Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Dumbo question in the Vacation Planning forums; does anyone know how many can sit in "a seat" on DUmbo? My DH doesn't spin well so I was going to take my DS4 and DS2 on the ride...can ...
    PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Dumbo question

does anyone know how many can sit in "a seat" on DUmbo? My DH doesn't spin well so I was going to take my DS4 and DS2 on the ride...can we all sit in the same seat or will one of us have to be in a different row?
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by PlutoGirl View Post
    does anyone know how many can sit in "a seat" on DUmbo? My DH doesn't spin well so I was going to take my DS4 and DS2 on the ride...can we all sit in the same seat or will one of us have to be in a different row?
    Dumbo seats two adults in each car side by side. For my wife and I the fit is snug. You may be able to get two little ones on the seat with you, but it will probably be snug, and I am not certain that it is allowed.

Aladdin is essentially the same ride as Dumbo but with a slightly different configuration. It has two rows of two each per car, and the rows are wider. So you have a better chance of all sitting in the same row on Aladdin than Dumbo, and even if you do have to separate into two rows you're still all together in one car. I'm not sure how helpful that is -- a 4 year old is probably not going to be convinced by the mechanical similarities of the two rides that having ridden one there's no need to ride the other.

One other thing to consider (not sure how experienced you are) -- it's not obvious until you actually get in line, but although you control the up/down motion of the vehicles on both rides, both end by overriding the controls and lifting all cars to the highest possible position for a couple of revolutions. So if anyone has a fear of heights you'll want to be careful.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    If they won't let the 3 of you on (not sure whether or not they do) maybe they will let you do a child swap and your husband can stand in line and wait with the other child. I would ask.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...
    My wife and I took our 2 1/2 year old on Dumbo back in Feb. 08 without too much trouble. It was a little tight, but I have a big hiney and my wife's isn't too much smaller. One adult and two kids shouldn't be a problem.

P.S. I'm 6'2", my wife is 5'10", and our son was about 41" at the time.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

I have riden in a Dumbo with both my boys at the same time. It is allowed as long as all three of you can sit with your bottoms on the seat and get the belt fastened around you. I'm sure you won't have an issue with two young ones.

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Good to know - I didn't think that 2 adults and a kid would fit from seeing it from ground level.
    Thanks!
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    2 adults and a child will not fit.

Also, I was just there in November with a fairly large group. We had a lot of adults and kids in line together and when we got to the boarding area we were told that any child under the minimum height requirement must have an adult. We didn't do the MCoA but we did do the TS at AK, where the same rule applied. But, since some are reporting that they rode with 2 kids I guess it depends on the CM at the gate.

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...
    2 adults and a 2 1/2 year old will fit. It was tight, but we fit.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Awesome! Thanks guys! I've been to Disney 6 times but have never ridden Dumbo...so this will be a first for me.
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...