) that takes you around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast